Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for best 1v1 PvP Jugg/Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Looking for best 1v1 PvP Jugg/Guardian

CreeCwee
10.18.2012 , 04:40 AM | #21
Talk to Strenx, he'll shut you up..
character name
guild
cool quote

LarryRow
10.18.2012 , 08:05 AM | #22
My money is on Shino-numa
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Technohic
10.18.2012 , 09:58 AM | #23
So did anything come of this last night?

rob_y
10.18.2012 , 10:22 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
So did anything come of this last night?
I didn't get any whispers, which is fine, since Wednesdays are my guild's raid night right now, so unless he caught me early, I wouldn't have been able to duel. I did test out FRAPS, though, and that seems to be working fine. Not sure if any other Guardians/Jugs dueled him. I'm sure I'll be on again tonight and am willing to give it a try.

Edit: In case anyone was curious, here are the first two WZs I FRAPSed on this character (the only ones I got a chance to do last night). The first one is a Voidstar I solo queued while waiting for my guildmates, and the second one was a Huttball that had three of us (I put music over it so you don't have to listen to our chatter in Ventrilo). Sorry if the quality sucks - I'll FRAPS the duel in better quality, I just wanted to conserve space for videoing the raid after:

Voidstar: http://youtu.be/lHfG5OcNKps
Huttball: http://youtu.be/9IFlmNUUuPo
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Dire
10.18.2012 , 11:34 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah, really don't want this thread to turn into a theorycraft 'can he - can't he' back-and-forth. Plenty of that in the original discussion.

I'd like to know if there is a PvP Juggernaut or Guardian on this server, from a high rated team (or is considered by their peers to be one of the best) who can beat an assault commando.

Or can we declare Duck'Bumps as better than them all?
Ohhhh.. I see now. This guy Duck'Bumps was following me all around huttball yesterday asking to 1v1 me. He got smashed pretty bad. We won that match and there are some cool highlight moments that i fraps'd and I am putting in my next vid! I'll check to see if he was one of my victims.
Characters: Dire / Direforce Legacy Name: Immortal
2.0 Vengeance PvP! Episode 1: The Civil War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8eNESEwaU

Jherad
10.18.2012 , 03:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dire View Post
Ohhhh.. I see now. This guy Duck'Bumps was following me all around huttball yesterday asking to 1v1 me. He got smashed pretty bad. We won that match and there are some cool highlight moments that i fraps'd and I am putting in my next vid! I'll check to see if he was one of my victims.
Awesome, thanks Dire. I'd really appreciate it if you could spare some time to 1v1 him and fraps that also. I'm not going to call him out here, but suffice it to say his claims of Jugg ownage have met with some ... skepticism... from me and others. A video showing one way or the other would be great.

Also thanks to Rob_y. Your voidstar vid is showing as unavailable. The huttball one is viewable but the quality is really low? Might want to try bumping it up a little (try reencoding the master vid through movie maker as 1080p). Would really like to know how any duel goes.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Asukaa
10.19.2012 , 10:03 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dire View Post
Lol took 3 of you 10 secs to kill me... bad dps is bad. Hallow took 4 secs to take me down 1v1 (no cd's for me). Doubt I'll be in your vids as it took you way to long to kill me while I just stood there and did nothing but type in chat..

Dovahbrah
10.19.2012 , 10:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Asukaa View Post
Lol took 3 of you 10 secs to kill me... bad dps is bad. Hallow took 4 secs to take me down 1v1 (no cd's for me). Doubt I'll be in your vids as it took you way to long to kill me while I just stood there and did nothing but type in chat..
Let the damage control begin.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Jholiday
10.19.2012 , 10:59 AM | #29
I got money on the Jugg if hes smash

Its not even close.

I have a Merc/ Sorc and a Jugg and for 1v1 there is no competition.. Maybe a good assasin because our smash doesnt hit them as hard but thats it.
Its simple math

A geared rage jugg smash hits for 6-8 k when geared .. Lets call it 6 to be conservative

Sabre Throw -1500
Charge - 700
Crush - 2500
Smash - 6000
Interrupt- O Dmg Stops Heal
Obliterate - 2000
Force Choke- 2000 Stops 2nd heal
Smash- 6000
Sundering Assault - 1500
Obliterate- 2000
pop Enrage and Smash again -6000
Force Push , Interupt s Heal , resets Charge ,
Charge Again
Smash- 6000

Do , Here the math

34,000 Damage in under 30 Seconds
Stopped 3-5 Heals
Total Average Geared PvP'er has 20,000 hp
he gets 1 Instant heal off for 7k , SO call it 27,000hp
Uses a Defensive CD and blows a Pot , Reduce the 34,000 by about 6 k
Medpack give you 5-6 k
and you are dead..

People will flame this assesment , but if you are playing a smash jugg well you know Im right. I put down 1 v 1's all the time on my Jugg
You stack em up, I burn em down !

rob_y
10.19.2012 , 11:46 AM | #30
Duck'Bumps - I was in a Huttball with you last night and tried whispering you so we could set this up but I guess you didn't see it in the confusion. Was a good round, though - once I realized you were on my team I decided to FRAPS it which immediately caused me to lag-turn off the catwalk (for some reason FRAPS only lags me when I first start it). So that was hilarious.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five