Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Looking for best 1v1 PvP Jugg/Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Looking for best 1v1 PvP Jugg/Guardian

Kreaz's Avatar


Kreaz
10.17.2012 , 12:50 PM | #11
I think Ralex pretty much nailed it.
Ninjastyle-100-ShadowUrbān-90-GuardianKreaz-90-SorcererOwnzu-70-Juggernaut
www.youtube.com/tehkreaz

pwkinney's Avatar


pwkinney
10.17.2012 , 01:03 PM | #12
As a Tank/Smash hybrid I have a bunch of interupts, Force Kick, Awe, Pommel Strike, Force Puch and Force Stasis. I am certian a practiced Gaurdian would be able to keep any other class locked out of channeled or cast time abilities. The fight would come down to a Commando/Merc ability to maitain range which is really hard to do against a Gaurdian. IMO Sipers/Gunslingers are a much more difficult match-up for Gaurdian, for that reason.

As with most things player skill would be the biggest factor. A Jugg/Gaurdian that jumps into a 1V1 duel and then pushes you away to only jump in again is doing it wrong. Jumping is fine if you cant run to them but giving away an interpt (push) and your gap closer (jump) is a poor use of those cooldown.

have fun...Tort

Dire's Avatar


Dire
10.17.2012 , 01:07 PM | #13
I don't have any outstanding problems with any class. I can prove it. Anyone on PoT5 wanna duel around?
Characters: Dire / Direforce Legacy Name: Immortal
2.0 Vengeance PvP! Episode 1: The Civil War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8eNESEwaU

Asukaa's Avatar


Asukaa
10.17.2012 , 01:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
I just meant that you would never get a consensus of who the best Guardian/ Juggernaut is and anyone claiming to be that person is delusional or overconfident. The thing about hardly ever dueling is true, but I do very well in warzones on my Guardian.
I'll duel you. You don't have to be the best. I lose to tank assassins in BM gear and VG's all the time. Not saying you're undergeared or anything like that, but in this situation, it's your class that should be able to shut down my class, which means regardless of gear (as long as it's not recruit) you should be able to beat me consistently. And who knows, you just might. Just like how I thought I was invincible against all Marauders/Sentinels until a very smart combat (not sure of the imp equiv) specced mara totally owned my *** and forced me to change my opinions.

rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
10.17.2012 , 01:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Asukaa View Post
I'll duel you. You don't have to be the best. I lose to tank assassins in BM gear and VG's all the time. Not saying you're undergeared or anything like that, but in this situation, it's your class that should be able to shut down my class, which means regardless of gear (as long as it's not recruit) you should be able to beat me consistently. And who knows, you just might. Just like how I thought I was invincible against all Marauders/Sentinels until a very smart combat (not sure of the imp equiv) specced mara totally owned my *** and forced me to change my opinions.
Well, I'm usually either on Yan, Silch, or Hoeven on the republic side when I'm playing.

Now that I think about this whole thread - it would be kind of unreasonable for you to be expected to duel the consensus best Guardian/Juggernaut on the server (if such a person even existed) just because you said you can handle Guardians/Jugs. Obviously the best at a particular class can probably beat even someone very experienced at dealing with their class.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
10.17.2012 , 02:03 PM | #16
I would totally like to watch this on one of my toons I have some on both sides, although my republic toons are a bit green and don't have all the travel options lol. I want to see how the merc/commando does

Asukaa's Avatar


Asukaa
10.17.2012 , 02:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
Well, I'm usually either on Yan, Silch, or Hoeven on the republic side when I'm playing.

Now that I think about this whole thread - it would be kind of unreasonable for you to be expected to duel the consensus best Guardian/Juggernaut on the server (if such a person even existed) just because you said you can handle Guardians/Jugs. Obviously the best at a particular class can probably beat even someone very experienced at dealing with their class.
I'll send you a whisper when I get on. I agree with you too. There are people out there, that no matter what class they use, they are just that good where they can beat you no matter what... I've been in fights like that... Out skilled... It sucks but it happens.

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
10.17.2012 , 03:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Asukaa View Post
I'll send you a whisper when I get on. I agree with you too. There are people out there, that no matter what class they use, they are just that good where they can beat you no matter what... I've been in fights like that... Out skilled... It sucks but it happens.
Uuuh wait a second.

The *entire discussion* we have been having is about PvP at the absolute top end. Ie. that the best commandos cannot compete with the best juggs/maras/PTs whatever. Throughout, we have been in agreement that a good commando can handily beat a mediocre Juggernaut. That is not in question. We're also not talking about you beating someone in sub-WH gear.

If you want to back out, fine, but don't try and make this out as an unfair test.

Many thanks to those who have responded! It would be great if someone has the capability of recording the fight(s) themselves (Dire, I've seen your videos - would you be willing?), but I'll start grinding tonight if you need me to record somewhere.
Zacharļah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
10.17.2012 , 05:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Uuuh wait a second.

The *entire discussion* we have been having is about PvP at the absolute top end. Ie. that the best commandos cannot compete with the best juggs/maras/PTs whatever. Throughout, we have been in agreement that a good commando can handily beat a mediocre Juggernaut. That is not in question. We're also not talking about you beating someone in sub-WH gear.

If you want to back out, fine, but don't try and make this out as an unfair test.

Many thanks to those who have responded! It would be great if someone has the capability of recording the fight(s) themselves (Dire, I've seen your videos - would you be willing?), but I'll start grinding tonight if you need me to record somewhere.
I actually just downloaded FRAPS today and it seems to not really affect my performance much. I've been wanting it for a while anyway, so this just pushed me over the edge.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
10.17.2012 , 07:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
I actually just downloaded FRAPS today and it seems to not really affect my performance much. I've been wanting it for a while anyway, so this just pushed me over the edge.
You're awesome, thank you so much.

I've found a good compromise for recording FPS, file size for upload to youtube and quality is (assuming you have a 1920x1080 resolution) to have it capture at half size, 29.97 fps - then run the resulting file through windows movie maker and save as a 1080p movie (don't upload to youtube through moviemaker). The resulting file is usually around a gigabyte for a warzone.

If you just want to record a few duels, you can push the quality much higher. Of course if you have a blazing fast system and awesome internet connection, ignore me and put it all up high from the start.
Zacharļah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol