Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for best 1v1 PvP Jugg/Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Looking for best 1v1 PvP Jugg/Guardian

Jherad
10.17.2012 , 09:14 AM | #1
Hi all!

Was hoping someone here might be able to help settle a little argument I've been having someone about Commandos and Juggernauts. Said person plays a commando on this server (Duck'Bumps), and believes juggernauts are easy kills - I'm of the opinion that is (to put it mildly) ludicrous, so want to resolve this with a FRAPs'd fight or three.

We're talking about class mechanics, so I'm of the mind that if Juggs are easy prey, it won't matter how good they are. Would one of the best rated guilds have a jugg prepared to put this to rest please? Great if you have your own FRAPS, if not I'd be happy to grind a character up, get him to a neutral area and FRAPS the fight myself.

Thanks in advance!

(If you're interested, discussion is here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...541411&page=31 )
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

rob_y
10.17.2012 , 09:29 AM | #2
This sounds fun. I'm by no means the best Guardian, and I don't really ever duel, but I'd be willing to give it a go if we're ever available at the right time, for the hell of it, if no one else steps up. Alternatively, I have a Commando that I can try the other side of the fight with.

Edit: I don't have FRAPS and doubt my computer can run it while playing, so you'd have to do that.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

NRN_Hawk
10.17.2012 , 10:41 AM | #3
Usually it depends on what class / spec both players are, I can kill most rage Juggs kinda easier 1v1 as hybrid tank, but Pyro PTs burn me down kinda quick. But I'd say that almost any Jugg can easily kill a Commando except it's a healer, that may take a bit longer. ^^
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~

rob_y
10.17.2012 , 10:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NRN_Hawk View Post
Usually it depends on what class / spec both players are, I can kill most rage Juggs kinda easier 1v1 as hybrid tank, but Pyro PTs burn me down kinda quick. But I'd say that almost any Jugg can easily kill a Commando except it's a healer, that may take a bit longer. ^^
I believe he said he's an assault commando, so he'll have some heals, but not all of them (and good luck landing a heal as assault spec while a Guardian/Jug is in melee range - you'd have to create some serious distance or squeeze in some heals during a stun/mez).
RIVAL

Asukaa
10.17.2012 , 11:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
I believe he said he's an assault commando, so he'll have some heals, but not all of them (and good luck landing a heal as assault spec while a Guardian/Jug is in melee range - you'd have to create some serious distance or squeeze in some heals during a stun/mez).
We get 1 insta-heal as a commando. I just need to survive the first 5 globals. The way is usually goes down is: Leap > Push > Leap > Choke. The 5th global depends on the spec. If they are a tank I think they use master strike, if they are dps then they use their smash. I've been 5 shot before a few times. The first 4 abilities can hit hard but I am sure it's not consistent. If they are not specced into the immunity after leap, if you're faster than them, simply KB and it throws off their whole rotation. They will need to get back with range to get that second leap off. RNG also plays a part in this cause I've been in situations where the snare from plasma cell never procced or it just took too long to proc. If they are specced into the immunity for kb/stun, then you have to immediately pop your shield, and time those 4 secs after a leap perfectly, cast the insta-heal, and then get your 2 dots up and find some LOS before the first leap ready again. That gives you about 6 secs to do all that. While he is trying to get within site to leap, you are simply healing yourself and getting ready to do it all over again. It takes a lot more to down a jugg with the immunity and there is always the chance of getting 5 shot right off the bat. It's definitely not consistent, but it's enough for me to be very confident in me winning that fight.

Jherad
10.17.2012 , 11:35 AM | #6
Yeah, really don't want this thread to turn into a theorycraft 'can he - can't he' back-and-forth. Plenty of that in the original discussion.

I'd like to know if there is a PvP Juggernaut or Guardian on this server, from a high rated team (or is considered by their peers to be one of the best) who can beat an assault commando.

Or can we declare Duck'Bumps as better than them all?
Youtube / Twitch

robertx
10.17.2012 , 11:40 AM | #7
Liege #1 Jugg US

Ohh #1 Guardian US
R y l e xR a l e xR y l a k
< C a s u a l >
P o T 5

rob_y
10.17.2012 , 11:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah, really don't want this thread to turn into a theorycraft 'can he - can't he' back-and-forth. Plenty of that in the original discussion.

I'd like to know if there is a PvP Juggernaut or Guardian on this server, from a high rated team (or is considered by their peers to be one of the best) who can beat an assault commando.

Or can we declare Duck'Bumps as better than them all?
I already volunteered.
RIVAL

Jherad
10.17.2012 , 11:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
I already volunteered.
Thanks man, but the 'I'm by no means the best Guardian, and I don't really ever duel' bit kinda put me off a little. I'm sure if Duck'Bumps beats you soundly, he doesn't want to hear any kind of 'your opponent wasn't top notch' kind of excuses when I put the video up.

Unless you were just being modest.
Youtube / Twitch

rob_y
10.17.2012 , 12:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Thanks man, but the 'I'm by no means the best Guardian, and I don't really ever duel' bit kinda put me off a little. I'm sure if Duck'Bumps beats you soundly, he doesn't want to hear any kind of 'your opponent wasn't top notch' kind of excuses when I put the video up.

Unless you were just being modest.
I just meant that you would never get a consensus of who the best Guardian/ Juggernaut is and anyone claiming to be that person is delusional or overconfident. The thing about hardly ever dueling is true, but I do very well in warzones on my Guardian.
RIVAL