Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is my system incompatible?

nmjnmjc
12.19.2011 , 05:39 PM | #1
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) D cpu 3.00GHz
2.99GHz, 2 GB of ram
ATI FireGL v3100

I play other mmos with no problem, not even lag.

Thankyou for your help and time

EDIT: Now it begins to start up then my computer crashes and i get an error with the file ati3duag.dll

renegadeimp
12.19.2011 , 05:40 PM | #2
Because it doesnt meet the minimum requirements for this game. This game is not any of those other mmo's that were made years ago for old computers.

This is a modern game designed to run on fairly modern technology.

You will have to upgrade or buy a new system to play this game.

Sorry
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Los_Coy
12.19.2011 , 05:41 PM | #3
Minimum system requirements are
Processor:

* AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

* Windows XP or later

RAM:

* Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
* Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
* Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Video Card:

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

* ATI X1800 or better
* nVidia 7800 or better
* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive - 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)

Internet connection required to play.

doesnt look like yours meets that. time to upgrade

DaniWes
12.19.2011 , 05:41 PM | #4
What do you mean by other MMO's? Cause with those specs even WoW will lag for you.
I'd hate to say this, but you're in dire need of new hardware.
Played WoW for 5 years, SWG for 3 years, Rift for 6 months, AoC for 4 months, Aion for 2 months, Sorc Wars The Old Republic for 2 months.
Class Division in SWTOR

Ringzero
12.19.2011 , 05:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nmjnmjc View Post
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) D cpu 3.00GHz
2.99GHz, 2 GB of ram

I play other mmos with no problem, not even lag. I'm guessing this is just error code 7 screwing me over

Thankyou for your help and time
What video card are you using?

nmjnmjc
12.19.2011 , 05:42 PM | #6
you gotta be kidding D:. I can play wow with 60 fps but not swtor? man that sucks.

renegadeimp
12.19.2011 , 05:44 PM | #7
you gotta be kidding D:. I can play wow with 60 fps but not swtor? man that sucks.
You cant play wow with 60 fps with that system. Unless you are running on extreme low settings and in OpenGL mode. And even then your system would barely push 30.

It helps your case if you don't lie to people that are trying to help you.
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

renegadeimp
12.19.2011 , 05:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ringzero View Post
What video card are you using?
GPU would have no effect at all. His system is well under the recomended requirements to even start the game up

nmjnmjc
12.19.2011 , 05:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
You cant play wow with 60 fps with that system. Unless you are running on extreme low settings and in OpenGL mode. And even then your system would barely push 30.

It helps your case if you don't lie to people that are trying to help you.
lol why would i lie? i get 60 fps on wow if all the settings are turned down. is there a way to turn down swtor settings before i get on so i can play?

renegadeimp
12.19.2011 , 05:49 PM | #10
lol why would i lie? i get 60 fps on wow if all the settings are turned down. is there a way to turn down swtor settings before i get on so i can play?
Because your system is incapable of that. You might get 60 fps on the very rare occasion when you are looking up at the sky on absolute low settings and your system doesnt have to render much, but i guarantee that you don;t get that constantly.

Arguments aside, this game is designed for modern systems. Your system is pretty old.

As i said before, you need to upgrade or more likely buy a new system to play this game.

It might not be the news you wanted to hear, but thats how it is.

Sorry

Edit: If you want me to go into even more depth i can, although it would be pointless as you would ignore it completely and try and blame bioware for not catering to people who refuse to upgrade their systems.