Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

Vacarius
10.27.2012 , 02:21 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Mulloway View Post
I agree that playing ranked simply to to farm comms is not right, from what I understand that's why people play balanced. We played 6 games last night and despite losing all of them they were fun, competitive games.
I find it fascinating how everyone assumes 'balanced games' are com farming, not really sure why. If they were com farming, why not just win trade? While I haven't been involved in balanced games myself, listening to those who have it seems a great idea. The balanced nature of the games mean people actually have to use skill to win, not just rely on optimised war hero to farm those in recruit. Strange that those who organise them are generally already optimised war hero players, with no need for coms.

So is it com farming or a desire for competitive matches that don't involve facerolling pugs? The state of pvp on our server means that balanced games are one of the only options left to enjoy competitive pvp. As an added bonus, players who would never even think of doing ranked get a taste of it, learn from those more skilled, and thus eventually more pvp with better players.

Did you ever have a chance of winning last night Mulloway? If you didn't, then those games can't be considered competitive, as the winner is clear from the start. If you did, then the teams involved were balanced enough to ensure both had a chance at winning, something the balanced teams are trying to do. We're trying to make our ranked team competitive in Nightmare Council atm, but against existing teams we currently don't have a hope of winning. We'll keep going, because we know if we keep trying we'll improve. However, for those who can't make an 8 man (or those sick of farming NC ) balanced matches add a challenge that isn't there in standard ranked matches.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

MouldyCrow
10.27.2012 , 06:06 AM | #72
IMO server mergers won't fix this. The game is falling apart because there's nothing to do.

Same old raids, same old warzones, same imbalanced classes** , same few guild premades.

Bioware can merge our three servers but the slow bleed of people finding other things to do and better games to play will continue as long as there's nothing to do. My guild is primarily a PvE guild and I think its safe to say for us Nightmare Denova isn't something that gets the rest of the guys going "yeah I can't wait for that!!" quite the opposite, one of our main tanks was like "I cant be f#@%&d waiting around just for that" and quit. Some went back to WoW, some just quit and didn't say anything. This was the first week ever I logged on on a raid night and we didn't even have 8 to raid with - this was a guild that 8 weeks ago was farming Denova HM with 16 players every Wednesday. Personally Im just bored of the same old thing and only log on on raid night and to PvP on an alt.

Bioware have no awareness of whats going on around them, all these competing games that came out, D3, GW2, Pandas! Bioware does nothing for so long then at long last they release a raid that drops one item per boss, has garbage itemisation and due to a bug all the crafters learned everything worth crafting in 2 weeks so now we don't have to do said boring raid content anymore to gear up. Its like they aren't even aware that there are like... other games and they aren't boring.

Next patch is a new companion that people will have in 2 days, even though they dont need it because all there is to do is raid and PvP so why would you want a companion? 1 new warzone to mix in with all the old ones were already sick of and Nightmare Denova, an instance that if I ever see the inside of again will be too soon. <sarcasm> Where do I sign up?</sarcasm>

**Don't even talk to me if you think this is balanced in PvP lol

Terminus - Big Stinky

MrExcell
10.27.2012 , 09:13 PM | #73
Hi guys, just started reading this thread and thought I had to fill you in as to The Bastion Imp side at least.
I am the Guild Leader of Sneaky Llama's and our core raiders are predominantly Oceanic players, and I can confirm there are many Aussies on our server other than just our guild. If anyone does decide to come across feel free to hit me up on Fobic . http://sneakyllamas.enjin.com

Mulloway
10.28.2012 , 01:28 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Vacarius View Post
Did you ever have a chance of winning last night Mulloway? If you didn't, then those games can't be considered competitive, as the winner is clear from the start. If you did, then the teams involved were balanced enough to ensure both had a chance at winning, something the balanced teams are trying to do.
Yeah they were close the whole way through, players were changed around after each game etc, one team was using vent the other mumble. It was srs business of that there is no doubt.

Weeeeee
10.28.2012 , 11:16 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by MrExcell View Post
Hi guys, just started reading this thread and thought I had to fill you in as to The Bastion Imp side at least.
I am the Guild Leader of Sneaky Llama's and our core raiders are predominantly Oceanic players, and I can confirm there are many Aussies on our server other than just our guild. If anyone does decide to come across feel free to hit me up on Fobic . http://sneakyllamas.enjin.com
Hey man,

We've made a guild called <The Empire Down Under>. It's just ex Asia Pacific players. We would be happy to organize joint pvp or maybe even guild vs guild pvp with you guys sometime.
Chief
<Core OG>

Rank #1 PVP Guild of Bastion