Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

Antiskeptic
10.17.2012 , 06:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
From my experiments pop on the Harbringer is nearly double if not more than The Bastion
Mmm the best time to check this kind of thing would be during our prime time though if we really want to know what benefits the people of our server the most.
//

Spinikar
10.17.2012 , 09:06 PM | #22
Just a thought, but maybe sometime we could try and get as many GM's from Rep and Imp Guilds into a VOIP program and discuss some ideas in which we can get some Events happening. There are a lot of great ideas about different things we can do, such as open world PVP events, that will just take organization.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Sildanar
10.17.2012 , 09:23 PM | #23
Master Dar'Nala and some The Bastion pop info for
Wednesday 17/10/12

Analysis to follow, hope this is helpful..

7.45pm
Master D
Rep Fleet: 32 Imp Fleet: 60
Rep 50: 45 Imp 50: 100+
Corellia: 2 Corellia: 5
Hoth: 1 Hoth: 7

8pm
Master D
Rep Fleet: 34 Imp Fleet: 73
Rep 50: 53 Imp 50: 100+
Corellia: 1 Corellia: 3
Hoth: 1 Hoth: 5

9.16pm
Master D
Rep Fleet: 23 Imp Fleet: 65
Rep 50: 85 Imp 50: 100+
Corellia: 1 Corellia: 4
Hoth: 2 Hoth: 8

The Bastion
Rep Fleet: 32 imp Fleet: 54
Rep 50: 41 Imp 50: 85
Corellia: 2 Corellia: 4
Hoth: 4 Hoth: 4

10pm
Master D
Rep Fleet: 22 Imp Fleet: 40
Rep 50: 88 Imp 50: 100+
Corellia: 2 Corellia: 5
hoth: 2 Hoth: 1

The Bastion
Rep Fleet: 24 Imp Fleet: 50
Rep 50: 37 Imp 50: 71
Corellia: 3 Corellia: 4
Hoth: 6 Hoth: 7

11pm
Master D
Rep Fleet: 27 Imp Fleet: 44
Rep 50: 91 Imp 50: 100+
Corellia: 0 Corellia 2
Hoth: 3 Hoth 4

Rep 1-25: 34 imp 1-25: 57
Rep 26-49: 27 Imp 26-49: 35

The Bastion
Rep Fleet: 38 Imp Fleet: 39
Rep 50: 52 Imp 50: 59
Corellia: 2 Corellia: 2
Hoth: 6 Hoth: 7

Rep 1-25: 68 Imp 1-25: 88
Rep 26-49: 44 Imp 26-49: 74
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

cuttothechase
10.18.2012 , 01:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
I just rolled a test toon on the Harbringer... at 8am our time (yes I know ts early but days off FTW!) there was 75 on the starter planet!!!

I did a who (Imperial Fleet) and it was showing 2 instances >.< I searched a couple of warzones and all full of 50s!! Puts it in perspective how BAD our server is (population wise of course!)

My ping was pretty good, best Ive seen it on the US servers.

*edit* I might actually start playing an alt on The Harbringer because it looks like its got a HUGE population and looks like a pretty good community.
Alot of BOSS have rolled alts on Harbinger...i'm pretty close to doing the same. It's the most populated server so the chance of experiencing what's going on now is slight. And the worse that can happen is the mains get transfered later..... such is the state of Master D today that we had to organize all the sub 50s to queue their mains ..then we got a 50 pop..then went back to our subs. So we are reduced to actually organzing NORMAL warzones just to get a game.

Harbinger seems the best inspite of it being PvE, f2p will not save Master D...a merge will then only stave off the inevitable...the APAC servers will go...only a matter of time.
Nerd

Antiskeptic
10.18.2012 , 01:08 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cuttothechase View Post
Alot of BOSS have rolled alts on Harbinger...i'm pretty close to doing the same. It's the most populated server so the chance of experiencing what's going on now is slight. And the worse that can happen is the mains get transfered later..... such is the state of Master D today that we had to organize all the sub 50s to queue their mains ..then we got a 50 pop..then went back to our subs. So we are reduced to actually organzing NORMAL warzones just to get a game.

Harbinger seems the best inspite of it being PvE, f2p will not save Master D...a merge will then only stave off the inevitable...the APAC servers will go...only a matter of time.
I think if a merger happened soon that the servers would stay on. But if they wait for a few months after f2p launches then, yes, it will die completely.
//

Cheezfriend
10.18.2012 , 01:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cuttothechase View Post

Just found out a lot of people from BOSS have rolled alts on The Harbringer to play during non peak times... I was just on there before 7pm our time and there was still a second Fleet Instance up... unbelievable compared to our 30 on fleet!!!

I have been opposed to rerolling but insta cue pops (well close too ) and a VARIETY of people to play with and against is too much of a good thing to pass up on... Seriously thinking about shifting my ficus to playing on the Harbringer during NON PEAK and Master D during PEAK... UNTIL THEY FIX THIS SILLY SERVER! (lol sorry about CAPS but needed to make my point clear xD)

Also GRIZZY tells me the name <BOSS> is a hit with the Yanks lol... would be nice to see some Aussie "refugee" themed guild names tho

Im still going to campaign hard for a server merger for us.... F2P will be the Death of Master D... F2P doesnt offer anything much for end game players and ppl arent going to fork out money to play on a dead server.

<3 Chippy

narcsissism
10.18.2012 , 01:15 PM | #27
Ok i am overseas and what disturbs me is that bio where on the phone told me to try and hang on untill it becomes free to play as alot more of the asian comunity will join and the server pop should be corrected but i am in thailand and if i log into a us west server my ping is 225 and when i log in to any of the ocieana serveres it is between 186 and 365 so better and worse but never good enougth for some1 to chose a dying/dead server over 1 with a population.

The outher thing is bio where told me to keep writing ticketes and post on forums 2 posts where deleated by them and after sending the second in game ticket to ask for some sort of answer to the inabilety to play due to shift work on our dead server i was told that since i had alredy sent in a ticket on this and they had ansewered it (by the way the ansewer ws we do not have an answer at this time) the second reply was we will ban you if you send more tickets in as it clogs the people with reall issues so i have to ask is our server pop not an issue ? and since your telephone staff told me to contact you why did you threaten to ban me for asking a civiall qwestion ?if this is customer support i am misterfied can some one plese enlighten me to what i did to deserve this treatment if i did not actually love this game i would have alredy unsubed but since i actually do like it i have no itenshen of unsubing but i do want something done so that the game is abel to be played and not wait all day or night for a group i hardley think that is to much to ask from an mmo.

TrueNovaZero
10.18.2012 , 02:44 PM | #28
Hi guys just letting you know I'm keeping an eye on this and a few other threads. I'm from Gav Daragon, and can confirm that a sizeable chunk of our players have gone to Dalborra. Unfortunately on holiday so I can't give a current assessment and status report for another week. I can say that the republic guilds on Hav are, for the most part actively talking to each other so if you see our server forum relatively quiet, that would be why.

Keep talking - communication's always good.

cuttothechase
10.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrueNovaZero View Post
Hi guys just letting you know I'm keeping an eye on this and a few other threads. I'm from Gav Daragon, and can confirm that a sizeable chunk of our players have gone to Dalborra. Unfortunately on holiday so I can't give a current assessment and status report for another week. I can say that the republic guilds on Hav are, for the most part actively talking to each other so if you see our server forum relatively quiet, that would be why.

Keep talking - communication's always good.
Have they re-rolled characters or were they able to sweet talk themselves into a transfer?
Nerd

orpheus
10.18.2012 , 06:39 PM | #30
It really is a shame that a situation such as this has been forced upon ourselves to rectify. I am so keen to make an alt on The Harbinger. There is 50+ on the starter planets FFS....but starting over nearly a year later is killing me man

Bioware (the community team mostly) should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of communication on this issue and letting it get to this point. Your job title indicates to me that your responsibility is towards the Community, how about a little update on this? anything? something?