Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

Sildanar
10.17.2012 , 01:55 AM | #11
Indeed, for me the plan is IF we can get some sort of general consensus, we can structure the re-rolling in such a way that our leveling experience is a good one.
A couple of ways that can happen is with sufficient numbers re-rolling to the same server and even selected nights for the playing of these alts. If we can manage that it could well be a great experience. Though admitedly not ideal as stated in original post.

Keep the info coming, get the word out about this idea and lets see where it leads.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Vacarius
10.17.2012 , 01:57 AM | #12
As a mostly PvE guild with around 25-35 people on in prime time, we're (Nightmare Council) not as affected by the low population although it can get frustrating for those who do pvp. Some of us have rerolled alts on the bastion for pvp, and some (like me) would prefer to stay and wait for a merge.

We often run impromptue raids for the hell of it, so depending on what other guildies want to do we could help run casual raids on the imp side.

Personally, I think we're giving up on the server too quickly, there are multiple (slightly crazy) ideas we could try to keep the server going
  • Each midian core player recruits 7 pugs and makes a ranked team out of them
  • Midian players solo que
  • Duel nights! (The mercs will win)
  • 4v4s, 3v3s, 2v2s etc
  • Bounty hunting (a bit RP but might be fun)
  • New ranked teams (NC and Big Boys hopefully)

These are just some random ideas I came up with, so feel free to support/add/criticise them. That said, if you guys do choose to reroll we'll keep you posted if some of us decide to as well.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

randalthorr
10.17.2012 , 05:04 AM | #13
I am not very good at organizing or leading events. One fantastic idea though, like the poster mentioned above, is bounty hunting. Maybe we could run this over the weekends, nominate a bounty, who will then be available to hunt in the tattooine pvp zone. The bounty can hire protection from his guildies/friends by forming an operation/group, leaving the rest of the server to field their own ops/group to oppose. A bounty can have no more then 7 other bodyguards and any guildies that are not in the group can hunt this person as well.

Just throwing it out there. If anyone is keen to organize this, I'm willing to participate. We can actually do guild vs server, or alliance vs server type events if Bioware can give us a merger. Unfortunately, in our current server scenario, even a small scale event is most unlikely.

Ciraf previously tried organising such events a couple of times, but the response from our server was extremely poor. So, if in case someone does decide to spice things up in our server, via an event, please spread the word to the others on the server who do not spend time on the forums. I really want to see this server blossom.

FU Bioware.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Australia

Antiskeptic
10.17.2012 , 06:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post
Ciraf previously tried organising such events a couple of times, but the response from our server was extremely poor. So, if in case someone does decide to spice things up in our server, via an event, please spread the word to the others on the server who do not spend time on the forums. I really want to see this server blossom.

FU Bioware.
The hardest part is when you organise something, even if you do seek out people on both fleets, unless you have one person on each faction to organise the event, people wont turn up.

This has happened previously, I've spoken to guilds and they've said they'd show up but haven't.

So you really need people from both sides to take up the idea and organise it.
//

Cheezfriend
10.17.2012 , 02:43 PM | #15
Good post.

I have always been against rerolling but the thought has popped in my head recently. I havent played Chippy in nearly a week now due to the poor population.

I think the reality is nothing is going to happen to our server for the next few months. F2P model looks totally crap and is designed once you hit 50 to start forking out the money to play end game content and I just cant see people doing this with the current state of the game.

I would be willing, well I would give it a crack, to reroll. I am slightly in favour of US servers tho. Ward raised a good point with the Harbringer server. I would most likely want to go to the most populated server out of the Bastion and The Harbringer. I will sacrifice PING for population, especially a HUGE population.

I am a little hesitant to invest hours into a new character tho as our fate is still unknown. I would hate to level up to 50 and then all of a sudden they bring out paid transfers or merge the AU servers.

Antiskeptic
10.17.2012 , 03:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
I am a little hesitant to invest hours into a new character tho as our fate is still unknown. I would hate to level up to 50 and then all of a sudden they bring out paid transfers or merge the AU servers.
This is why my toon on the bastion is lvl 15, I only play it when I get really bored of our own servers and want some pvp. I don't want to rush to 50 to find out next week we have transfers. (Evidently next week is an extreme.) But I do think that investing time back into the APAC servers is probably the best way if we want to keep them alive.
//

Cheezfriend
10.17.2012 , 03:08 PM | #17
I just rolled a test toon on the Harbringer... at 8am our time (yes I know ts early but days off FTW!) there was 75 on the starter planet!!!

I did a who (Imperial Fleet) and it was showing 2 instances >.< I searched a couple of warzones and all full of 50s!! Puts it in perspective how BAD our server is (population wise of course!)

My ping was pretty good, best Ive seen it on the US servers.

*edit* I might actually start playing an alt on The Harbringer because it looks like its got a HUGE population and looks like a pretty good community.

Aztang
10.17.2012 , 04:07 PM | #18
Dalborra is the best option for everyone looking to re-roll

So many from both the PvP and RP server have already joined us a few people that joined our Guild who came from the PvP server about a month and a half ago have already finished 3 level 50's and that's with only playing prime times they do have job's.

It can be frustrating for people bringing up another toon but finding motivation through a different class/faction/storyline can help to make it more enjoyable.
Darth Plaguess The Mada Legacy
<Vice> The Harbinger

Antiskeptic
10.17.2012 , 04:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
I just rolled a test toon on the Harbringer... at 8am our time (yes I know ts early but days off FTW!) there was 75 on the starter planet!!!
haha 87 people on Dromund Kaas on the bastion right now at 9am our time.
//

Cheezfriend
10.17.2012 , 06:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ausmisc View Post
I know the Bastion is a PVP server, but if I were looking for population and longevity of SWTOR experience I'd be rolling on The Harbinger. Midian came from a PVE server and there was some damn tough competition on there.
From my experiments pop on the Harbringer is nearly double if not more than The Bastion