Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Lightsaber Forms- Makashi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Lightsaber Forms- Makashi

Beniboybling
10.17.2012 , 10:32 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Makashi can be aggressive in the way Ventress uses it, or more focused on finesse like how Count Dooku uses it. You can tell that both have their advantages.
Oh yes I forgot Ventress used Makashi, her style seems a lot more aggressive.

You should also do a single thread for Grievous's lightsaber style, where in Drallig's holocron does it talk about the twirling Catherine wheel of death move?

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 10:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh yes I forgot Ventress used Makashi, her style seems a lot more aggressive.

You should also do a single thread for Grievous's lightsaber style, where in Drallig's holocron does it talk about the twirling Catherine wheel of death move?
Unfortunately, Cin Drallig never had the chance to document the fighting style of General Grievous. I suspect he would have discussed General Grievous, or someone else would have, sometime after the war. Things didn't go as planned, apparently.

One of the reasons Ventress is able to do so well against Jedi is due to her use of Makashi. She has defeated Kit Fisto in battle with moderate difficulty, and he's a master of the Shii-Cho. But Shii-Cho is almost no match for Makashi.

EDIT: I do plan on discussing Grievous' fighting style in a later thread as he was a proficient user of the seven lightsaber forms.
Added Chapter 59 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
10.17.2012 , 10:41 AM | #23
EDIT: I do plan on discussing Grievous' fighting style in a later thread as he was a proficient user of the seven lightsaber forms.
I look forward to it!

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 10:49 AM | #24
I look forward to it!
It's going to be difficult because Grievous' fighting style is difficult to pin down. I think what I am going to do is have a thread discussing the Jedi who have mastered each of the Lightsaber forms. Sort of like a review. And Grievous would make it into that category as he is quite proficient in each form.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

fellblade
10.17.2012 , 12:03 PM | #25
Good thread

I somewhat disagree with the analysis of Makashi vs Soresu (Where I do think that Makashi has a distinct advantage) but seeing as this is an informative thread...... I'm not going to derail it with one of my usual long debates....
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

BrandonSM
10.17.2012 , 01:02 PM | #26
Sweet,

I love it. Dooku is awesome, a real swordsman of Makashi with real class.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Beniboybling
10.17.2012 , 01:08 PM | #27
It's going to be difficult because Grievous' fighting style is difficult to pin down. I think what I am going to do is have a thread discussing the Jedi who have mastered each of the Lightsaber forms. Sort of like a review. And Grievous would make it into that category as he is quite proficient in each form.
good idea, out of interest, what other force users mastered all lightsaber forms.

I know Yoda was one, perhaps Windu, Sidious?

Wolfninjajedi
10.17.2012 , 01:12 PM | #28
good idea, out of interest, what other force users mastered all lightsaber forms.

Yoda, Windu, Sidious, Cin, Luke, Kyle, Dooku, Tulak, , Kas'im all I can really remember off the top of my head. There aren't that very many swordmasters.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Khevar
10.17.2012 , 01:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by spencer_ View Post
... I've always enjoyed the notion of self defensing your opponent to death.
I feel bad hijacking this, but in my mind I heard you say this with Bob the Skull's voice:

"When you self-defensed him to death"
http://www.selmak.org/pages/ter/19/9.jpg

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 02:15 PM | #30

Speaking from a Prequels perspective, as that is when Cin Drallig made his recording, there are relatively few. Yoda, Mace Windu, Cin Drallig, Dooku, and Sidious are the only real saber masters during the Prequels. The rest devoted theselves to a specific form. Such as Plo Koon with Djem So, Kit Fisto with Shii-Cho and so on.