Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

web site Maintenance issue

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSabreth
10.16.2012 , 06:01 PM | #1
Hi i was wondering if an computer savy person could answer this question. When ever the servers are down the web site goes down as well and directs you to a Maintenance page indicating its down for maintenance.

But here is my issue:

When ever i go to the website if its down and get that mainenance page, i cant seem to get to the website when they do come back up it keeps directing me to that Maintenance page. i use MS IE but i knoticed that it also does it to mozilla fire fox as well.

Is there anything that i can do to limit that from happening? the only way i can get to the community page is googleing SWTOR and choosing a forums post and getting forcebly directed to the web page to bypass the maintenance page.

Any help would be wonderful.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Valethar
10.16.2012 , 06:14 PM | #2
You might need to check your cache settings. Some browsers will cache a page for faster loading the next time you access it. Some ISPs also do the same thing, which means they don't connect to the site every time you think you're going there.

This is a common tactic for some DSL and other 'high speed' ISPs that don't actually have the infrastructure to offer high speed access, yet charge you a premium for the illusion of said access. If you're certain you don't have pages being cached in your browser, you might want to check with your ISP to be sure they're not doing this.

I'm not sure how using a proxy would affect this. There could be several other reasons you're having this issue. A little more information on your setup would help folks diagnose this.

Browser and version
ISP
OS
Wired or wireless? What type of router, if any?
Physical location (IE: city/country)
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

LordMalic
10.16.2012 , 06:14 PM | #3
It works with firefox , but not Chrome and I am guessing not IE either. Both Chrome and IE show website is under maintence
X-RAIDED
Dravyn Ganderin Serpitina
SHADOWLANDS

DarthSabreth
10.16.2012 , 06:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
You might need to check your cache settings. Some browsers will cache a page for faster loading the next time you access it. Some ISPs also do the same thing, which means they don't connect to the site every time you think you're going there.

This is a common tactic for some DSL and other 'high speed' ISPs that don't actually have the infrastructure to offer high speed access, yet charge you a premium for the illusion of said access. If you're certain you don't have pages being cached in your browser, you might want to check with your ISP to be sure they're not doing this.

I'm not sure how using a proxy would affect this. There could be several other reasons you're having this issue. A little more information on your setup would help folks diagnose this.

Browser and version
ISP
OS
Wired or wireless? What type of router, if any?
Physical location (IE: city/country)
ty for the quick reply, is there a way to dump my browser cashe?

Bronholz
10.16.2012 , 06:19 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings DarthSabreth,

When hitting an incorrect maintenance page, hitting Ctrl + F5 should refresh the cache for this page and let you access the site again.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

DarthSabreth
10.16.2012 , 06:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings DarthSabreth,

When hitting an incorrect maintenance page, hitting Ctrl + F5 should refresh the cache for this page and let you access the site again.

Thanks.
Thank you so much, i honestly apreciate your help.