Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't get to Character Select

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-ThEoNe-
10.16.2012 , 05:53 PM | #1
Crashed after about 15 minutes in game, and now the game is getting hung up on the SWTOR screen that loads before the character select. It's not frozen, because the small icon in the bottom right hand corner is still spinning around.
Zakkait - 50 Vanguard
Aurion - 50 Sentinel
Kratos - 50 Guardian
Shunsui - 50 Shadow

Aunara
10.16.2012 , 06:39 PM | #2
I was playing ok for a while, then lost connection to the server (Ebon Hawk), since I have been unable to connect to server/get char screen. I was able to log into another server, though I don't have any chars on that second sever. The problem appears to be with Ebon Hawk.

I do get error 1005

Cerimon
10.16.2012 , 07:24 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings -ThEoNe-,

Are you on Ebon Hawk server also?

Please run the Fixlauncher.exe located in your game installation directory. This is located by default at:

32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

After running the Fixlauncher you should use the 'Repair' utility on the launcher.
To do this please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window.
This will open a settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the 'Repair' button.

If this does not resolve the problem download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing installation.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support