Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mousover on F2P vs. Sub Chart

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Mousover on F2P vs. Sub Chart

Bonezmccoy
10.16.2012 , 04:51 PM | #1
Looks like BioWare has a typo in one of their mouseover descriptors, but I'm sure somebody's going to NOT REALIZE ITS A MISTAKE and go bananas... You get the same mouseover message when hovering over the last item for both the F2P and Sub items at http://www.swtor.com/free/features. It says that both sub and f2p players won't be able to equip a lot of purples.

Clearly that's a mistake, so don't anyone panic... it's just a mistake in the message, not the mechanics.

Relax.

Your purples are fine.

Just a typo.

Breathe...
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Unless there are purples involved. Then it's totally OK.
- Excerpt from "The Jedi Code, SWTOR Edition"

Planar
10.16.2012 , 04:53 PM | #2
OMG OMG OMG YOU DONT KNOW THAT!!!

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

Awwwww EEEEE OMG OMG HELP!

The Veil of the Dark Side has fallen......

Can you imagine the pure Sith rage if this wasnt a typo, lol

Tatile
10.16.2012 , 04:58 PM | #3
It could be worse, they could have had a typo which swapped the content of the columns round. Free2Play gets full access; subscribe and get nothing!

Chiltonium
10.16.2012 , 05:04 PM | #4
MAH PURPS! *pant pant*

what about COMPANION PURPS?!

I NEED CLARIFICATION!

Wonder what will come first, server transfers, or fixing that typo. Bet neither one come soon :P
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Evensong
10.16.2012 , 05:07 PM | #5
Well Got to love typos like that make people run around waving their hands and all....
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Lithy
10.16.2012 , 05:07 PM | #6
It also says 'full access'. It has to be an error.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

Redat
10.16.2012 , 05:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bonezmccoy View Post
Looks like BioWare has a typo in one of their mouseover descriptors, but I'm sure somebody's going to NOT REALIZE ITS A MISTAKE and go bananas... You get the same mouseover message when hovering over the last item for both the F2P and Sub items at http://www.swtor.com/free/features. It says that both sub and f2p players won't be able to equip a lot of purples.

Clearly that's a mistake, so don't anyone panic... it's just a mistake in the message, not the mechanics.

Relax.

Your purples are fine.

Just a typo.

Breathe...
Sorry but they really are NOT the same......The FTP account have to buy a license, the subber has to buy "authorization" which is different.............Like you I hope its a typo, but I dont think so.

Andryah
10.16.2012 , 05:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evensong View Post
Well Got to love typos like that make people run around waving their hands and all....
LOL.. yeah.. it's always good for a free showing of chickens without heads running through the forum.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

Tmanarl
10.16.2012 , 05:32 PM | #9
You don't know it is a typo. It's obviously not a copy/paste issue as both columns say something different, and "authorization" is too long a word to accidentally type.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Maris: 60 Imperial Operative | Cinnagar: 60 Sith Sorcerer | Shiian: 60 Sith Juggernaut
Sevri: 60 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Rolorra: 60 Sith Marauder
Leelu: 60 Jedi Sage | Brénn: 60 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 60 Jedi Sentinal

TheSeer
10.16.2012 , 05:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Redat View Post
Sorry but they really are NOT the same......The FTP account have to buy a license, the subber has to buy "authorization" which is different.............Like you I hope its a typo, but I dont think so.
^
I noticed this too. It worries me, as I would be very angry, to be subbed and have to buy authorization with my cartel coin, for something I already earned and am paying for. I really do hope it just a mistake.