Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

See how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you can claim!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
See how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you can claim!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jacen_Starsolo
10.18.2012 , 08:28 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
F2P option = fancy trial period

No one realizes this still....
It's the Free to 15 we already have. Only Bioware must have not felt the Free to 15 got enough people to play the game so they had to change it. Sign the Free to 15 was a failure.

SupremeLegate
10.18.2012 , 08:29 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Yrkul View Post
Another problem lies in restricting the use of purple quality gear. This essentially turns SWTOR into a "Pay to Win" type of game. Again, a major differentiation between paying and non-paying players.
I remember reading, not sure where, that there was a typo on that part.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Sign the Free to 15 was a failure.
Or it could have indicated that more people would come in for the free part but would not continue once they had to pay, therefore they upped how far you can play for free with restrictions on content.

Jacen_Starsolo
10.18.2012 , 08:31 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
I remember reading, not sure where, that there was a typo on that part.
The page first said both free and subs had to pay to wear purple. The typo was the part that subs had to pay for purple gear.

SupremeLegate
10.18.2012 , 08:36 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
The page first said both free and subs had to pay to wear purple. The typo was the part that subs had to pay for purple gear.
Oh..ok, then. It does indicate that some purple gear will be usable by F2P, I think this is something that is going to have to be seen in practice to see what affect it has.

YoshiRaphElan
10.18.2012 , 08:39 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Me too! We must've subbed the same time.

Ahpoch
10.18.2012 , 09:57 PM | #206
2500. This should be the max since I subbed since day 1 and got the fancy box
Ma'ha'aa Stunn
Intergalactic Smuggler
Tatooine
Formally Apoc Bliss ~ Ahazi & Ahpoch Bliss ~ Bloodfin

Jacen_Starsolo
10.18.2012 , 11:45 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahpoch View Post
2500. This should be the max since I subbed since day 1 and got the fancy box
You must have gotten the free month for Legacy back in April where you had to have 1 level 50 or Legacy level 10 (I think) to earn a free month. And that 150 coins were not given to those who earned the free month. Basically Bioware is saying, "You sucked as a player and so we have to help you by giving you 150 more coins than the good players".

So you were too good to get the max 2650.

Laurreth
10.19.2012 , 02:03 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
F2P option = fancy trial period

No one realizes this still....
Except that in every interview anyone from Bioware gave about that topic, they were very up-front about that fact. They never tried to hide it, and it was very clear that it was the course they were going to try. It's not what many people would like to see, but they were never dishonest about it.

Yes, some of the restrictions are rather harsh (the 3 warzones/week limit is ridiculous, I'd much rather see 2 per day or so, but that might already be a cap that 90% of the players don't even reach), but that's only a numbers game that might well change. As it stands, that "fancy trial period" means you get to play one of the better RPGs, and if you fancy it, you get to participate in all content on an as-needed basis.

DJkras
10.19.2012 , 02:56 AM | #209
Actually that kinda sucks. Weren't we supposed to get 150 coins for every month we subscribed and yet I have only 1100. And that with the other things like digital etc. Or I'm mistaken.

ratty
10.19.2012 , 03:57 AM | #210
So, why is there so much variance.

I'm a CE owner subbed since launch. I pre-ordered the game and got in to early access.

Yet I only have 2650 CCs while others who are in the same position as me have 2700 CCs. Clearly the sums aren't adding up somewhere.

Also, why is it that DD edition owners had the opportunity to get an extra 250 CC for upgrading to a CE edition. Surely this must mean that a CE edition is actually worth 1250 CCs.

Who came up with this system of calculating who gets how many CCs because it seems a bit of a shambles.