Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

See how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you can claim!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
See how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you can claim!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KnutaML
10.18.2012 , 11:00 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce a new Cartel Coin Ledger page on www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. This new web page is located on the left hand navigation bar within the My Account section. It gives you a detailed list of all the Complimentary Cartel Coins you could potentially receive at the launch of the Free-to-Play option!

Read more
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/community/i...lies/smile.png

Mithros
10.18.2012 , 11:33 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by XXcroxphireXX View Post

Subscriber Reward: 200 Cartel Coins 200

Subscriber Reward: 150 Cartel Coins 150

Collector's Edition Purchase Reward: 1000
See, this is what I am wondering about... I was here for the early start, have been on a 6 month sub since launch, but I am only showing six months at 150 coins.

I would like to see someone official explain why some people are being given 150 extra coins for a month that other people, here from the very beginning, aren't getting credit for.
Mandatory referral link. Feel free to use it. It's free stuff.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

errant_knight
10.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
How cheap EA and Bioware are being, I see a lot of the items being one character only in their shop. Just the feeling I have from their recent actions with this game.
I doubt that Bioware has any real control of the money making end of things, except in passing.

theborch
10.18.2012 , 01:44 PM | #194
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

errant_knight
10.18.2012 , 03:16 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by DjStasis View Post
thats it... they killed this game...
Over react much? The arm muscle development in this fandom must be extreme, what with the constant flailing.

theborch
10.18.2012 , 03:30 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
Over react much? The arm muscle development in this fandom must be extreme, what with the constant flailing.
nice

+1,000,000 blandashar rubles
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

Profion_Xilus
10.18.2012 , 04:57 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
See, this is what I am wondering about... I was here for the early start, have been on a 6 month sub since launch, but I am only showing six months at 150 coins.

I would like to see someone official explain why some people are being given 150 extra coins for a month that other people, here from the very beginning, aren't getting credit for.
I also only show 6 x the 150 coins, looking at my account payment history I show no payment for May this was because back in April if you had a lvl 50 character you received a free month.
so if those that show 7 x 150 coins could confirm that they indeed paid for May.
cause this is the only thing I can see for the difference.
But thin that bring up why punish those you once rewarded?

Verbluten
10.18.2012 , 05:49 PM | #198
I get a big fat 0 so I'm not too concerned about any of this.

Yrkul
10.18.2012 , 06:08 PM | #199
Personally I found the information about how many CC I got rather uninteresting without knowing how much things are going to cost.

What worries me, though, is the stratification of the community that's going to happen. Some of the restrictions will have severe implications on the gameplay.

Limiting crew skills to one per character will reduce the amount of materials and crafted items relative to the amount of players on a server. That is, if existing players stay subscribed and the overall playerbase is, say..., doubled. If a large enough percentage of subscribers go over to F2P, the shortage will be even worse. Inflation ensues. People start going to external sources for the needed credits (Yo, dawg. We heard u liek gold spammers...).

Another problem lies in restricting the use of purple quality gear. This essentially turns SWTOR into a "Pay to Win" type of game. Again, a major differentiation between paying and non-paying players.

The purpose of the conversion to the F2P model was to attract new players and entice former subscribers back to the game. However, if the player base is seperated into "elite subscriber master race" and "dirty freeloading nerfherders", chances are that new players attracted by the F2P model aren't going to bother getting into the game.

The F2P model won't affect me much. I'll probably burn 1-2 cards a year, so I can see new content and polish off the rest of my alts' stories. I haven't seen much of the shop items, and none of it is needed. So... Coins? Meh.

Eillack
10.18.2012 , 06:45 PM | #200
F2P option = fancy trial period

No one realizes this still....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.