Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
10.17.2012 , 05:30 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylarr View Post
This is completely ridiculous. It's like saying a good football team should be putting in their second strings because they're dominating the division. If you cannot handle people who play competitively and to actually WIN then why are you doing ranked in the first place? Oh by the way your idea already exists it's called a regular warzone.
I'm talking about REGULAR WARZONES not RANKED WARZONES....

The whole point of my post was that Ranked PreMade fully geared teams are playing in the REGULAR warzones instead of Ranked Warzones so they can steam roll everyone, my suggestion was to add a PUG only option for warzones not allowing premades to join it (And NO I'm not talking about ranked warzones).... And NO it doesnt exist, you can still create a premade and join the regular warzones and stem roll everyone...

The problem is you have competitive PVP ONLY Guilds (usally on PvE or RP servers) who think it's fun to steam roll everyone in the REGULAR Warzones, given the majority of people pug warzones this is becomeing an issue, less and less people are even participating in warzones because of these Premades.. Why do you think people complain that it takes so long to get a warzone pop...

I'm not asking Bioware to change the whole PvP setup, just to put in a option that only allows PUG's to join and not Premades, you still have your Ranked Warzones for Premade teams....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Chlomamf's Avatar


Chlomamf
10.17.2012 , 05:34 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Amebia View Post
1.Stop farming recruits

2. Go back to Rated

3.You will find competition there.

4.Profit???
The main reason Premades do Normal Warzones is so they can own everyone unfairly and feel like pros,

Cuz in rateds they'd actually have to WORK to feel like pros.

abhaxus's Avatar


abhaxus
10.17.2012 , 06:27 PM | #73
The notion that people will never come back to PVP after being facerolled when they ding 50 is ridiculous. If you quit after getting facerolled, you didn't really want to PVP anyway. SWTOR is the first MMO I've played, I always get facerolled when I try a new alt, and I always keep coming back for more. My sorc is a fantastic healer, in full itemized WH gear that I grinded for before I ever joined a guild and played premades.

If you could L2P, you wouldn't whine about premades. You should be whining about the terribad pugs you are teamed with, except then you'd have to admit right now you're one of them.

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
10.17.2012 , 06:46 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Play with one hand!
Hahaha! Love this.

Actually went up against a 49 smash marauder twinked out (17k HP, 4k smashes, quit before game ended, saw this because I focused him every time) on my 48 12k HP Tactics vanguard yesterday and that was a really fun challenge. Only lost when hold the line wasn't up.

I imagine I'll be facing the same soon as I'm about to hit 50 on my vanguard, but I've never had any trouble gearing up my 4 other toons.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

DanteDeLaRocha's Avatar


DanteDeLaRocha
10.17.2012 , 07:18 PM | #75
Can we add the mention of "L2P" to mentioning Hitler and/or the Nazis in terms of automatically losing any argument?
The Cookiemonster Legacy, The Shadowlands

Eszi's Avatar


Eszi
10.17.2012 , 07:34 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
The main reason Premades do Normal Warzones is so they can own everyone unfairly and feel like pros,

Cuz in rateds they'd actually have to WORK to feel like pros.
Premades don't do ranked, because ranked queues usually take 1h or more

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
10.17.2012 , 07:39 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
First off, did I say RPers don't know how to PvP? No, Learn2read.

Second, what you said about getting owned by other premades proves my point even further: you decide to Premade on RP servers because you'd get totally trashed on a PvP Server, but on an RP server you'd get trashed less often, so thanks for that.

And you basically lost the entire argument when you mention you Premaded. No durr a Premader is gonna try defend themselves.
Wrong again peep. I decided to roll on an Rp server because I -like- Rp. I also happen to like PvP, and, and... wait for it... PvE *le gasp!* I took (and take) offense to your comment that the only reason a player like myself (Who enjoys having friends, grouping with said friends, and pvp'ing) would roll on an RP server is because they know they would get "owned" on a PvP server in a premade. Yet, it has nothing to do with why I rolled on an RP server, and thus is false.

Anyone wishing to "not get owned" by a premade, I would advise avoiding rolling on an RP server for that reason. You will still get owned, as RP-centric and PvP-capable are have nothing to do with each other.

I'd reply Learn2Debate, but I doubt it would help.

Chlomamf's Avatar


Chlomamf
10.17.2012 , 08:02 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Wrong again peep. I decided to roll on an Rp server because I -like- Rp. I also happen to like PvP, and, and... wait for it... PvE *le gasp!* I took (and take) offense to your comment that the only reason a player like myself (Who enjoys having friends, grouping with said friends, and pvp'ing) would roll on an RP server is because they know they would get "owned" on a PvP server in a premade. Yet, it has nothing to do with why I rolled on an RP server, and thus is false.

Anyone wishing to "not get owned" by a premade, I would advise avoiding rolling on an RP server for that reason. You will still get owned, as RP-centric and PvP-capable are have nothing to do with each other.

I'd reply Learn2Debate, but I doubt it would help.
I'm truly lolling at that 'Learn2Debate' remark, because I noticed you didn't argue with me saying you lost the entire argument when you mentioned you Premaded, because you know it's true. Hypocritmuch?

At any rate, lemme just get on with owning you once again:

1st. Did I say the only reason YOU choose a RP server is because you can own in Premades? No, I said you PREMADE in an RP Server cuz you know you can own. Again, Learn2Read.

2nd. Au contrier, it does matter what type of Server you play on as to how PvP will work. PvP Servers are always gonna be jam-packed with PvP pros (Obviously) therefor you will get owned alot. RP Servers have less PvP pros, therefor you won't get owned as much.

3rd. If you rolled an RP Server for the RP and PvE, but you 'like' to PvP, then why do you Premade? Premades are generally used by full-PvPers (that's why Premades are always made up of Full WH Geared players). So would you like to change your comment to: I 'like' to RP and PvE, but I 'Love' to PvP and Premade so as to own PUGs who want a fair game.

I look forward to seeing your next reply so I can own you once again.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
10.17.2012 , 08:25 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
I'm truly lolling at that 'Learn2Debate' remark, because I noticed you didn't argue with me saying you lost the entire argument when you mentioned you Premaded, because you know it's true. Hypocritmuch?

At any rate, lemme just get on with owning you once again:

1st. Did I say the only reason YOU choose a RP server is because you can own in Premades? No, I said you PREMADE in an RP Server cuz you know you can own. Again, Learn2Read.

2nd. Au contrier, it does matter what type of Server you play on as to how PvP will work. PvP Servers are always gonna be jam-packed with PvP pros (Obviously) therefor you will get owned alot. RP Servers have less PvP pros, therefor you won't get owned as much.

3rd. If you rolled an RP Server for the RP and PvE, but you 'like' to PvP, then why do you Premade? Premades are generally used by full-PvPers (that's why Premades are always made up of Full WH Geared players). So would you like to change your comment to: I 'like' to RP and PvE, but I 'Love' to PvP and Premade so as to own PUGs who want a fair game.

I look forward to seeing your next reply so I can own you once again.
*rolls eyes* I feel very owned at the moment. Your words of ownage make me shiver in my Pj's.

1. The reason someone on an RP server would "premade" is to play with friends. It really has nothing to do with winning or losing. There is a disconnect between the concept of what server you are on, and whether you premade. My premades typically include 3 of my friends, (class/spec/gear not even consider) teaming up with me, and queue'ing. Occassionally we do ranked (though that is not the topic of this thread) and take into consideration our party composition. However, to refute your point: We do not play premades on an RP server because as to not get owned on a PvP server. We rolled on an rp server (seperately mind you), we met, we became friends, and we now we play together.

2. No, PvP servers are not (obviously) packed with PvP pros. As someone else mentioned, PvP server's defining feature is non-consenual OWPvP. Many PvPers absolutely hate being bugged mid quest/daily. Many see PvP servers as nothing but gankfest and 12 year olds. Not that these are absolutes, but a PvP server does not equal Elite PvPers. It also attracts several suck-tastic players, who want to think they are elite. Your information here is false.

3. No, I rolled on an RP server to RP. I like PvE and PvP, and I do both in equal measure. Shocking as it may seem, I don't see the point in only playing half of the game, by choosing either PvE or PvP.

Premades are not always made up of full WH, Min-Maxed players. I've been with my friends from recruit on, and done just fine. We win (most of the time) because we're coordinated, decently skilled, and as gamers actually bother to ask ourselves "Why did we lose? What can we improve?" after a defeat.

Masarko's Avatar


Masarko
10.18.2012 , 12:06 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
*rolls eyes* I feel very owned at the moment. Your words of ownage make me shiver in my Pj's.

1. The reason someone on an RP server would "premade" is to play with friends. It really has nothing to do with winning or losing. There is a disconnect between the concept of what server you are on, and whether you premade. My premades typically include 3 of my friends, (class/spec/gear not even consider) teaming up with me, and queue'ing. Occassionally we do ranked (though that is not the topic of this thread) and take into consideration our party composition. However, to refute your point: We do not play premades on an RP server because as to not get owned on a PvP server. We rolled on an rp server (seperately mind you), we met, we became friends, and we now we play together.

2. No, PvP servers are not (obviously) packed with PvP pros. As someone else mentioned, PvP server's defining feature is non-consenual OWPvP. Many PvPers absolutely hate being bugged mid quest/daily. Many see PvP servers as nothing but gankfest and 12 year olds. Not that these are absolutes, but a PvP server does not equal Elite PvPers. It also attracts several suck-tastic players, who want to think they are elite. Your information here is false.

3. No, I rolled on an RP server to RP. I like PvE and PvP, and I do both in equal measure. Shocking as it may seem, I don't see the point in only playing half of the game, by choosing either PvE or PvP.

Premades are not always made up of full WH, Min-Maxed players. I've been with my friends from recruit on, and done just fine. We win (most of the time) because we're coordinated, decently skilled, and as gamers actually bother to ask ourselves "Why did we lose? What can we improve?" after a defeat.
I bet you spend more time in /say than actually PvPing
Iam Dog / Bishwhet
Passive Aggressive / Tilt Police