Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Thaladan
07.15.2017 , 06:26 AM | #7971
what a surprise, premades running 2 maras now as dps.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Aeneas_Falco
10.05.2017 , 06:38 AM | #7972
I don't mind premades generally. Sure they often mean a very boring curbstopping if you end up teamed with them, or a match where your team never had a chance if queued against them, but what can be done to prevent that? Even if regs were limited to solo queues players would cheat the system by syncing their queues and dropping same faction matches where they got split up.

The only time I find premades aggravating, and this includes when I'm on the same team, is when they engage in sore winning. Obnoxious taunts of the other team gets under my skin even if they're my teammates, particularly if the only reason that trash-talking premade hero is crushing the leaderboard is because he's got a pocket skank tank(s) guarding him, a pocket healer(s) topping him up, all on FOTM classes in full BiS, on voice chat, against a bunch of randoms from a variety of classes and gear levels.

Of course that sort of behavior isn't limited to premades, I just find it more obnoxious when its from a player (or players) who queued with large built in advantages that aren't tied to player skill.

Wimbleton
10.05.2017 , 07:44 AM | #7973
Wow, thanks man for that heartfelt and 100% valid post.

P.S.
IM SORRY U HAF NO FRENZ
The Harbinger
Imps: <Stop Resisting> Bleloch (Sorc heals), Ble (Merc heals), Beloch (Op heals)
Pubs: <Premades Ruin PvP> Friartuck (Sage heals), Baskit (Mando heals)
Plz buff Sorc! | Never Give Up! | Huttball Tightrope | Get'em All | The 9th Man

Aeneas_Falco
10.05.2017 , 08:09 AM | #7974
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
Wow, thanks man for that heartfelt and 100% valid post.

Nic

P.S.
IM SORRY U HAF NO FRENZ
I'm in guilds on both factions and do occasionally queue with other people for PVP, just not all the time. Why queue solo after all, if there are also people from your guild in the queue? I also run Ops and HM FPs with guildies, and group for heroics & dailies. That I occasionally queue with other people for PVP doesn't mean I can't recognize or admit that it is an advantage.

In any case my post was mostly about douchey behavior from some premades, not premades themselves.

Lundorff
10.07.2017 , 07:26 AM | #7975
Solo PVP certainly seems to be dead now. Between inexperienced players, bad gear, general unbalance and of course the now many actual premades, it would seem there is no longer any point to regular warzones. And having been away from regular for a while, it only seems to have gotten worse

It would be neat with "premade free day" every Sunday or Saturday.... if nothing else to test it.

yellow_
10.07.2017 , 11:43 AM | #7976
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
I don't mind premades generally. Sure they often mean a very boring curbstopping if you end up teamed with them, or a match where your team never had a chance if queued against them, but what can be done to prevent that? Even if regs were limited to solo queues players would cheat the system by syncing their queues and dropping same faction matches where they got split up.

The only time I find premades aggravating, and this includes when I'm on the same team, is when they engage in sore winning. Obnoxious taunts of the other team gets under my skin even if they're my teammates, particularly if the only reason that trash-talking premade hero is crushing the leaderboard is because he's got a pocket skank tank(s) guarding him, a pocket healer(s) topping him up, all on FOTM classes in full BiS, on voice chat, against a bunch of randoms from a variety of classes and gear levels.

Of course that sort of behavior isn't limited to premades, I just find it more obnoxious when its from a player (or players) who queued with large built in advantages that aren't tied to player skill.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Solo PVP certainly seems to be dead now. Between inexperienced players, bad gear, general unbalance and of course the now many actual premades, it would seem there is no longer any point to regular warzones. And having been away from regular for a while, it only seems to have gotten worse

It would be neat with "premade free day" every Sunday or Saturday.... if nothing else to test it.
can we please let this thread die
Doc
Sick Twisted Individuals

Wimbleton
10.07.2017 , 01:54 PM | #7977
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
can we please let this thread die
The single greatest thread in the history of this game?

Hardly.
The Harbinger
Imps: <Stop Resisting> Bleloch (Sorc heals), Ble (Merc heals), Beloch (Op heals)
Pubs: <Premades Ruin PvP> Friartuck (Sage heals), Baskit (Mando heals)
Plz buff Sorc! | Never Give Up! | Huttball Tightrope | Get'em All | The 9th Man

Draqsko
10.07.2017 , 06:05 PM | #7978
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
The single greatest thread in the history of this game?

Hardly.
My vote is for this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323501 as the greatest thread in SWTOR history.

DenariusJay
10.07.2017 , 06:15 PM | #7979
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
My vote is for this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323501 as the greatest thread in SWTOR history.
even more then this one? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=912514 (joking ofc)

I mean really... theirs more discussions about npcs then anything else in this game. and they say pvp players are the most vocal....
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Draqsko
10.07.2017 , 06:24 PM | #7980
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
even more then this one? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=912514 (joking ofc)

I mean really... theirs more discussions about npcs then anything else in this game. and they say pvp players are the most vocal....
I don't even really play Imp and I still want to punch him in the face, so yeah more than that one. Nothing like a backstabber to get my ire.