Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Opaknack
02.16.2017 , 09:46 AM | #7871
Premade teams ruins american football, hockey and soccer. And last but not least also curling and synchronized swimming.
So... lets forbid all team games and team sports...
Make soloplay great again.
Build a wall around all teams and let them pay for it.
/irony_off
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk"
VC T3M4 TRE Versuchung Carok aka Opahuso

Kawiki
02.16.2017 , 10:08 AM | #7872
Quote: Originally Posted by Opaknack View Post
Premade teams ruins american football, hockey and soccer. And last but not least also curling and synchronized swimming.
So... lets forbid all team games and team sports...
Make soloplay great again.
Build a wall around all teams and let them pay for it.
/irony_off
The better analogy is pitting the New England Patriots against a team of randomly selected players from all the other teams in the NFL and telling them to go play 1 minute from now. If you don't understand why the Pats would have a huge advantage and would almost certainly dominate I won't be able to help you.

PvP has always been about equal competition and should be ability based. When one team has a gear or coordination advantage (or both) it is bad for PvP.

zhradik
02.16.2017 , 10:43 AM | #7873
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
The better analogy is pitting the New England Patriots against a team of randomly selected players from all the other teams in the NFL and telling them to go play 1 minute from now. If you don't understand why the Pats would have a huge advantage and would almost certainly dominate I won't be able to help you.

PvP has always been about equal competition and should be ability based. When one team has a gear or coordination advantage (or both) it is bad for PvP.
This.

Premades must play only against premades
Shkert Mara
The Red Eclipse

Opaknack
02.16.2017 , 10:57 AM | #7874
Quote: Originally Posted by zhradik View Post
This.

Premades must play only against premades
It is easy to say "premades must play only against premades"
First of all you have to define premade.
Is every non solo player already a premade?
What about 3 new players in a group but without TS?
How should work the matchmaking with groups of 2, 3 and 4 players?
How would you combine the teams?
2+2+4 vs 3+3+2
4+4 vs 4+3+... oops!
4+2+2 vs 3+2+2+... d'oh!
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk"
VC T3M4 TRE Versuchung Carok aka Opahuso

Elusive_Thing
02.16.2017 , 11:54 AM | #7875
I play on two different servers. My activity is somewhat more focused on my so called home server, but a few times a week I log on to do PvP on the other. On my home server I queue, almost without exception, alone and on the other I am very rarely without a full group. Needless to say, on the latter my win rate is a fair deal better. But ignoring the home server, since it hardly pertains to the discussion at hand, I'd like to offer a few thoughts about the premade play on the latter server.

When I log in, I ask if there are any spots and most times I get invited to a group. This is literally how the premades in the guild are formed. There is no FOTM comps, there is no class stacking or anything of the sort. The only thing we actively avoid is queueing with more than one healer. Despite the lack of coordination, I like playing in these group, because over time I've become to consider the people there my friends. Between matches we share some banter and during matches we can trust everyone to do their part without explicitly going through any strategies.

So, I log in, ask for a spot, I get a group. If I don't, I solo queue a few until a spot opens. During this time, I don't really read the general chat, I don't post their, I exclusively talk in guild chat or in whispers. Yet, for some reason, this is apparently enough to make me an unhappy recipient of abuse and name-calling on a weekly basis.

I am surprised the bitter solo queuers haven't demolished regs yet.

Kawiki
02.16.2017 , 12:13 PM | #7876
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Yet, for some reason, this is apparently enough to make me an unhappy recipient of abuse and name-calling on a weekly basis.

I am surprised the bitter solo queuers haven't demolished regs yet.
So u mad bro because you get abuse for being in a premade but then go on to abuse the vast majority of people actually queuing for regs in your post? Smart.

Elusive_Thing
02.16.2017 , 01:13 PM | #7877
So u mad bro because you get abuse for being in a premade but then go on to abuse the vast majority of people actually queuing for regs in your post? Smart.
I don't actually mind the messages that much, I can just ignore them. Just strikes to me as odd that some of the people who are vocally whining about someone ruining the gaming experience are actively engaging in that very activity. I've got no complaints when I play solo, which is around half the matches. Hardly a surprise that the constant abuse can make the premades even more cloistered over time.

Totemdancer
02.16.2017 , 11:02 PM | #7878
Premades have been this way since launch and no amount of QQing in the last 5 years have made the Devs take notice or implement changes.
What makes you think they will all of a sudden do something now? Especially when the pvp populations have shrunk so much.
If they implemented a premade vs premade only reg policy now, the queue times would increase dramatically.
Solo players who couldn't form groups or prefer to play by themselves would actually be the most disadvantaged because it only takes 4 premades to make an 8 man match or 2 premades to make an arena.
As an example (not to scale), if you only have 15 imps on and 12 are in premades and there are 15 reps on and 12 are in premades, then those premades will get constant games. But those 3 solo imps and reps will be stuck waiting for games.
If there was ever a time for a premade vs premade only reg queue, it was back during launch or not long after. Any change to that now would have affects that some of you might not have considered.
Bioware are not going to change this policy after 5 years.

Stellarcrusade
02.17.2017 , 09:09 AM | #7879
Solution: Every player in a premade of 3 or 4 gets debuff of -15% to all stats. Premades of 2 get -10%. ;-)

Trews
02.17.2017 , 09:49 AM | #7880

Don't have a group of friends to coordinate with and run war zones? Then don't expect to win all the time against people who do. Put in some effort instead of whining. Everyone can get the same gear , and skype is free.