Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 02:48 PM | #731
Theres no demand for premade vs premade.

Theres a BIG demand for PUG vs PUG

I rest my case.

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
11.13.2012 , 02:51 PM | #732
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
More and more of these threads popping up... from people who are already commenting on this thread.

You people realize that when you win it's often because you have a pre-made on you side. I hate to generalize but I have a hard time believing that the majority of people asking for a solo bracket queue are above average players. I'd love to see some matches made from the people for it against the people against it. I know who I'm betting on.

And again... sorry for the generalization but I've noticed a lot of the same names in these threads are the same names that promoted the "sub 50 is more balanced and fun than post 50" threads. The 10-49 bracket is literally littered with horrible players so my generalization does have some validity... I'm sure it doesn't apply to all... but I'd bet it applies to most.

Anyone who says they want a PvP experience more like a sub 50 PvP experience is basically saying they want to play with more people who are simply bad at this game... ignore objectives, click, keyboard turn, no idea about rotations/priorities, etc. I play a lot of lowbie PvP since I just don't quest... like at all. I've made it to level 40 on my latest alt with almost no PvE. I've seen what's in there.. it's bad. And in case anyone forgot the relevance of this... most of you promoting this "easy mode" queue... are the same people that promoted the "sub 50 is more balanced" threads.

My suggestion is get better... and I'm sorry. But this is a team based game and getting better involves... well... a team. Those same pre-mades that you guys are frustrated about when you lose... are the same pre-mades that you love when you win. Sometimes they're on your team... sometimes they're not.

What I'm trying to say is... if you're complaining about this... it's probably NOT YOU that's changing the tide of your games. You're relying on your team to do the work for you... and I base this on you asking for the skill level to be brought DOWN. That's exactly what this is... you want the skill level lowered so your chances of winning increase. This is not something a capable player will ask for... so when many of us shut this idea down as nonsense. Maybe that will help you understand why. It's not an insult... just an observation.

Having a solo queue will not change much... only now it will be good players... instead of good teams. When I'm solo, I pretty much know whether it's a win or loss by the players on my team... pre-made or not. A guild name says it all... and whether they are in groups or solo... the skill level doesn't change. Skill runs in herds, as do bads. All I need to do is see a guild name above ONE players head and I know whether it's a good or bad thing.

Don't expect the game to increase your chances to win... it won't work. Do it yourself... take control of the situation and YOU increase your chances to win. Online games do NOT have difficulty setting... there is no easy mode.
I'm actually seeing less good premades these days. I actually dread seeing 4 people on my team from a few certain guilds. It's often autoloss when that happens. Other than that I've become a pro quitter these days. No communication = instant drop from warzone unless I invested too much time in the wz already. But you can tell within the first minute if your team is full of non English speaking people (shy perhaps?) doing their own race and not being team players. Maybe it's a European server thing though. If there is some banter and some familiar names at the start of the warzone you know it will be a pretty ok warzone experience. After all once you played the warzones a few hundred times you know the common tactics and the familiar names play style.

Also agreed, 10-49 PvP might be torture. I don't know how I will be able to stack 4k RWZ comms and 2,5k normal comms on my commando. People with no mods in their orange gear and so on is frustrating. Then you have the baddie calling everyone noobs when I as a healer got more damage than him and he is a marauder.

Other than that I guess it's time to find a new guild to run some premades. I'm just not lucky with guilds. My first one quit when they realized they aren't as good they thought. We lasted 10 RWZ then they quit and went to GW2 instead. If anything this game is in dire need of proper matchmaking and x-server queues. Both of which will never happen.

I guess I'll be seeing you in a few days since the community reps seems to have you on a watch list lol.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 03:04 PM | #733
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
I'm actually seeing less good premades these days.
This is so true.... there are a couple guilds I can not get away from some days. Sub 50 or post 50 these guys are just all around horrible. I've pretty much accepted the fact that when one of either of these guilds pre-mades are on my team it drops my chances to win by about 30%. And that's whether I'm in a pre-made or not. 3-4 people can only do so much against a competent team.

Quote:
I guess I'll be seeing you in a few days since the community reps seems to have you on a watch list lol.
Honestly... I'm surprised I'm allowed to post on here at all. I've been suspended so many times already. I don't really read the emails but they must be minor infractions and the points drop off after some time or something. Not sure but I think it's suspension # 5 or 6.

Isn't this game rated "Teen"? I don't think my jokes/metaphors have been THAT bad.

MerriwxOne's Avatar


MerriwxOne
11.13.2012 , 03:08 PM | #734
The one constant thing I see here, and in the WZ's are people calling others bad, terrible, suck, horrible, questioning their reasoning / strategy or basic logic a lot! I'm not innocent...I've done it myself, but lately I've decided to help instead of insult. Everyone has falling in love with the insult. It makes them sound important or powerful. It happens in every multi-player game console or PC.
In 10-49 WZ's you are going to have inexperienced players, because A. new character, B. lack of PvP(most PvE) experience, or C. first MMO + A & B. In terms of 50 PvP....if you combine A,B, n C from 10-49 and if they have not saved their comms to at least purchase 4-5 pcs of BM, then you will have fresh recruit geared players with less skill. Even a (so called) skilled player with 4-5 pcs of BM will get crushed 1v1, but a skilled player will never engage foolishly. So to any "NEW 50" or PvP'r out there. 1. Pick your battles, and understand you will probably not win 2.
The Grind to be "Elite" or have BiS slot is not meant to be easy, so don't expect to get there QUICKLY or without help(see #3) 3. Join a Guild that does PvP. It might not be one of the elite PvP guilds, but playing with a group(even not BiS geared) is better than PVPing solo(even if it 2 or 3) 4. STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE SAYING YOU SUCK! If you responded to every silly thing someone says(even tho it might be true), then just stop PvP'g now 5. Your going to lose WZ matches...get used to ....it will happen often, and again....if you can't handle losing....play another game or stop playing MMO's all together, because it happens in every game.

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 03:11 PM | #735
Theres still no real good reasons why premade runners wont give up objecting us PUGs getting a q of our own.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 03:11 PM | #736
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Theres no demand for premade vs premade.

Theres a BIG demand for PUG vs PUG

I rest my case.
LOL?

Maybe you didn't get the memo about the massive amounts of players who unsubbed when ranked war zones were delayed in 1.2 I think it was....

And your argument itself is loaded... there's no demand because... well.... WE HAVE IT ALREADY!

It's like saying there's no demand for water in the Atlantic Ocean.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 03:13 PM | #737
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Theres still no real good reasons why premade runners wont give up objecting us PUGs getting a q of our own.
We don't want to wait for longer queue times simply because you don't want to play a team based, online, multi-player game with other people.

I'm not the first one who has said it... you just choose to ignore it.

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 03:22 PM | #738
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
We don't want to wait for longer queue times simply because you don't want to play a team based, online, multi-player game with other people.

I'm not the first one who has said it... you just choose to ignore it.
Q time would be shorter with separated Q's, since more players would be PVPing. More and more ppl are quitting PVP due to the lack of balance with premade vs PUGs. Just search the forums and compare the posts that likes PVP as it is today compared with posts demanding for separation.

Your argument is thereby dead.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 03:30 PM | #739
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Q time would be shorter with separated Q's, since more players would be PVPing. More and more ppl are quitting PVP due to the lack of balance with premade vs PUGs. Just search the forums and compare the posts that likes PVP as it is today compared with posts demanding for separation.

Your argument is thereby dead.
Most people I know left PvP because of lack of competition.... not balance.

The other side of that argument is that you and players like you who lack effort and competitiveness are killing PvP populations.

It's all about perspective and I'm sure we're both right to some degree. My point is... this idea wouldn't help as much as you think. I've said it many times already but it would anger more than it would please. Just because you and your band of merry men scream louder than others in the forums... keep in mind the PvP forums are probably 5% or less of PvP'ers in game. Not only that... but I see more people disagreeing with these threads than agreeing. You and the ones who agree with you just post more and make more threads...

Making as much noise as many people does not actually make you equivalent to more people.

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 03:36 PM | #740
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Most people I know left PvP because of lack of competition.... not balance.

The other side of that argument is that you and players like you who lack effort and competitiveness are killing PvP populations.

It's all about perspective and I'm sure we're both right to some degree. My point is... this idea wouldn't help as much as you think. I've said it many times already but it would anger more than it would please. Just because you and your band of merry men scream louder than others in the forums... keep in mind the PvP forums are probably 5% or less of PvP'ers in game. Not only that... but I see more people disagreeing with these threads than agreeing. You and the ones who agree with you just post more and make more threads...

Making as much noise as many people does not actually make you equivalent to more people.
I hear no one igame that wants the Premade vs PUG situation, and theres only a few argueing for it on the forums, You are one of these few loudmouths. And I understand you dont want to go premade vs premade, rather want to stomp PUGs in a premade team, parhaps?

So we all see why you are demanding premade vs PUGs. It has nothing to do with Q time as you said, nor an other reason than you enjoy PUG stomping.

Myself I find it very boring being in a premade team since theres NO challange at all being surrounded by 24/7 powerhealers, I rather enjoy the randomness and challange with running PUG vs PUG.