Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Jadescythe
11.12.2012 , 05:00 PM | #701
I almost wish they would put in a solo queue so the people complaining about premades can see how bad they continue to perform. You'll notice that those times you got focused and thought it was some well oiled mammoth group taking you out was actually someone on the other side marking you as a healer and the people actually attacking you. Just because you are solo queuing and don't have access to a VOIP doesn't mean you can't play like a coordinated team. Stop leaving one person at a node when there is a call at the other one or worse leaving it undefended. A call of 3 should be answered by 3 people so you have 4v3 if no one is at your node. If you can see 5 people in front of you heading to defend, hang back. Play like a team, win like a team.
I have opinions and stuff

Darth-Rammstein
11.12.2012 , 05:04 PM | #702
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I almost wish they would put in a solo queue so the people complaining about premades can see how bad they continue to perform. You'll notice that those times you got focused and thought it was some well oiled mammoth group taking you out was actually someone on the other side marking you as a healer and the people actually attacking you. Just because you are solo queuing and don't have access to a VOIP doesn't mean you can't play like a coordinated team. Stop leaving one person at a node when there is a call at the other one or worse leaving it undefended. A call of 3 should be answered by 3 people so you have 4v3 if no one is at your node. If you can see 5 people in front of you heading to defend, hang back. Play like a team, win like a team.
The only time that ever happens in a pug is when you happen to get grouped with good players. Most of the time you get queued with lone wolfs that go off and do their own thing. Also one of the biggest downfalls of pugs is that almost no one wants to defend so either no one will stay and the enemy will cap it with no opposition or the guy guarding it won't even call inc or will be so badly geared they can't even 1v1.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

simplius
11.12.2012 , 05:23 PM | #703
[QUOTE=Doomsdaycomes;5399067]You obviously didn't read or comprehend what I was saying if that's what you got. I said I'd rather Swtor Die and be remembered as a good game, then have it live and be so easy that logging in rewards you.

"loggging in rewards you" ,yes that is a games basic function,,in can do that in several ways

good community(), good game play, supporting different playstyles,immersion,,

and the ability to do PVP against players with roughly same qualities is a must

if they put PUGs up against premades, then premades should have their rewards drastically cut,

since they are basically farming easy kills,,and if the kills arent easy, then group is not good

Zhaker
11.12.2012 , 05:25 PM | #704
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
The only time that ever happens in a pug is when you happen to get grouped with good players. Most of the time you get queued with lone wolfs that go off and do their own thing. Also one of the biggest downfalls of pugs is that almost no one wants to defend so either no one will stay and the enemy will cap it with no opposition or the guy guarding it won't even call inc or will be so badly geared they can't even 1v1.
This is what I'm trying to drive at here.

The BIGGEST problem is pugs doing random stupid ****, which is equivalent to *********** around in OPS. You think people want to play with people who do stupid ****. This is why we have guilds in the game, this is why we have premades in the game. They exist to eliminate this problem.

This whole premise of a thread is about how OP a premade is, but a PuG can put the sword to the Premade if they work as a well oiled team and win. But noooooooooo, its OP nerf premade because they're just to farm pugs. Well no **** they're going to farm pugs because their stupid like sheep. If the sheep pug becomes wolves then that premade is going to have a fight on their hands and can lose, but nooooo.

The only real complaint thats valid is the resolve system, and the Bubbles (yes I play a Sith Sorc and think its OP, but the real problem again is the resolve system that people have pointed out, not sure what BW was trying to do, but I guess this was one way to shut down the healers which woulda been nice but the problem there is 95% of DPS cant DPS for **** ).

simplius
11.12.2012 , 05:35 PM | #705
yes a good PUG CAN destroy a premade,,about 2 times out of 100

mostly because premades get in grinding mode

consider it like a heroic,,the bigger the challenge, the bigger rewards

so putting PUGs against premades is a no-no in PVP UNLESS they tweak gameplay or rewards

Nassik
11.12.2012 , 05:51 PM | #706
On Begeren Colony, it's Rep pre-mades that I keep running into. It's a dark day for the Empire.

Once I see Cupcake and Hypathia on the same team, I know we're likely boned.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

Zhaker
11.12.2012 , 06:01 PM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post
yes a good PUG CAN destroy a premade,,about 2 times out of 100

mostly because premades get in grinding mode

consider it like a heroic,,the bigger the challenge, the bigger rewards

so putting PUGs against premades is a no-no in PVP UNLESS they tweak gameplay or rewards
So satisfaction of being able to beat a premade with a pug isnt good enough?

Ok, so any cosmetic rewards and titles isnt bad, but anything more is overkill.

Not only that if its a PuG full of the same guild does that mean the same reward too? I'm not sure how this would work properly.

Doomsdaycomes
11.12.2012 , 06:19 PM | #708
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post
"loggging in rewards you" ,yes that is a games basic function,,in can do that in several ways

good community(), good game play, supporting different playstyles,immersion,,

and the ability to do PVP against players with roughly same qualities is a must

if they put PUGs up against premades, then premades should have their rewards drastically cut,

since they are basically farming easy kills,,and if the kills arent easy, then group is not good
I think it would be pretty hard to missunderstood what was meant by "Logging in rewards you."

But because I feel long winded I'll have a go any way.

First it's split Premade and PuG's... then when the "majority" continue to lose...
Then it's split WH from recruit... then when the majority continue to lose...
Then it's remove augments... then when the majority lose...
Nerf Operatives...
Nerf Sorcs...
Turn the weekly from wins to matches
Reduce the weekly to 3 games...
Make comm rewards the same for win or lose...
Ah hell... Just give them gear for click on the PvP daily box!

Do you see what I'm saying?

Also, for your other statement... Again, people have no control over their opponents. Nerfing Premades rewards because there wasn't another premade in the queue (matchmaking would put them up against them if it was implemented properly) is kinda like going down to a local game shop for a game day, winning, and then the gameshop decides not to give you the $20 bucks store credit that it had offered "Cause your opponents suck." It's not the premade's fault their opponents sucked.

Doomsdaycomes
11.12.2012 , 06:20 PM | #709
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
On Begeren Colony, it's Rep pre-mades that I keep running into. It's a dark day for the Empire.

Once I see Cupcake and Hypathia on the same team, I know we're likely boned.
>.< Hey i run with Hiyapathia. I'm Mal-ori rep side and Sierrah/Alexisia imp side.

foxmob
11.12.2012 , 06:34 PM | #710
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
<.< I think you missed the point. People are calling for a seperate Queue because... because... (wait for it...) ... TEAMWORK IS HARD! If they took half the effort they put into whinning about Premades and -actually- tried to play as a team with a few friends, their world would be blown..
I don't think that's what the core complaint is. I think the core problem is that the best players queue together. so they stack the odds in their favor from the start - doesn't matter if they're playing pugs or premades. a solo-only queue would fix that problem. any grping would be random and, therefore, nobody could purposefully push the odds in their favor. and tbh, I don't have a problem with solo queues from that perspective.

in fact, I say just do it, and the issue becomes a non-issue. either reg premades become the barren wasteland that rateds are...or they don't. that's in the hands of the players. BW did a horrible job with rated, but at the end of the day, the queues are empty because ppl choose not to play. the option is there.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.