Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
01.10.2014 , 11:23 AM | #6901
I agree that most pugs are not very good. New 55s, players just trying out pvp, casual players, just always bad players, etc. That IS the reason premade matching is needed. I don't understand the premaders who frequently pugstomp since that seems boring but I don't blame them either. These premaders choose their team however, and even if they don't choose very well they are likely all better than the worst 4 pugs in most matches .

I have no hopes of most matches being even. I would just like more that win or lose at least come down to the wire. If cross server is off the table (which it appears to be according to BW) then people saying that we can't separate the q's any further are correct. However, matchmaking would not separate the q's any further. It would just try for several minutes to put premades on both teams if there was more than 1 premade q'n within a several minute window. If there was only 1 q'n then after several minutes they would be treated as they are now.

Also, a simple system like this could be based on an hourly q average or time of day so that it turns itself off when there aren't many people q'n and then the several minute wait would disappear.

I think this would bring at least more even matches. I'm not sure how many more but it would help somewhat.

Also, if we can't do cross server I really think we should have mixed faction teams. This would kill q synching for one but also it would alleviate the problems many servers are having with 1 faction being way stronger than the other. Make mixed faction matches all be some training or hutt sport and there you go lore wise.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
01.10.2014 , 11:30 AM | #6902
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Well you simply said you didn't agree that pugs are fight mindlessly and are incapable of the simplest of tasks in warzones.

Since you really didn't give any real rebuttal or anything to back why you disagreed I could only assume that you thought that they all were capable of that since if you disagree with something than your opinion on any matter must reflect the opposite of what was stated in an argument.
I Think the main point people seem to forget is 4 man groups are actually part of unranked warzones. I would understand the point people are making if it was 8 man premades but its not. It's half a premade so its a compromise for both parties.

The second thing people overlook is often there are lopsided matches because solo que players leave the game until they find a team that can carry them, therefore I doubt that splitting the queues will change anything at all, because they will still do that anyway as soon as the game doesn't go their way.

What annoys me is people think unranked is exclusive for solo players - it's not and never has been and this is part of the problem with the whole argument. The way it is now is a compromise - any number from 1-4 can queue and play, forcing those players into ranked or groups only because of super premade VoIP teams is misguided and dumb. How common is this really? Is it really that there are lots of highly skilled premades? Or is it that there are a lot of bad players who can't grasp the basics? I tend to think the latter over the former but I don't deny that premades exist, I just think this whole issue is blown way out of proportion.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.10.2014 , 11:47 AM | #6903
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
I agree that most pugs are not very good. New 55s, players just trying out pvp, casual players, just always bad players, etc. That IS the reason premade matching is needed. I don't understand the premaders who frequently pugstomp since that seems boring but I don't blame them either. These premaders choose their team however, and even if they don't choose very well they are likely all better than the worst 4 pugs in most matches .

I have no hopes of most matches being even. I would just like more that win or lose at least come down to the wire. If cross server is off the table (which it appears to be according to BW) then people saying that we can't separate the q's any further are correct. However, matchmaking would not separate the q's any further. It would just try for several minutes to put premades on both teams if there was more than 1 premade q'n within a several minute window. If there was only 1 q'n then after several minutes they would be treated as they are now.

Also, a simple system like this could be based on an hourly q average or time of day so that it turns itself off when there aren't many people q'n and then the several minute wait would disappear.

I think this would bring at least more even matches. I'm not sure how many more but it would help somewhat.

Also, if we can't do cross server I really think we should have mixed faction teams. This would kill q synching for one but also it would alleviate the problems many servers are having with 1 faction being way stronger than the other. Make mixed faction matches all be some training or hutt sport and there you go lore wise.
I don't think mixed faction will ever happen but I do agree that a rock solid matchmaking is needed. Something where it tries to it's best to pit premades on either side of the fight because splitting the queues can simply not happen at this stage in the game and honestly I don't think it will solve anything as you're still going to get lopsided matches in both queues given how wide of a skill gap there is in this game. You get lopsided matches in all queue types lowbies, regs regardless of premades or pugs and in ranked.

The only thing, the ONLY thing they can really do is implement any form of a working matchmaking system. Whether it takes into account a hidden player rating or groups something should be done.

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.10.2014 , 11:58 AM | #6904
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
I would just like more that win or lose at least come down to the wire.
That is what I would like to see. Some sort of match making as you suggest would be helpful. Having more and varied objectives in warzones are needed. More attention needs to be paid to balancing also.
The premade vs pugs dichotomy is false. Most players I am familiar with both premade and pug. So are they good when they premade and bad when they pug?
The issue is a premade filter being applied prior to random selection to one side and not the other. That filter is most often designed to keep out less geared, less skilled and less cooperative players and to select better players and synergistic classes. (of course this isn't always true, all premades are not created equal). In addition, the premade most often has VOIP and experience playing together and peer pressure to cooperate unlike the randomly just selected pug team. This is inherently unfair and a lopsided match is a frequent result.
Characterizing premades as skilled or evil, and pugs as bads or antisocial and QQers does nothing to resolve the issue.

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
01.10.2014 , 12:44 PM | #6905
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
It seems even premades don't want to face premades when they could be easy mode pug farming.
This is what it all boils down to. The premades don't want to face the potential of losing when they could instead just faceroll randoms in unranked.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
01.10.2014 , 03:28 PM | #6906
Such ignorance.....
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
01.10.2014 , 03:40 PM | #6907
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
This is what it all boils down to. The premades don't want to face the potential of losing when they could instead just faceroll randoms in unranked.
You guys need fresh material, and maybe some fresh air. Starting to sound like whacked-out cult members who only speak with rhetoric.

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
01.10.2014 , 04:28 PM | #6908
messed up editing, ignore

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
01.10.2014 , 04:30 PM | #6909
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
This is what it all boils down to. The premades don't want to face the potential of losing when they could instead just faceroll randoms in unranked.
has a signature about how he fights unfairly, complains when people group together to get an advantage.....lol


wait a minute, do you mean we have transcended gaming and gone straight into politics?

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
01.10.2014 , 05:03 PM | #6910
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
has a signature about how he fights unfairly, complains when people group together to get an advantage.....lol


wait a minute, do you mean we have transcended gaming and gone straight into politics?
his sig could be satirically making fun of sins.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box