Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Jadescythe
01.09.2014 , 08:46 AM | #6881
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
I break down why blizzard change was needed Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. There cross server was ment to be solo random. Ours is ment for groups play see the difference. They did it because a addon made a premade every time. We have no addon or cross server they do. A addon making a premade across all server is a hugh problem.
I agree. If BW was allowing groups to queue a team of 8 against 8 random people, it would be a problem. 4 people queuing together isn't an issue, it's a fair balance between allowing people to group for enjoyment, without giving a huge coordinated advantage.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

anwg
01.09.2014 , 09:22 AM | #6882
Quote: Originally Posted by VIZIOO View Post
That's besides the point. Is not about technology, but categories. Why put a full gear and experience pvp player agains a pug whose trying pvp for the first time. And if I was in a premade group I wouldn't even bother to against a newbie. This game is very modern. It should had the ability to identify premate group and place then in same category as such. But hey, technology as made it possible for you to group with friends and win at pvp...without it you'll be at the basement.
What makes you think all premades are all fully geared and all PUGs are badly geared and PvPing for the first time?

VIZIOO
01.09.2014 , 05:54 PM | #6883
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
Best thread of the entire SWTOR community, everything else is pure nonsense. Now here is something a lot of ppl been talking about: You would get same or better results with pve gear than with full pvp. I tested the theory myself, against premades, pugs, premades v. premades, pugs v. pugs, and the results where the same. I would say 8 - 10 pve gear gave me better results in term of medals, points, and overall standing, than when I play in full pvp gear...why is that? is beyond me

StaticSilence
01.09.2014 , 08:20 PM | #6884
If this topic hits 1000 pages I wonder if the server will meltdown? I'm sure the premade qq'ers will get it there.
-- Guild: Gentlemen Gankers / Server: The Bastion --
Vickers, gunslinger | Deadlyburrito, vanguard | Staticsilence, commando
-- The Speyside Legacy --
"Once more, unto the breach."

DarthRaika
01.09.2014 , 09:58 PM | #6885
It really makes me sad to see that mmo players in America don't see the advantage that the choice premades have brings. I wish mmos were more accepted in public and that average people who like competition played mmos more often. IRL it is rare to find people playing sports that want to "pugstomp" constantly. Decent people want to win but they want close games.

Lotharofxev
01.09.2014 , 10:26 PM | #6886
Quote:
It really makes me sad to see that mmo players in America don't see the advantage that the choice premades have brings. I wish mmos were more accepted in public and that average people who like competition played mmos more often. IRL it is rare to find people playing sports that want to "pugstomp" constantly. Decent people want to win but they want close games.
While Pre-mades are a "choice", they are not always an option for players. Furthermore, what with voice communication etc., your are actually penalized if you DON'T queue premade.

MMOs are accepted, as are video games. Our fat society is prima facie evidence of that. You don't like it? Go play something else.

People want to WIN. Maybe you want to be the victim, but second place is the first loser.

You don't win by having fun - you have fun by winning.

kodrac
01.09.2014 , 10:31 PM | #6887
While coming up against a premade can be frustrating at times, it not that big of a deal. God forbid people want to play a game together. Just exit the queue and wait 5 mins or so to get into a different rotation.

Draekos
01.09.2014 , 10:33 PM | #6888
Quote: Originally Posted by Lotharofxev View Post
While Pre-mades are a "choice", they are not always an option for players. Furthermore, what with voice communication etc., your are actually penalized if you DON'T queue premade.

MMOs are accepted, as are video games. Our fat society is prima facie evidence of that. You don't like it? Go play something else.

People want to WIN. Maybe you want to be the victim, but second place is the first loser.

You don't win by having fun - you have fun by winning.
Posts like this make me wonder if no one plays teams sports while growing up anymore.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

DarthRaika
01.09.2014 , 10:58 PM | #6889
Quote: Originally Posted by Draekos View Post
Posts like this make me wonder if no one plays teams sports while growing up anymore.
QFT. I play for fun. I have worked damn hard irl and have actually won irl. I am still a nerd who loves Star Wars and I play for fun. I am a very competitive person both in game and irl but that does not mean I want sure wins. Successful competitive people do not want to compete against people obviously weaker than them. We want COMPETITION. That is how we improve ourselves and become more successful. People who love advantages and want to pugstomp make me sad.

cycao
01.10.2014 , 07:10 AM | #6890
Quote: Originally Posted by Draekos View Post
What does playing sports when you were growing up have anything to do with playing in a group in a video game?