Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

anwg's Avatar


anwg
12.16.2013 , 11:16 AM | #6791
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
SO roll a healer and suddenly your pug team becomes an unstoppable pvp-machine because they have an awesome healer - yourself.
Or will you now make a totally comical argument that healers are premade exclusive? Stop being bad both at pvp (obviously you keep getting rolled over) and at this discussion.
I'm pretty sure any team with Uncelsam will lose, even if it has a 7 man pre-made.

Larius's Avatar


Larius
12.16.2013 , 05:45 PM | #6792
No matter how hard premade roflstomp pug fanbois try, you will not bump this thread off the front page

vennian's Avatar


vennian
12.16.2013 , 06:39 PM | #6793
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
I'm pretty sure any team with Uncelsam will lose, even if it has a 7 man pre-made.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Some of the best players I've seen run solo, due to acknowledging running with a premade in unranked takes less skill.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
12.16.2013 , 06:48 PM | #6794
Quote: Originally Posted by vennian View Post
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Some of the best players I've seen run solo, due to acknowledging running with a premade in unranked takes less skill.
Heres what I'm fairly certain of. Good players really don't complain about much outside the ones who are devoted to bringing their main class up to a level that they know it's not on. They don't make a mess of posts about wanting nerfs or the removal of groups in an MMO. I solo as often as I group if not more and I don't feel the need to take to the forums every time something in this game doesn't go my way.

And the argument that the best players run solo and that people who run in groups are less skill is idiotic. There are good pugs and terrible pugs as well as good groups and terrible groups. The team with more good players will almost always win.

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
12.16.2013 , 07:31 PM | #6795
Quote: Originally Posted by vennian View Post
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Some of the best players I've seen run solo, due to acknowledging running with a premade in unranked takes less skill.
I have never seen a lone-wolf player be competitive outside lowbies. You can't learn much on your own.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

SilverWF's Avatar


SilverWF
12.17.2013 , 12:24 AM | #6796
Premades - for noobs! True warriors fighting solo!

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
12.17.2013 , 12:48 AM | #6797
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
The team with more good players will almost always win.
Exactly. If everyone was queuing solo randomly, an average player should win 50%. Even a bad player should be able to win almost 40%.

But this isn't really what happens. An average solo queue player wins far less than 50% of their matches, while premades win far more. You can chalk it up to "good players", skill, voice comm, pre-selection of classes, or an act of the Gods, that's besides the point. What matters it that it makes for lopsided matches, one sided pvp, lots of frustrated players, and eventually people move on.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
12.17.2013 , 01:05 AM | #6798
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Exactly. If everyone was queuing solo randomly, an average player should win 50%. Even a bad player should be able to win almost 40%.

But this isn't really what happens. An average solo queue player wins far less than 50% of their matches, while premades win far more. You can chalk it up to "good players", skill, voice comm, pre-selection of classes, or an act of the Gods, that's besides the point. What matters it that it makes for lopsided matches, one sided pvp, lots of frustrated players, and eventually people move on.
Bad players tend to lose more often - because they are bad players. How is everyone queing randomly going to mean that you get a 50 50 win ratio?

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
12.17.2013 , 02:08 AM | #6799
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
Bad players tend to lose more often - because they are bad players. How is everyone queing randomly going to mean that you get a 50 50 win ratio?
I guessing that he means that they will be carried to victory half the time by the better players.

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
12.17.2013 , 03:01 AM | #6800
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
Bad players tend to lose more often - because they are bad players. How is everyone queing randomly going to mean that you get a 50 50 win ratio?
The post does not state that "everyone" will have a 50% win ratio. It states that an average player will. It clearly states that a bad player will have a lower win ratio, (and conversely, a good player a higher win ratio). So I am not sure of the rational for your question.