Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

SajPl's Avatar


SajPl
12.14.2013 , 08:07 AM | #6761
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Yet an other lil kid who cant read and understand....sigh

Premades has HEALERS that most PUG teams hasnt. If you have HEALERS youll prolly WIN if the opponent lacks HEALERS. IF you WIN you get REWARDS as good GEAR. If you WIN multiple times your GEAR will be very GOOD. If you have a whole TEAM that does this theyll all be very GOOD. If this team forms a PREMADE team theyll be kicking *** vs PUGs who cant compete at all vs the PREMADE team.

Understand now? Good. move on,.
SO roll a healer and suddenly your pug team becomes an unstoppable pvp-machine because they have an awesome healer - yourself.
Or will you now make a totally comical argument that healers are premade exclusive? Stop being bad both at pvp (obviously you keep getting rolled over) and at this discussion.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
12.14.2013 , 08:27 AM | #6762
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
I know its hard for you to understand Plogreen. U have to finish University first to understand complicated reasoning.
I guess you are still at the application stage then.

SilverWF's Avatar


SilverWF
12.14.2013 , 09:13 AM | #6763
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
You wished to have a solo only queue and BW gave you one.
This is lie
If you queue as solo there is no guarantees that your enemies will be only solo too - they can be solo and group too
It happens in notranked also as in ranked queues.

Most of time I see at least 5-6 players from Dog'Z guild at the same WZ - random from solo-Q?
Some days ago I've met with 3 players from Pycb guild (shadow tank, sage healer and sent-dps) at ranked arena - random from solo-Q?

That's why I've made this suggestion:
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverWF View Post
What BW need to do and it will be very-very simple:

1. Add check-button in the WZ queue window. "Play vs soloers only" - this button will works only if player queued as solo. If checked, solo player will never met with (ally or enemy) players, queued as group

or

2. Just separate group players and solo-players. If you queued as solo, so your allies and enemies will be solo too. If you queued as group, so your allies and enemies will be from group queue too


I don't care about raised queue time for group players: if you wanna WZ happens more often, so queue as solo, period. If you wanna solid allies and enemies, so queue as group and wait, until it happens
And from your posts I see what I was completely right in this.

Arkerus's Avatar


Arkerus
12.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #6764
I still completely support a solo queue (aka cannot play against premades) and I seriously hope we see it...someday.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.14.2013 , 10:37 AM | #6765
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverWF View Post
This is lie
If you queue as solo there is no guarantees that your enemies will be only solo too - they can be solo and group too
It happens in notranked also as in ranked queues.

Most of time I see at least 5-6 players from Dog'Z guild at the same WZ - random from solo-Q?
Some days ago I've met with 3 players from Pycb guild (shadow tank, sage healer and sent-dps) at ranked arena - random from solo-Q?

That's why I've made this suggestion:


And from your posts I see what I was completely right in this.
Maybe on the empty server you're playing on. I have NEVER seen q-syncing in POT5 ranked. It's also random if you get put together, you know, since there are 2 teams in arena and you could be put on either one...
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.14.2013 , 10:40 AM | #6766
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
5 stars for this post.

It has identification of the problem, identification of the troublemakers, and a constructive solution.

Brilliant job!

With the current situ this game won survive the competion of ESO. If I could chose we should have a pvp balance to face the competion of ESO so we can keep enjoying BOTH games (ESO and SWTOR) in the future.
This is proof that you read nothing anyone posts.

We've told you 100,000 times in this thread that premades aren't the problem, only good players are the problem. Yet you keep throwing solutions at ths problem that don't resolve the issue. Group v Group will still be lopsided when bad groups face good ones. Solo v Solo will still be a lopsided when bad solos face good solos.

Is this so hard to understand? And based on what I've seen and heard of ESO, I don't think it will be a major factor for any game out with the exception of the RP player base and those who would like to play Skyrim with other people.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

olcraft's Avatar


olcraft
12.14.2013 , 10:43 AM | #6767
To be honest, all these whinings about premades would quiet down if Bioware put some efforts into pvp matchmaking system to distribute number of tanks and healers evenly like solo ranked queue. 1 pub team having 3 healers while the other pub team having none is what makes reg pvp so painful. Pubs against Imps imbalance? understandable. Pubs don't roll many healers anyway. But having unequal number of tanks or healers when it is pubs vs pubs? Unacceptable.
I PVP ONLY FOR VENGEANCE.

Conibhar

LVL 55 Vigilance Guardian

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
12.14.2013 , 10:55 AM | #6768
Quote: Originally Posted by olcraft View Post
To be honest, all these whinings about premades would quiet down if Bioware put some efforts into pvp matchmaking system to distribute number of tanks and healers evenly like solo ranked queue. 1 pub team having 3 healers while the other pub team having none is what makes reg pvp so painful. Pubs against Imps imbalance? understandable. Pubs don't roll many healers anyway. But having unequal number of tanks or healers when it is pubs vs pubs? Unacceptable.
/agreed

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
12.14.2013 , 12:55 PM | #6769
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Maybe on the empty server you're playing on. I have NEVER seen q-syncing in POT5 ranked. It's also random if you get put together, you know, since there are 2 teams in arena and you could be put on either one...
Q syncing ranked is actually easy on the pub side. I did it for a few matches with a friend in preseason to see if it was doable. We won but it was just preseason and it wasn't that bad since he was 26k and I was in full partisan gear on that char. It is easy to do if you are on the low pop faction because there won't be many q'n. It may not work every time (it did for us though haha) but it works a lot.

I never tried it on my imps but I would assume it would be much more difficult. However, worst case, you get to fight your friend and that would be fun as well.

All I want is matchmaking (not split Q's), however to make the argument more fair and have a better discussion I think you should realize that there is no real solo option right now. Arenas are boring as hell for many of us.

Before you say I suck and that is why I feel arenas are boring I would like to add that I won most of my preseason matches and I played sniper for a week in season 1 before I became bored. I believe I was 17 and 3 on him (he was mostly partisan as well). So I did pretty well (or lucky since that is better than skill in solo q ). I love deathmatch in my fps games but in mmos I think they are boring. I know many others who feel the same way. Please don't use solo q arenas as a "you have a solo q option" argument. Let's just focus on the fact that splitting the q's completely would not be very easy with low pop.and that matchmaking could at least make for more even matches than the current system.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.14.2013 , 02:21 PM | #6770
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Q syncing ranked is actually easy on the pub side. I did it for a few matches with a friend in preseason to see if it was doable. We won but it was just preseason and it wasn't that bad since he was 26k and I was in full partisan gear on that char. It is easy to do if you are on the low pop faction because there won't be many q'n. It may not work every time (it did for us though haha) but it works a lot.

I never tried it on my imps but I would assume it would be much more difficult. However, worst case, you get to fight your friend and that would be fun as well.

All I want is matchmaking (not split Q's), however to make the argument more fair and have a better discussion I think you should realize that there is no real solo option right now. Arenas are boring as hell for many of us.

Before you say I suck and that is why I feel arenas are boring I would like to add that I won most of my preseason matches and I played sniper for a week in season 1 before I became bored. I believe I was 17 and 3 on him (he was mostly partisan as well). So I did pretty well (or lucky since that is better than skill in solo q ). I love deathmatch in my fps games but in mmos I think they are boring. I know many others who feel the same way. Please don't use solo q arenas as a "you have a solo q option" argument. Let's just focus on the fact that splitting the q's completely would not be very easy with low pop.and that matchmaking could at least make for more even matches than the current system.
TBH, it's the same thing we are getting. That premades should stick to ranked, but I'm sure many of them enjoy warzones, but maybe don't have 8 people to do ranked all the time even if they brought it back. No more than half your team should be premade in the reg queue and you have just as good a chance of having one on your team as not.

I just don't understand why everyone focuses on this extreme of 8 terrible, undergeared, solo players with no healers vs. an 8 man superqueue with ideal comp, full obroan gear, coordinating through voice comms. Anytime I see a superqueue, I ridicule them the entire match, pick their worst player and continuously tunnel them to the point they spend as much time in spawn as we do, and realize that some people truly are just out to have fun at the expense of other players. I've quit guilds who superqueue and quit games, these aren't traits I hold in high regard.

If you solo queue and feel like you never have any chance to win games, then you need to get better. If you're upset because you occassionally run into matches that are extremely lopsided due to bad team comps or disproportionate skill levels, I feel your pain. But the reg warzone queue is meant as nothing more than a playground. You queue up to get randomly matched with players and PvP. If you want even matches based on comp and skill and coordination, then you will have to do ranked. And if you prefer warzones to arenas, you'll have to convince BW that ranked warzones are worth bringing back.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here