Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Azzataky
12.12.2013 , 08:10 AM | #6581
Premades are not the ones who are ruining PvP. If anything playing against better team of players makes you learn stuff. If you want to PvP just for fun, there is open world PvP for that in my opinion. Warzones have objectives and a lot of people dont care about them, they are the ones who ruin the warzone. Let me give you couple examples:

People who rush at pylon, cap it for points and go away from it, later they say defending is boring - dont play warzones.

People who defend doors, say 5 left after they died so there is no chance of helping them. They say, well should I type and die or defend - well, if you type, we come and help, you might die but we win, if you defend against more enemies you die, we cant help, they win.

People who don't communicate at all shouldn't be playing warzones, they are teamplay. Have you ever seen football match won by a team which doesn't say anything? Where everyone plays for himself? Don't think so.

Imho there should be some PvP tutorial when you want to enter warzones, which would teach you the importance of communication with team, importance of defence etc.

P.S. But choice between 8v8 and 4v4 wzs would be nice. Those people who dont care about objectives would play 4v4, its just team deathmatch.

Ridickilis
12.12.2013 , 08:19 AM | #6582
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Its totally unplayable for all PUG and NO FUN.
I pug exclusively and I'm having fun. Where are you getting these statistics to make such bold claims? And why wasn't I polled as I'm a part of that group? That statement should at least be changed to "totally unplayable for all but 1 pugger".

UncelSam
12.12.2013 , 08:23 AM | #6583
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzataky View Post
Premades are not the ones who are ruining PvP. If anything playing against better team of players makes you learn stuff. If you want to PvP just for fun, there is open world PvP for that in my opinion. Warzones have objectives and a lot of people dont care about them, they are the ones who ruin the warzone. Let me give you couple examples:

People who rush at pylon, cap it for points and go away from it, later they say defending is boring - dont play warzones.

People who defend doors, say 5 left after they died so there is no chance of helping them. They say, well should I type and die or defend - well, if you type, we come and help, you might die but we win, if you defend against more enemies you die, we cant help, they win.

People who don't communicate at all shouldn't be playing warzones, they are teamplay. Have you ever seen football match won by a team which doesn't say anything? Where everyone plays for himself? Don't think so.

Imho there should be some PvP tutorial when you want to enter warzones, which would teach you the importance of communication with team, importance of defence etc.

P.S. But choice between 8v8 and 4v4 wzs would be nice. Those people who dont care about objectives would play 4v4, its just team deathmatch.
To "learn stuff" wont work since this game has gear-based skill system, rather than "real" pvp skills. All knows how to push buttons in what order but that wont help you if u lack the gear. Thats why your agrumnet is totally void.

PUGs need thier own enviroment to grow and gear up in. What they dont need is bullies to hemper and ruin that progress with meaingless stomping.

cycao
12.12.2013 , 08:47 AM | #6584
To "learn stuff" wont work since this game has gear-based skill system, rather than "real" pvp skills. All knows how to push buttons in what order but that wont help you if u lack the gear. Thats why your agrumnet is totally void.

PUGs need thier own enviroment to grow and gear up in. What they dont need is bullies to hemper and ruin that progress with meaingless stomping.
Well if everyone who hit's 55 took the time to properly prepare themselves gear becomes a non issue.

And anyways I honestly don't think that removing premades or splitting the queues up will solve anything. I have been in my fair share of pure pug matches that were as lopsided as any premade game I've been in. What's lacking is a proper matchmaking system.

Stanimir
12.12.2013 , 08:56 AM | #6585
Premade players are ruining unranked warzones. It is literally never been easier to organize ranked. Go to opposite faction fleet, announce in /2 that you are doing ranked so please queue up. Go back, queue.

But no, let's roflstomp pugs and claim we couldn't get a pop. The PvP community here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQArDMKdSVc

Azzataky
12.12.2013 , 09:03 AM | #6586

LOL on thatone. Sure, gear is important but you still going to lose against PUG which has better gear, so it doesnt matter if they are premade or PUG. And player skill always matters... If you think otherwise than PvP is just not your thing I guess You can cap under 5 ppl because they are trying to kill a tank and they dont notice you, not sure how in that helps them pushing the right buttons or gear. Or communication - not about gear. If you know what to do and how to do it its just as important as gear.

Master_Nate
12.12.2013 , 09:30 AM | #6587
For all of those hating premades and wishing their death/removal from regular warzones... have people considered that not all premades even like Arena? Sure this problem has been brought up over and over and I get it...solo peeps and pugs alike want an equal chance at winning and take to the forums to rant about it once they encounter a faceroll. I don't disagree with having it as premades vs premades so please don't take that away from my post. I just don't think forcing players into a game type that they do not like is the answer though. It only alienates whats left of the PvP community even more.

I personally think that if 8v8 was not removed and they simply introduced 4 man arena Ranked paired with the option of 8v8 RWZ, then pugs WOULD have their regular warzones or at least they wouldn't be filled with so many premades. I just don't get how other posters put the blame on premades and/or guilds that Q together. It's what an MMO should be about.

I also tend to think that solo q ranked even took away from 4 man ranked arena interest. It is my belief they should have held the release of solo q back for a little time so that people would experience 4 man ranked a tad longer. As it is now, it's just to easy to just say eff it and yolo q. Players hardly even care to form a team at this point when q syncing with a guildie or two is easier. The ones who do form up don't last when solo q is an easy exit and way to bolster their "status" in this game to whatever meaning that holds for them. PvP game modes in this game are a mess, have always been a mess, and it only gets worse for me unfortunately. PvP itself is fun, the options to PvP not so much.

I still love the warzone type objective based game play but as someone who runs in a premade(because friends are fun) and doesn't particularly care for arena style game type, this game is losing me. We would Q and get same team for an hour, then no one for next 45 mins. Things need implementing here, duo q for regs and ranked would help some I think.

To the posters in this thread who hate premades and want all premades to leave regular q and go be with "our own kind", you'll get your wish eventually.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

MidichIorian
12.12.2013 , 09:46 AM | #6588
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to both the opponents I come across and the premades that get crap for my actions. But just so we're clear, I am not playing in premades. Yes, it might look like I'm supported by two pocket healers and a tank at all times and in every game but it is infact just me.

/poster is in no way associated with Kun Gaming or The Ministry

Carter_Mathis
12.12.2013 , 09:50 AM | #6589

PUGs need thier own enviroment to grow and gear up in. What they dont need is bullies to hemper and ruin that progress with meaningless stomping.
No, on a lv 47 Combat Medic Commando, with gear exactly 20 levels below me, I'm still bolstered fine. Solo queuing on him is moderately enjoyable because I get a kick out of healing teammates who don't peel, don't use defensive cooldowns, and hit like wet noodles. At that level, I'm doing at least 3 times the healing of any other slightly competent pug, and up to 10 times the healing of some poor souls who are specced entirely into their healing tree.

While that gimp gear would get me wrecked in 55's, I still crush people in a partisan/conq mix on any of my alts. The reason why I join premades is because I don't want all 7 of the people I'm with to be entirely unskilled, and communication with 3 other decent players goes a long way. Premades aren't the root problem, pretty much everyone I know who premades would be fine solo queuing if the pugs they got in with weren't so abysmal that they can't feasibly carry their team.

anwg
12.12.2013 , 10:05 AM | #6590
Quote: Originally Posted by Stanimir View Post
Premade players are ruining unranked warzones. It is literally never been easier to organize ranked. Go to opposite faction fleet, announce in /2 that you are doing ranked so please queue up. Go back, queue.

But no, let's roflstomp pugs and claim we couldn't get a pop. The PvP community here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQArDMKdSVc
What if I dislike arena and want to play hutball with friends?