Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
12.03.2013 , 09:36 PM | #6241
Well I guess the devs don't understand the issue because its
A game that's based on socialising and grouping up with friends and guild member to accomplish things in the game both pve and pvp.

so my guess is they will never go there because in their minds its how you're supposed to play the game
Which is why you will never see a yellow post on this issue.

Marrius's Avatar


Marrius
12.03.2013 , 11:25 PM | #6242
Quote: Originally Posted by Laoi View Post
oooooor just throw the whole concept of instanced pvp into the trashbin (where it belongs) and fix open world pvp instead. oh wait that would require an engine that can handle more than 10 ppl at the same time. nvm
Why the frack are we settling for this then? We all pay to support the game. BW get off your complacency and give us a product with the same level of quality that your company gained notoriety for.
Open world pvp is a great idea and i fully approve this message.

Marrius's Avatar


Marrius
12.03.2013 , 11:33 PM | #6243
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Lets say you are queuing solo and you get into a warzone with 7 other people that all had solo queued.

Now after that warzone you invite three of your teammates from that PuG team into a group and group queue them. you have now just queued a four man premade.

But what is different about those players now that they are queued together into a warzone rather than being pugged together? Their gear is the same, their skill is no different. Nothing is different they are just four players in a eight man team just like in the PuG wz they where also four players in a eight man team.

Grouping doesn't make anyone better or make winning require any less skill.

Also if your not convinced I have a very simple solution to premades

Spoiler
I think something needs clarifying here. Premades will always be more successful than pugs because there is already a heirarchy in the group and one person will lead while the rest follow. this is the dynamic of any group of friends. And when you have leadership you have order. Order > Chaos.

Also the use of vent/ tspeak etc. in wz's should be forbidden or implimented whole-heartedly into the game itself. Meaning either we all have it or none of us have it.

The idea I believe everyone wants here is an even playing field and if you argue against this concept then its likely that you have a bully mentality and should be drop kicked to the ban-wagon as soon as possible so that the rest of us can move on and enjoy the game.

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
12.04.2013 , 12:52 AM | #6244
Quote: Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
I think something needs clarifying here. Premades will always be more successful than pugs because there is already a heirarchy in the group and one person will lead while the rest follow. this is the dynamic of any group of friends. And when you have leadership you have order. Order > Chaos.

Also the use of vent/ tspeak etc. in wz's should be forbidden or implimented whole-heartedly into the game itself. Meaning either we all have it or none of us have it.

The idea I believe everyone wants here is an even playing field and if you argue against this concept then its likely that you have a bully mentality and should be drop kicked to the ban-wagon as soon as possible so that the rest of us can move on and enjoy the game.
Well spoken!! This is just what Ive been talking about since Beta! The Devs still think this is not a preoblem!

I hope they notice the issue now when the forums are filled with posts about the premade issue.

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
12.04.2013 , 01:19 AM | #6245
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Well spoken!! This is just what Ive been talking about since Beta! The Devs still think this is not a preoblem!

I hope they notice the issue now when the forums are filled with posts about the premade issue.
You mean the issue of people playing the game as intended?
The whole game is based on group play I don't think they see your problem as an issue
Hence the no response because it doesn't warrant one.

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
12.04.2013 , 01:23 AM | #6246
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
You mean the issue of people playing the game as intended?
The whole game is based on group play I don't think they see your problem as an issue
Hence the no response because it doesn't warrant one.
The intended way of playing doesnt seem to be too popular if you seen how many posts there is on this matter.

Things can only change to the better from here. We can have more balanced fights with alot more fun and chllange on an equal base.

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
12.04.2013 , 01:33 AM | #6247
[QUOTE=UncelSam;6993614]The intended way of playing doesnt seem to be too popular if you seen how many posts there is on this matter.

I think You're searching for something that doesn't exist in mmos and never will
You have to just accept that this game is created based around group play the devs support this
Type of gameplay and see nothing wrong with it, as it's intended design it's a mmo.

Marrius's Avatar


Marrius
12.04.2013 , 01:39 AM | #6248
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
You mean the issue of people playing the game as intended?
The whole game is based on group play I don't think they see your problem as an issue
Hence the no response because it doesn't warrant one.
Well thank you for taking your time to respond even though you feel it doesn't warrant a response.

Now if the intention by the devs was to have pug stomping and extended wait times to get into wzs then yes you are correct, there is no issue/problem. However the devs have admitted there is a problem both in word and deed. They tried to correct the issue by incorporating 4v4 ranked to try and deter premades from stomping pugs. This lends evidence to the fact that the devs are trying to correct the issue but sadly the issue persists. The question now is; Will the devs come up with another solution? There are many suggestions presented in this thread. I hope some of them are considered/implimented before the issue drives away any more players.

After all lets face it; All BW really wants is a successful product = $$$

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
12.04.2013 , 01:47 AM | #6249
Quote: Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
Well thank you for taking your time to respond even though you feel it didn't warrant a response.

Now if the intention by the devs was to have pug stomping and extended wait times to get into wzs then yes you are correct, there is no issue/problem. However the devs have admitted there is a problem both in word and deed. They tried to correct the issue by incorporating 4v4 ranked to try and deter premades from stomping pugs. This lends evidence to the fact that the devs are trying to correct the issue but sadly the issue persists. The question now is; Will the devs come up with another solution? There are many suggestions presented in this thread. I hope some of them are considered/implimented before the issue drives away any more players.
Ok you seem to be confused as to why we have ranked arenas
Ranked 4v4 was implemented because it was to hard for a lot of teams to field 8 players
Ranked solo was implemented for people that don't have time for grouping and as a way for players that normally wouldn't get into or participate in ranked group the opportunity to participate.

Premade vs pug its part of the game.

Marrius's Avatar


Marrius
12.04.2013 , 02:10 AM | #6250
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
Ok you seem to be confused as to why we have ranked arenas
Ranked 4v4 was implemented because it was to hard for a lot of teams to field 8 players
Ranked solo was implemented for people that don't have time for grouping and as a way for players that normally wouldn't get into or participate in ranked group the opportunity to participate.

Premade vs pug its part of the game.
Actually you are wrong and I am hoping someone knows where the dev post on this is so our 'friend' here can be educated.
Furthermore if someone knows where the mike morhaim interview is on what he calls cheating (pug stomping) I think this can shed some light on what is accepted and expected in MMO's in general.

Ren, I understand you like the way things are but you are not a majority on this issue. If it is not changed sadly you and your friends will have nobody left to pug stomp.