Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
11.09.2012 , 05:59 AM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I can answer this:
- I play odd hours.
- Sometimes I log in for 30 mins and want a quick WZ or two without having to wait for ppl to come online
- Sometimes I just don't feel a need to talk to people (besides calling incs et cetera) and just want to do a WZ without any obligations.
- Sometimes I want a random team for the challeng of it.

and do you know what? MY REASONS ARE AS VALID AS YOURS!
Actually I have no reasons to be valid/unvalid, I do both.
Your reason is valid, ofcourse, but, just becose you don't want obligations,talking with people, team play and waiting for other people, doesnt mean others should not be able to put a bit of efford before WZ to have it easier inside.
this is exacly why you can solo and team que.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

KismetTKM's Avatar


KismetTKM
11.09.2012 , 06:07 AM | #612
People take this game seriously... Lol.
Kismet
<OSS>
To those whose job it is to take lives so that others may live...
We are but a chosen few.

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
11.09.2012 , 06:32 AM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I can answer this:
- I play odd hours.
- Sometimes I log in for 30 mins and want a quick WZ or two without having to wait for ppl to come online
- Sometimes I just don't feel a need to talk to people (besides calling incs et cetera) and just want to do a WZ without any obligations.
- Sometimes I want a random team for the challeng of it.

and do you know what? MY REASONS ARE AS VALID AS YOURS!
valid post, +1

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
11.09.2012 , 06:33 AM | #614
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Actually I have no reasons to be valid/unvalid, I do both.
Your reason is valid, ofcourse, but, just becose you don't want obligations,talking with people, team play and waiting for other people, doesnt mean others should not be able to put a bit of efford before WZ to have it easier inside.
this is exacly why you can solo and team que.
valid post, +1

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
11.09.2012 , 06:48 AM | #615
I think,
FRIEND LIST is the answer. (at least it was for me).
I play Jugg tank a lot lately (unguilded), so i already made 2 healer friends, resulting, i almost always queue in 2 man team.
Yesterday, 8 wins out of 9, just one WZ lost. I pull 200-300k (358 personal record) protection (except Huttball ofc) in Battlemaster gear (3 WH parts already, almost 4th.) I have full WH geared healer though and outstanding player, must add.
The game completely changed for me. Often i've been doing daily in 4 WZs (4 loses). Nowadays? Weekly in 2 days easily.
So dont be afraid, if you see good player around, ask him/her for party, if things work out, put him on friend list. After couple of days, you'll always have someone to go with. You'll get used to the others, you'll get better as team = win.

cheers

SajPl's Avatar


SajPl
11.09.2012 , 06:55 AM | #616
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
I think,
FRIEND LIST is the answer. (at least it was for me).
I play Jugg tank a lot lately (unguilded), so i already made 2 healer friends, resulting, i almost always queue in 2 man team.
Yesterday, 8 wins out of 9, just one WZ lost. I pull 200-300k (358 personal record) protection (except Huttball ofc) in Battlemaster gear (3 WH parts already, almost 4th.) I have full WH geared healer though and outstanding player, must add.
The game completely changed for me. Often i've been doing daily in 4 WZs (4 loses). Nowadays? Weekly in 2 days easily.
So dont be afraid, if you see good player around, ask him/her for party, if things work out, put him on friend list. After couple of days, you'll always have someone to go with. You'll get used to the others, you'll get better as team = win.

cheers
This. Do not be afraid of other people you are supposed to play with other people.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
11.09.2012 , 07:20 AM | #617
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
-.- ya know a 50 comm lose (should be 80 if you and your team are any good) in ranked is still more than a 140 comm win in normal? The only difference, is normal is easier to start than ranked.

Correct, because premades refuse to play ranked against each other when there are enough of them to make a decent que. They choose not to.
this is true enough, but there are more factors involved from my perspective:
  • I grp with guildies randomly; I pvp on 5 different toons. I don't sit around trying to balance each grp with a healer, a tank, a ranged, and a melee. these are essential considerations for a ranked team.
  • contrary to popular belief (on this forum, apparently) stacking heals is not going to win anything. go up against a team with great dps and just 2 heals, I guarantee that they'll shred your 4 healers, 1 tank, 3 dps in a reg wz. good dps are always going to shred an unguarded healer.
  • I have a hard time getting 7 other ppl in guild that are geared, willing, available, and fulfill the requisite roles/classes necessary for competitive ranked play. trust me. my member note is "anybody wanna do ranked?" it's not like I'm not trying (poor inmortal!).
  • the best ranked experience I've had to date was actually on an alt (vg). another guild was putting together two teams, any gear level. the teams were divided based on role and gear level. after every two matches, if there was a team that lost two in a row, they got to trade a player of their choice from one team to another (so long as the roles were the same). if all 16 players didn't get a pop at the same time, we just refused the pop and immediately queued at the same time. the ethics are debatable, but I'd rather play relatively balanced matches than roll or be rolled most of the time. iunno. it's an idea. only works in ranked cuz the Qs are so dead though. lol
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.09.2012 , 07:33 AM | #618
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Hey that's a great way to win people over.

My way or the highway, a stance my 7 year old nephew takes before he gets grounded. News flash, pvp is dieing with it's current system, it's your choice if you want to wear the blinders or not(which you are). You even admitted yourself it's too hard to get 7 people, yet premades aren't the problem in your version of the game.

If you can't find 7 people how come you don't join a guild or get more friends? I'm just wondering, it's rather easy, according to you and it is a group only MMO, according to you. So what's holding you back?

Oh that's right yourself and your excuses, since that is all you provided. I guess it's too "hard" to get a ranked match, even though you say group pvp is the status quo in this game.

Oh my god, the contradictions are just too much with you. I guess I can hope for some insults, from the previous post you provided.

Losing fast, you are.
News flash, I've already been advocating for better matchmaking, I simply also advocate self reliance. So glad you actually took the time to know whom you were arguing with.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.09.2012 , 07:58 AM | #619
@Muramxx:

I gave you a direct invite. Post the points/facts you claim I continue to gloss over/deflect, ignore, etc... in a very nice and neat list. (1, 2, 3, 4, ...22...)

I will answer them in order, directly.

Then, you will answer my questions. You will not skip them, you will not deflect them, as I will not.

Seem reasonable?

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.09.2012 , 08:35 AM | #620
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I can't believe this thread is still going...

People complain about team work being OP and want their own bracket.

Yes... nerf teamwork.

An MMO surely isn't about playing in groups or being coordinated within that group.

I'm sure when we invaded Iraq, Saddam Hussein called and said "Hey... can you send in the troops one at a time... these groups of soldiers are OP."
Rofl, Thanks for the morning laugh I needed it. GO PACKERS!!!
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane