Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
10.24.2013 , 04:40 PM | #6081
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
A study based on Halo: Reach........lol not kidding a premade in a FPS game is going to be better

....

people whine because they lose and they want to rationalize their loss, nothing more.

I get premades on my team all the time and we still lose, because most of the time its against a better premade.

Premades are better statistically, though its the skill of teamwork that makes the most impact.

People should just whine about separating good and bad players. They won't, though, because that would require admitting that they suck.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

DainjaMouz's Avatar


DainjaMouz
10.24.2013 , 04:42 PM | #6082
Quote: Originally Posted by vennian View Post
) Thanks for the ad hominen remark. That really made you sound convincing.
You're welcome! Glad you got to take advantage of your prep school Latin as well. Hopefully, the previous sentence doesn't come across as too ad hominen; it was typed in more of a snarky frame of mind.


If you want an argument that rates higher on Graham's Disagreement Hierarchy, you can go back and actually read my original post.
The PvP Fringe @ Jedi Covenant
Ashes of Ashla Andrrikan - lvl 55 MM | Ultetharu - lvl 14 Merc
Dainjamous - lvl 36 Sentinel
"Less frou frou, more pew pew!"

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
10.24.2013 , 04:45 PM | #6083
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
And shouldn't players with more experience win anyway? It would be truly broken if bad players win against good players
nowadays, people will actually say no.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

t-darko's Avatar


t-darko
10.24.2013 , 07:57 PM | #6084
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
That's not what killed 8v8 rwz...
Now why stop there, you tell me then why did ranked 8 vs 8 die, and if you only say game mechanics your credibility goes out the window ...

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
10.24.2013 , 08:11 PM | #6085
Well; I just Q'ed for warzones for the first time since 2.0 in my mixed partisan and Conq gear. Fully augmented and I played..not great. Here's the thing, I was usually first or second DPS on my team, including the last one I went into against a "premade." Thats right, just me and one other guy got over 200k damage, the rest barely cracked 100k and the debate went on about premades. I did at least one series of node guard and capping in a hypergate at that, and I think the other 20k+ did as well as we both came in to an ungaurded pylon at one point.

Frankly; I'm not that good. But at least I realize that was part of the problem. More so than the composition of group or the focus fire. (BTW, I tried to set my focus and get their target, but they would be on powertechs when 2 healers are around. I only started that after realizing I failed in an arena to utilize that very well. Turns out it didn't matter.) To top it off; we had our shots and it was close for a little bit, but as they pulled ahead, desperation and despair set in and the gap widened.

Basically; I am a frustrated PUG and I am frustrated with myself first and foremost and a premade would only make my list of things to be frustrated with if I felt I and my team did everything they possibly could do. I know I didn't.

Edit: not since 2.0 but since arenas
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
10.24.2013 , 08:45 PM | #6086
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Well; I just Q'ed for warzones for the first time since 2.0 in my mixed partisan and Conq gear. Fully augmented and I played..not great. Here's the thing, I was usually first or second DPS on my team, including the last one I went into against a "premade." Thats right, just me and one other guy got over 200k damage, the rest barely cracked 100k and the debate went on about premades. I did at least one series of node guard and capping in a hypergate at that, and I think the other 20k+ did as well as we both came in to an ungaurded pylon at one point.

Frankly; I'm not that good. But at least I realize that was part of the problem. More so than the composition of group or the focus fire. (BTW, I tried to set my focus and get their target, but they would be on powertechs when 2 healers are around. I only started that after realizing I failed in an arena to utilize that very well. Turns out it didn't matter.) To top it off; we had our shots and it was close for a little bit, but as they pulled ahead, desperation and despair set in and the gap widened.

Basically; I am a frustrated PUG and I am frustrated with myself first and foremost and a premade would only make my list of things to be frustrated with if I felt I and my team did everything they possibly could do. I know I didn't.
what are you doing here? this thread is for irrationally blaming others for your own shortcomings.

Exly's Avatar


Exly
10.25.2013 , 12:12 AM | #6087
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
what are you doing here? this thread is for irrationally blaming others for your own shortcomings.
Nope, this thread is about asking BioWare to create a separate queue for solo queuer's so that they don't have to get ganged up on by premades. Now I know that some premades are only out there to pug stomp solo queuer's into the ground, and they believe that the only reason that solo queuer's are their is to give them shorter queue times. Well, I for one can tell you that I am not there just to provide content for premade groups. and I want a separate queue so that I can spend more time playing the game and less time on the forums talking about what needs to be fixed.

By the way the only reason that I am here posting right now is because premades are currently playing on my server, and I refuse to play while they are, so I just logged off and decided to call it quits for the night. I can only hope that others will follow my lead, and the premades will find that their content has logged off and have left them with ever longer queue times.

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
10.25.2013 , 12:36 AM | #6088
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Nope, this thread is about asking BioWare to create a separate queue for solo queuer's so that they don't have to get ganged up on by premades. Now I know that some premades are only out there to pug stomp solo queuer's into the ground, and they believe that the only reason that solo queuer's are their is to give them shorter queue times. Well, I for one can tell you that I am not there just to provide content for premade groups. and I want a separate queue so that I can spend more time playing the game and less time on the forums talking about what needs to be fixed.

By the way the only reason that I am here posting right now is because premades are currently playing on my server, and I refuse to play while they are, so I just logged off and decided to call it quits for the night. I can only hope that others will follow my lead, and the premades will find that their content has logged off and have left them with ever longer queue times.
apparently you missed the "solo ranked queue". I never see premades in it

vennian's Avatar


vennian
10.25.2013 , 01:08 AM | #6089
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
apparently you missed the "solo ranked queue". I never see premades in it
Apparently you forgot to read the earlier arguments why your point isn't working.

I still don't get why premades are for the mixing of pugs versus premades? All it does is alienates new pvp'ers and lengthens queue times in the long run.

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
10.25.2013 , 02:00 AM | #6090
Quote: Originally Posted by vennian View Post
Apparently you forgot to read the earlier arguments why your point isn't working.

I still don't get why premades are for the mixing of pugs versus premades? All it does is alienates new pvp'ers and lengthens queue times in the long run.
no, i read them. they are irrationally blaming premades, and acting like the premades are cheating and can never lose, the same way they have for the past several hundred pages. You got a solo-only queue and still complain, further validating what i said.