Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

UncelSam
09.18.2013 , 03:55 AM | #5811
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
Assume a pool of players that all are equally skilled. Two groups are made out of this pool.

First group: Players and classes are hand-picked to cover all the needed roles. They have lots of experience working together as a team. They have voice comms.

Second group: Players and classes are chosen randomly. They never played together before. They use text chat for communication.

Are you seriously suggesting the second group could do just as well as the first when they face each other, if they only 'strive to do better'?!?

Your whole premise of "you only lose to premades because you are bad" is absolute nonsense. Premades have an undeniable objective advantage when facing a random group of players, regardless of how skilled those players are.
This exsactly what Ive been advocating for so long.

The premades has so many advantages over PUG so its even suprising that the Devs havent adressed this problem yet!!

The premades has probably less skills than a experianced PUG player since the premades are addicted to super powerhealers backing them up so they dont even have to Think about thier heath at all. They have in fact never learnedto do that,.

cycao
09.18.2013 , 06:09 AM | #5812
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
Assume a pool of players that all are equally skilled. Two groups are made out of this pool.

First group: Players and classes are hand-picked to cover all the needed roles. They have lots of experience working together as a team. They have voice comms.

Second group: Players and classes are chosen randomly. They never played together before. They use text chat for communication.

Are you seriously suggesting the second group could do just as well as the first when they face each other, if they only 'strive to do better'?!?

Your whole premise of "you only lose to premades because you are bad" is absolute nonsense. Premades have an undeniable objective advantage when facing a random group of players, regardless of how skilled those players are.
First off you're assuming the very best as well as the very worst. A hand picked group with past team work and comms verse random and ops chat (which is freaking fine when I'm a pug I get wet when they read or use it to not complain) who has never worked together. With the assumption that they're of equal skill we will consider them pretty good, now a random group of plucked pretty good players against a pretty good premade would probably be closer than you think how ever you don't want to think that. This pug would more than likely have played with the other players at one time or another and have a firm grasp of warzone mechanics as well as key targets on the premade.

Als with a post like this it helps but drive my point home. No one is denying that a premade has advantages but it is daft to say that a pug group cannot make it a competitive game. Instead they give up almost instantly or quit which puts your team instantly at a disadvantage. That and not every premade is equal, they can suck as much as a pug still rocking recruit gear in a warzone.

This mentality that there is no beating a premade is a major part of the problem. If you already think that there is no defeating one then it comes up to be a task no less than impossible which is a situation that you and other players create for themselves because that is how you perceive the problem as.

Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
This exsactly what Ive been advocating for so long.

The premades has so many advantages over PUG so its even suprising that the Devs havent adressed this problem yet!!

The premades has probably less skills than a experianced PUG player since the premades are addicted to super powerhealers backing them up so they dont even have to Think about thier heath at all. They have in fact never learnedto do that,.
And then there's this guy. Who says all premades are addicted to super powerheals (?) (assuming ops?) that they don't think about their health at all and in fact has never learned how.

Oh and also that which when looking at the first sentence is that the average pug player is better than your average premade player. Which probably has some truth because I have seen some god awful premades filled with some terrible players and I have seen some exceptional pugs. Not all pugs are bad, not all premades are good.

ZipZep
09.18.2013 , 07:01 AM | #5813
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Oh and also that which when looking at the first sentence is that the average pug player is better than your average premade player. Which probably has some truth because I have seen some god awful premades filled with some terrible players and I have seen some exceptional pugs. Not all pugs are bad, not all premades are good.
Hehe, nothing worse than seeing a 4 man-premade of players you just know wont be any help what so ever in the warzone, even if they are using voice software

I agree with above post, premades are not evil. Its an mmo, we are supposed to play the game with friends and not solo. Naturally going in 4 friends gives an advantage over 8 randoms, and thats how it should be. Some premades are powerfull, some are not. Voice software is nice, but really with only half the team using it, its not gamebreaking and for sure isnt a 100% guarenteed victory every time.

As it might be obvious from my post, im one of those guys who normally run these "evil premades" that ruin PvP, but I also solo que, and when I do I for sure dont go whining about being farmed by the other team in a 3-cap loss. Want to even the playing field. Find 3 friends, get on TS and see if it makes a difference for you.
Whasp - Herbs & Derps PvP guild ToFN

Slacking Engineer Sniper and Worst Mara EU

Michalrajtar
09.18.2013 , 07:13 AM | #5814
The premades are still ruining the whole WZ experiance.

Theres not a single chance in hell a PUG team can beat a premade team with powerhealers, voice comm, and all the uber gear they got from prior PUG stomping.

The PUG stomping gotta stop. PPl are quitting the game by the day beacuase of this.

This game will be over Before christmas if the premades are not removed.
Beaten premades many times. It is an MMO it is meant to be played in group so just stop whining please. If u really think that this is fault of voice chat or compostion join guild If u don't want to do this it is your problem. Now let's start a thread PUGs are ruining WZ Experience. And only small % of ppl are focused on PvP most of this game population is PvE centered so stop with this "arguments" and "predictions" you got from your imagination cause they are false.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd lv55 characters:

<Rycerze Republiki> Naddesh, Juuley, Sci'var
<Troll Squad> Azuva

General_Aldo
09.18.2013 , 07:19 AM | #5815
The TS advantage premades have does little affect to regular warzones, where communication and coordination are less important.

In regular warzones, the MOST important thing is personal skill. Which 95% of players lack who play this game. (A majority of people complaining on this thread)

I'm tired of people thinking they are great at their class, for doing 500k damage or heals in a full warzones. Let me tell you, that is terrible.

People really need to know their class and they will preform better. And I mean REALLY know your class. Where doing 1m in your role, heals or dps, is a VERY regular thing for full warzones. And don't give me the excuse, "my class won't allow me to do 1m in full warzones."

I play commando healer, and if the team isn't full of horrishows, I do that regularly.

Personal skill will win regular warzones. It's the single most contributing factor. People need to realize they aren't as good as they think
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
LÍvi - Carnage Marauder
King of Pugs Legacy

ErikGW
09.18.2013 , 07:21 AM | #5816
The other day i was solo queueing and ended up with 7 other solos against a full 8 of one guild that claim to be a very strong pvp guild (and generally are). It was huttball so we initially figured we were about to get rolled.

End score 1-1. They got the ball and won because they were able to coordinate their ccs better due to voice chat.

6 of the 7 i was grouped with were people i know as solo queuers that often end up in games with my usual 4.

We had no coordination but we knew how the game is played, and the double premade all on the same voicechat, that was that guild's ranked team.

Premade doesnt always mean better. And anyone that whines about premades probably shouldn't be pvping.

This is a mmo. A lot of the fun is playing with friends. A lot of the other fun is beating the zerg. This is the basis of pvp.

Victory is fun. Stomping a bunch of scrubs with a premade isn't victory. It happens as part of this game of premade vs premade. You will never see my group trash talking a pug group. We say gg or nothing to pugs. But we will trash talk other premades :-)
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

Joesixxpack
09.18.2013 , 07:44 AM | #5817
POT5 is one of the busier PVP servers and it's typical for each reg team to have at least one premade of whatever comp. and number. More of them are ball and chains than spear tips.

Including matches facing genuine steamroller premades (1-2 per week is my total avg playing both factions) there is only one consistent observation to make when our team gets crushed: Collectively we did not demonstrate basic levels of personal skill, awareness, communication, and teamwork. I don't mean at high levels adequate to face a bad *** premade, I mean period.

Some players don't have the aptitude, ability, or desire (yet hopefully) and they're hanging from the median bar or napping below it.

Perhaps it's a different current story on some other servers with PUG bodies paving premade footpaths, but making a case by repeating assumptions, dumb sounding stereotypes and generalities as if they're facts writ large simply sounds like ************ and boogeyman ********.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

UncelSam
09.18.2013 , 08:13 AM | #5818
The premades will just make the lifelenght of this game shorter.

Theres a real nice MMO comming out soon, that doenst have this problem and if its not ixed by then...this game will die.

There no one that likes to be stomped by premades, and its a mystery that the devs still havent fixed the big issue. But I Think they have realized its too late now, since theres so few playing this game.

cycao
09.18.2013 , 08:35 AM | #5819
The premades will just make the lifelenght of this game shorter.

Theres a real nice MMO comming out soon, that doenst have this problem and if its not ixed by then...this game will die.

There no one that likes to be stomped by premades, and its a mystery that the devs still havent fixed the big issue. But I Think they have realized its too late now, since theres so few playing this game.
Thoughts on the solo only queue for ranked arenas?

It's not objective based but I mean you have always wanted premade vs premade and solo vs solo and that is what you're going to get.

Raansu
09.18.2013 , 08:48 AM | #5820
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Thoughts on the solo only queue for ranked arenas?

It's not objective based but I mean you have always wanted premade vs premade and solo vs solo and that is what you're going to get.
I cant wait for arenas simply because its removing objectives. Most warzones are lost not because a bad player cant press buttons, but its because they refuse to type anything. And it only takes one bad player to lose an entire warzone. Granted, the same can somewhat be applied to arenas, but at least both sides will be all solo or all premade so you don't have to worry about that one bad player in premade and in solo...well they still press buttons so they are at least being somewhat useful.

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy warzones and I do enjoy the objectives but after 1.1.5 warzones just got worse and worse.