Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

UGLYMRJ
11.08.2012 , 06:25 PM | #571
The irony.... I only commented on this thread again to make fun of the fact that it's still going and I got sucked into this narrow minded argument again.

We all have opinions... enjoy them. And thanks for making my last hour at work fly by.

Me and my 3 friends will see you on the coasts of Novarre tonight.

Hambunctious
11.08.2012 , 06:28 PM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
It happens all the time... many of my guild is gearing fresh 50's right now. We still win more than we lose...

We RARELY have a decent team composition... we OFTEN go without a healer hoping there is one within the other 4 of our group. Sometimes that costs us a win... who's fault is that?

Ours... I certainly don't believe a new bracket should be created to compensate for our poor choices in group composition.
No new bracket needed. No group queue allowed, or limited to 2 people.

Powerrmongerr
11.08.2012 , 06:29 PM | #573
I prefer the game go the route of incentivizing desired behavior as opposed to removing features (premade groups) that people obviously enjoy. The idea is to get more people queuing for solo so that we have more random teams.

Solution: Add a third weekly. Win 9 matches in which you solo queued, get an extra 200-350 ranked comms.

I mean, sure ... will some geared up folks who are doing it for the lulz and epeen not going to give a hoot and keep pre-mading? Absolutely. But, for a good chunk the extra weekly will give them pause. I mean, you can always grind for the elite war hero .. for a long time ... or offhands to buff out orange bracers/belts, or offspec sets, or whatever.

Maybe try that first before banning pre-mades?

TridusSWTOR
11.08.2012 , 06:29 PM | #574
I'm saying... adapt.. adjust... improve. I simply fail to see the rationality... you're basically asking for an "easy" setting in an online game. When I suck at a game... and I sucked at SWTOR when I started. I hadn't played an MMO for more than a couple months since Warhammer. Know what I did? Made friends... had said friends school me... did research... learned my class....learned other classes... joined a guild.... built chemistry with that guild... practiced and over all.... the point of this.

I got better. I used EVERYTHING at my disposal to get better. Read this part carefully....

No one will argue that this is not a team based game... it obviously is. Here's the important part...

A HUGE part of being better in a team based game is having a better team

Don't blame the game and stop asking for an "easy" setting... this isn't Skyrim.

A. Your idea would anger more than it would please.

B. This is the only thing I agree with... there should be higher rewards OR recognition for ranked PvP.
You change your message every post. You tell people to leave in one post and then adapt in the next, stop flip-flopping. When you address point A, who are you basing that on? The 4 people that agree with you? I don't know how you can speak for the entire SWTOR community without any type of source.

You give solo queuers their own bracket, they will play it and have fun. Later on, some of them will get tired of it and seek something on a higher level. Then eventually they will form their own team and be a competitive team. But first they actually have to enjoy playing PVP. Otherwise you get one less person in the queue.

I really don't understand how this is so hard to grasp.

Doomsdaycomes
11.08.2012 , 06:29 PM | #575
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Oh so we are talking about stats now and not about premades and solo pvpers? Oh okay, sorry, sometimes you guys get off point 99% of the time, so it can be tough to keep up with off topic points.

Anyways, I'm not even sure how to respond to that, since nobody was talking about stats. So how does telling people to leave the game help lower down pvp queues? I'm just wondering.

It's an example to despute the ******** "I pay the same as you, why can't I have fun my way?!"" argument. Someone wearing the wrong stats, by that logic, has the same right to winning (fun it seems) as someone who is wearing the proper stats. <.< was that clear for you.

Also, a direct address to your nonsense question: "It doesn't, but bending backwards to please players whom play improperly is just as bad. Yes, a company and a community should try and maintain as many people/subs (and thus money) as it can , but only if the cost of doing so doesn't compromise the company/games integrity. The company offering immediate level 50 for 200 bucks and Full WH sets for 100 bucks would rake in the money from those willing to pay for it, but it would destroy the integrity of the game."

UGLYMRJ
11.08.2012 , 06:33 PM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
No new bracket needed. No group queue allowed, or limited to 2 people.
No group queue huh?

Well that makes sense in a TEAM BASED, MASSIVELY MULTI-PLAYER ONLINE game...

Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 06:33 PM | #577
Every MMO I have every played has had 2 groups the casual group and the Hardcore group. The casual group even if they played like crazy would get ltop end "SOLO" content gear and maybe some low en raid gear. Where as the Hardcore guy would be in high end raiding gear. Thats the problem here is there is no difference in gear that is abtainable.

There should be a higher teir premade bracket where you can achieve that better gear. As of right now though there is an Easy button for the hardcore guys (they wont admit it) because playing in full WH gear vs a guy barely in recruit gear on his first guy is said easy mode. They refuse to allow the PUG's to be able to achieve the same results because it's always been like a club the "elites always want to be a step above everyone" So lets stomp and beat and roll them over and not better ourselves by playing against equals, because then eventually it will come down to skill and while the PUG's get better and you don't..... oh well.

Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 06:35 PM | #578
You're asking for a PUG v PUG group because you're losing... it's too hard for you to win.

You're asking for an easier way to win. Simple as that... it's not complicated.

and I know what you're implying... Most of those pre-mades are only in regular war zones because teams aren't queuing for rated... and the ones that are... are the same 5 damn teams and we've been playing each other for months.

ALL of the decent guilds I deal with on Bastion... I'm talking about 5-6 talented guilds WANT COMPETITION. They want you to group up... be better... and give all of us more competition. They want you to queue for rated and they DO NOT want to roll you. We're here for competition... unfortunately the competitive are a minority and threads like this are proof of that.
Hard to have competition when you stomp someone so much that they give up on PVP though.

Hambunctious
11.08.2012 , 06:36 PM | #579
No group queue huh?

Well that makes sense in a TEAM BASED, MASSIVELY MULTI-PLAYER ONLINE game...
They have rated for that...or did you just not want a challenge?

Zhaker
11.08.2012 , 06:36 PM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
I like the choice between premades being dominate or avoid the idiots. Probably both, I can understand the frustration of dealing with people not trying in PVP, so let them get there solo queue only bracket. Oh wait, that would stop the easy farming wouldn't it? Yea, we wouldn't that to happen for you...or wait longer queues right?

Yea maybe they should just leave the game then, since you don't like playing with them. The less players means the more queues will pop, right bud?
So hang on, I want idiots to leave so I can farm them?

Or we want to give idiots their own WZ so they can repeatedly queue doing absolutely nothing but hit random buttons to get comms for over people that want to do objectives and win?

Whats next, you wanna allow 8 mans to be done with 100 people because they've not finished an OPS for a month?