Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

TonyDragonflame
09.15.2013 , 04:49 AM | #5781
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
The premades are still ruining the whole WZ experiance.

Theres not a single chance in hell a PUG team can beat a premade team with powerhealers, voice comm, and all the uber gear they got from prior PUG stomping.

The PUG stomping gotta stop. PPl are quitting the game by the day beacuase of this.

This game will be over Before christmas if the premades are not removed.
Warzones on 55 lvl will be dead with 2.4, when ranked Arenas comes
So, RIP warzones and warzones with premades...
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

UncelSam
09.15.2013 , 04:52 AM | #5782
I dont Think arenas will change a thing.

Premade runners like PUG stomping = easy kills. Premades dont even want to fight an other premade team, its too much challange for them. They dont want pUG to have thier own queue either. They just want to stomp PUG, so why would they go to the arenas?

TonyDragonflame
09.15.2013 , 04:57 AM | #5783
I dont Think arenas will change a thing.

Premade runners like PUG stomping = easy kills. Premades dont even want to fight an other premade team, its too much challange for them. They dont want pUG to have thier own queue either. They just want to stomp PUG, so why would they go to the arenas?
Nobody will play 55 lvl warzones with normal commz when there are ranked Arenas with OMGMYEGORATING and ranked commz...
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

UncelSam
09.15.2013 , 05:02 AM | #5784
u can get ranked commz thru regular WZ too

Exly
09.15.2013 , 10:38 AM | #5785
u can get ranked commz thru regular WZ too
As a matter of fact, by adding the comms that you get from wining two regular warzone matches to those that you get from doing the daily you could come away with about 225 ranked comms vs. 160 ranked comms assuming that you convert all of the regular comms that you receive to ranked comms. Add in the comms that you get from doing your weekly, and you get the equivalent of another 400 ranked comms out of the deal.

So, all in, you could earn about 850 more ranked comms per week if you just won two regular matches per day.

Oh, and by the way, if you lose all of your matches the same is true, but you will need to lose four matches a day instead of winning two.

foxmob
09.15.2013 , 10:54 AM | #5786
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Nobody will play 55 lvl warzones with normal commz when there are ranked Arenas with OMGMYEGORATING and ranked commz...
daily and weekly quests only work for regs. arenas are a part of reg Q. 4m's in reg Q are as likely to land an arena as a WZ and their competition is also just as likely. thus, reg arenas are going to be massively imbalanced with 4m teams vs. 4 pugs. that's far far far worse than 4m + pugs vs. 8 pugs. it's even worse than 2x 4m vs. 8 pugs cuz the 2 premades aren't necessarily in the same guild/voice.

meanwhile, quitting is endemic in solo rated. a quitter there is devastating to the team. almost guaranteed loss.

finally, why the hell would I destroy my rating with a fresh 55 by jumping straight into solo rated? it utterly invalidates the rating in the first place. good player or bad. premade or not. jumping into rated is a bad idea.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

UncelSam
09.17.2013 , 12:22 PM | #5787
Premades are still the major negative influance on SWTOR pvp.

And i dont Think update 2.4 will do any differ at all.

Premades are just in there to do easy kills PUG stomping. They dont know any other way tp play.

cycao
09.17.2013 , 12:24 PM | #5788
Premades are still the major negative influance on SWTOR pvp.

And i dont Think update 2.4 will do any differ at all.

Premades are just in there to do easy kills PUG stomping. They dont know any other way tp play.
Thought you quit. You should. One less bad player complaining on the forums.

WarriorOfVirtue
09.17.2013 , 01:56 PM | #5789
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
I disagree with this. I think that if people want to group up with their friends to play, that you should be able to, and should not be broken up by the game. I also believe that they in the absence of a robust match making system, and a few other game enhancements, that there should be separate queues for solo and group players.
Was giving my opinion on what I think is wrong, and never did I write that it was the only problem, but it is what I have noticed. Other players have been giving some good advice as well, as long as they didn't decide instead to insult those of us who have a different opinion than these "leet" players...

Maybe a middle ground can be reached were pre-mades are only put together with opposing pre-mades, while pugs will only be put together with pugs. I saw some other member give an excellent idea about putting ingame VOIP so at least everyone will be able to communicate easily, but that still doesn't solve the problem of pre-mades being put against pugs.

Some seem to think that "the problem is only this, or is only that" when most probably the problem is more than just one thing. It is in part the "pre-made vs pugs", the "TS vs no TS and no in-game VOIP", the class imbalance, etc.

Just taking care of one thing is not going to bring balance to the WZs and pvp in general. I do have notice the class imbalance as well where some classes have a lot of advantages in WZs such as just some classes being able to pull the friend with the huttball close to the goal, or snipers being able to stun every few secs completely invisible and not being able to find them at all, etc. But I also think this class inbalance can be solved in part by not putting pugs vs premades because in the premades there will always be at least 2 healers, a class that can pull the friend with the huttball etc, while in a pug the chance of that happening is much lower.

Joesixxpack
09.17.2013 , 01:59 PM | #5790

http://www.thatsnerdalicious.com/can...ick-the-force/
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE