Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Cunobelin
09.06.2013 , 07:57 PM | #5771
The original post was correct. This is a GAME. This is not life. This doesn't have to be so unfair. It isn't whining about fairness to say that a GAME should not kill people's fun before they can have it. This game should not have SO MANY frustrating things endemic in its construction. Is anyone at Bioware NOT a game-playing uber geek? A regular person who can maybe understand that not every player wants to or cares to be the ULTIMATE ****** SWTOR player? I mean, really, I pity that kind of person, but it seems that's the only kind Bioware hires to code and create SWTOR...

How about a radical rethinking of the GAME with the goal of making it a FUN GAME instead of some stupid virtual D*ck measuring contest? For real - the competition among players will always be there, Bioware does not need to construct the game so a certain player (aka no life, sit in front of computer 8 hours a day and grind grind grind) gets all the glory and everyone else is canon fodder.

I am a good player, especially in PVP. I have been solo and in groups. There is a definite difference and I agree, there should be warzones for solo players only as well as those for groups only.

Lastly, why the arbitrary limit on 4-person PVP groups? Why can't we form a full PVP group? How about less constraints and less setting everything up for the uber-geek? After all, last I checked my money was just as good, and if Bioware wants to continue receiving it from me something should be done before I say, oh well, there's always the next game to try....

cashogy_reborn
09.06.2013 , 08:04 PM | #5772
No. Now go away
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

P-Chan
09.06.2013 , 08:12 PM | #5773
Quote: Originally Posted by Cunobelin View Post
The original post was correct. This is a GAME. This is not life. This doesn't have to be so unfair. It isn't whining about fairness to say that a GAME should not kill people's fun before they can have it. This game should not have SO MANY frustrating things endemic in its construction. Is anyone at Bioware NOT a game-playing uber geek? A regular person who can maybe understand that not every player wants to or cares to be the ULTIMATE ****** SWTOR player? I mean, really, I pity that kind of person, but it seems that's the only kind Bioware hires to code and create SWTOR...

How about a radical rethinking of the GAME with the goal of making it a FUN GAME instead of some stupid virtual D*ck measuring contest? For real - the competition among players will always be there, Bioware does not need to construct the game so a certain player (aka no life, sit in front of computer 8 hours a day and grind grind grind) gets all the glory and everyone else is canon fodder.

I am a good player, especially in PVP. I have been solo and in groups. There is a definite difference and I agree, there should be warzones for solo players only as well as those for groups only.

Lastly, why the arbitrary limit on 4-person PVP groups? Why can't we form a full PVP group? How about less constraints and less setting everything up for the uber-geek? After all, last I checked my money was just as good, and if Bioware wants to continue receiving it from me something should be done before I say, oh well, there's always the next game to try....
I agree, its a game, it should be fun. However, splitting queues will do nothing but create outrageous queue times the like of which we see on the PvE side as DPS. Plenty of better solutions have been proposed in this thread, that Bioware should look into, but so far, nothing has been done.

foxmob
09.06.2013 , 08:22 PM | #5774
Quote: Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
I agree, its a game, it should be fun. However, splitting queues will do nothing but create outrageous queue times the like of which we see on the PvE side as DPS. Plenty of better solutions have been proposed in this thread, that Bioware should look into, but so far, nothing has been done.
no. that's a completely different kind of queue that matches teams based on role. a separate solo queue would have absolutely nothing to do with the problems dps have in pve grp finder. there are other issues. just saying this isn't one of them. but that is an issue solo rated queues will face in 2.4 because that is based on role.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Ravenschild
09.07.2013 , 04:31 AM | #5775
A simple solution is to apply the same limits to non ranked in 2.4 that is currently applied. I.E. you cant currently group queue with the same amount of players you need for ranked. You can only do so with 50% of that. Currently that means 4 people. If they implemented this they could set it so only 2 folks could be grouped together in a reg wz once 2.4 hits. That or just get rid of grouped outside of ranked once 2.4 hits and level the playing field. I've been on both sides of this as I play both imp and pub in pvp. On my server the imps tend to run grouped by guild and the better guilds use TS,vent or mumble. The pubs dont do this nearly as much and typically when facing such its a rollover most of the time as its PUG city on the pubside in pvp. And yes as a result less people are queuing pubside. If people want to group in groups of 4 then let them do ranked once 2.4 comes out. I mean are they really going to complain that they are getting more comms when forced to go ranked when they group in a 4 man? I somehow think not and with it being 4v4 its not all that difficult to find 8 people.
Never annoy the DM. They have friends in both low and high places.
Ravnn (Sniper) | Culainn (Commando) | Cintas (Mercenary)| Sodomos (Assassin)| No-Name (Gunslinger)| Fios (Sorcerer)| Hemr'roids (Juggernaut)
Begeren Colony

Crawelc
09.07.2013 , 06:22 AM | #5776
Get off my lawn.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

UncelSam
09.14.2013 , 04:30 PM | #5777
update 2.4 didnt change a thing.

Premades still the major reason for ppl quitting in WZs

Raazmir
09.14.2013 , 05:13 PM | #5778
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post

A complete lack of fortitude still the major reason for ppl quitting in WZs
FTFY

Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

cashogy_reborn
09.14.2013 , 06:39 PM | #5779
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post

Premades still the major reason for ppl quitting in WZs
You are a putz
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

UncelSam
09.15.2013 , 03:00 AM | #5780
The premades are still ruining the whole WZ experiance.

Theres not a single chance in hell a PUG team can beat a premade team with powerhealers, voice comm, and all the uber gear they got from prior PUG stomping.

The PUG stomping gotta stop. PPl are quitting the game by the day beacuase of this.

This game will be over Before christmas if the premades are not removed.