Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Sharee's Avatar


Sharee
09.02.2013 , 02:40 AM | #5731
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
There is a reason the devs did not ever post here; do you really think they would take any kind of step to discouraging group in an *MMO*?
They just implemented a *SOLO* ranked queue for arenas. Kinda flies in the face of your 'they wouldnt take any kind of steps to discourage group' argument, doesn't it?

Aehgo's Avatar


Aehgo
09.02.2013 , 02:55 AM | #5732
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
They just implemented a *SOLO* ranked queue for arenas. Kinda flies in the face of your 'they wouldnt take any kind of steps to discourage group' argument, doesn't it?
Just to keep all the scrubs that wouldn't get into a decent ranked arena team happy imo.
Jenkyns The Vanguard
Free Character transfer >> http://www.swtor.com/r/mmHPGX


TOFN

WarriorOfVirtue's Avatar


WarriorOfVirtue
09.02.2013 , 04:48 AM | #5733
IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Bioware makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?

Before starting a WZ we are given about 1 minute 30 secs which is not enough time to have everyone in a pug get into vent, TS or any of the other softwares used to communicate with other people.

IMO, making it so that premades are broken up by the game and made into real pugs will bring back some balance to WZs.

I have also noticed that many times when starting a WZ the groups are uneven, such as 6 and even 5 (Reps mostly) vs 8 Imperials and have seen entire WZ with this sort of uneven players which of course makes the group with 8 players win all the time. Why is this allowed? Just having one more player in a team than the opposing team gives an advantage, unless that player is really bad.

MitchPB's Avatar


MitchPB
09.02.2013 , 02:50 PM | #5734
Quote: Originally Posted by WarriorOfVirtue View Post
IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Blizzard makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?

Before starting a WZ we are given about 1 minute 30 secs which is not enough time to have everyone in a pug get into vent, TS or any of the other softwares used to communicate with other people.

IMO, making it so that premades are broken up by the game and made into real pugs will bring back some balance to WZs.

I have also noticed that many times when starting a WZ the groups are uneven, such as 6 and even 5 (Reps mostly) vs 8 Imperials and have seen entire WZ with this sort of uneven players which of course makes the group with 8 players win all the time. Why is this allowed? Just having one more player in a team than the opposing team gives an advantage, unless that player is really bad.
I stopped reading at the word 'Blizzard'
<BOG> | <Concept>

Groncho's Avatar


Groncho
09.02.2013 , 02:55 PM | #5735
Quote: Originally Posted by WarriorOfVirtue View Post
IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Blizzard makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?

Before starting a WZ we are given about 1 minute 30 secs which is not enough time to have everyone in a pug get into vent, TS or any of the other softwares used to communicate with other people.

IMO, making it so that premades are broken up by the game and made into real pugs will bring back some balance to WZs.

I have also noticed that many times when starting a WZ the groups are uneven, such as 6 and even 5 (Reps mostly) vs 8 Imperials and have seen entire WZ with this sort of uneven players which of course makes the group with 8 players win all the time. Why is this allowed? Just having one more player in a team than the opposing team gives an advantage, unless that player is really bad.
I stop reading after "IMO"
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

maverickmatt's Avatar


maverickmatt
09.02.2013 , 03:07 PM | #5736
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
I stop reading after "IMO"
I stopped reading after "Groncho"

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
09.02.2013 , 03:09 PM | #5737
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
I stopped reading after "Groncho"
I stopped reading after "quote"


Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

WarriorOfVirtue's Avatar


WarriorOfVirtue
09.02.2013 , 08:15 PM | #5738
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
I stopped reading at the word 'Blizzard'
You know I meant Bioware, was reading other posts and there was mention of Blizzard so I made a mistake in my response... Anyway, my post was not for jerks but for people who understand and respect that others can have a different opinion, and know the world doesn't revolve around them. It is obvious in what group you, and some others like you fall in.

Arkerus's Avatar


Arkerus
09.03.2013 , 06:35 AM | #5739
Quote: Originally Posted by Aehgo View Post
Just to keep all the scrubs that wouldn't get into a decent ranked arena team happy imo.
Because everyone who logs on and wants to just run a couple arenas and log off is bad because they can't find a team?

Sure buddy.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Exly's Avatar


Exly
09.03.2013 , 08:33 AM | #5740
Quote: Originally Posted by WarriorOfVirtue View Post
IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Bioware makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?
I disagree with this. I think that if people want to group up with their friends to play, that you should be able to, and should not be broken up by the game. I also believe that they in the absence of a robust match making system, and a few other game enhancements, that there should be separate queues for solo and group players.