Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cycao
07.30.2013 , 01:43 PM | #5691
Quote: Originally Posted by SWaotc View Post
No evidence huh? I was just on a team that did that very thing, and do so on a regular basis. Why? because I can I suppose and I know for a fact that there are a great many others of the same mind.

I agree that players need to learn about WZ but disagree that stomping them continuously will make that happen in anyway shape or form.
So you queue up to play TDM?

I have never seen a premade/guild who's sole purpose in life is to queue for regs and crush poor little pugs. Most want to win and to win in this game is to work as a team to control objectives while maintaining the ability to dps/heal/tank.

Pyrinoos
07.30.2013 , 01:44 PM | #5692
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
The easiest way is for bads to stop being bad, players to care enough about PvP to actually showup with the minimum requirements as dictated by the designers, and have a clue about what's going on. No design change required.

I know, its too much to ask isn't it.?...
I know right, and to be honest I'm getting sick and tired of it. The Pver's can make a "wierd people you meet in groupfinder" thread and it's hilarious, but pvpers have to put up with and accommodate those same idiots...
Make bolster for them, add solo only que for them, nerf all classes into oblivion for them. It gets old.

Why isn't the FP/OP forum full of posts calling for a solo only group finder que?
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

mulzii
07.30.2013 , 01:44 PM | #5693
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I think enough evidence points to there being advantages for being grouped and using VoIP but you make it sound like these advantages are insurmountable. We all know group comp matters, if it didn't than all specs/comps would be excepted in ranked. We all know that having someone call out targets for focus helps. What we (the ones who both group and solo) know is that we don't need to rely on these when grouped with pugs.

It's not hard to call out anything in a warzone like incomings, or target star or hilt. Its not terribly hard to see someone beating on a healer that if you help out it increases the chance of bringing that target down. Also if you PvP often enough you will start to notice who the heavy hitters are for both healing and dealing damage so its never a bad idea to use ''acquire targets target" to help with focus fire and help peel for healers so they can do their jobs.

We don't say there is no advantage, but you and others think that with these advantages and when faced with a premade that it will be a loss every single time.
Good points, but its still much much easier to call focus on a healer in voice chat, especially when there are more than 1 healer marked (as is the case lately), which one to focus first, etc. But the other big aspect of voice comm is coordianting ccs and interupts.

cycao
07.30.2013 , 01:48 PM | #5694
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
Good points, but its still much much easier to call focus on a healer in voice chat, especially when there are more than 1 healer marked (as is the case lately), which one to focus first, etc. But the other big aspect of voice comm is coordianting ccs and interupts.
Yeah I'm definitely not trying to say no advantages, they are there but anyone can over come them it just takes a few keystrokes and a brain.

I agree with you 100% on your last point about using CC's and interrupting caps/healers.

Pyrinoos
07.30.2013 , 01:56 PM | #5695
Yeah I'm definitely not trying to say no advantages, they are there but anyone can over come them it just takes a few keystrokes and a brain.

I agree with you 100% on your last point about using CC's and interrupting caps/healers.
It's true, but how often do the majority of premade groups on comms do that in regs?
It just usually doesn't require that much effort because there is no matchmaking.

I couldn't even began to count the # of 6-0 huttballs I've won while grouped up and in voice chat and no one even said a word on comms. Why, because the opposition was so bad there's really nothing to say. Everyone already knows what to do and just does it, and the other team does nothing to stop it.
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

SWaotc
07.30.2013 , 01:56 PM | #5696
So you queue up to play TDM?

I have never seen a premade/guild who's sole purpose in life is to queue for regs and crush poor little pugs. Most want to win and to win in this game is to work as a team to control objectives while maintaining the ability to dps/heal/tank.
Your the official spokesperson for the majority? sure.

I never said I don't hit objectives?.

cycao
07.30.2013 , 02:02 PM | #5697
Quote: Originally Posted by SWaotc View Post
Your the official spokesperson for the majority? sure.

I never said I don't hit objectives?.
I should be the official spokesperson for the majority.

I hope I can count on your vote.

cycao
07.30.2013 , 02:04 PM | #5698
Quote: Originally Posted by Pyrinoos View Post
It's true, but how often do the majority of premade groups on comms do that in regs?
It just usually doesn't require that much effort because there is no matchmaking.

I couldn't even began to count the # of 6-0 huttballs I've won while grouped up and in voice chat and no one even said a word on comms. Why, because the opposition was so bad there's really nothing to say. Everyone already knows what to do and just does it, and the other team does nothing to stop it.
I get into vent maybe half the time when grouped. I like to jam when I put myself in the right state of mind after work. When I am in vent its maybe 95% BS with my friends and 5% things relevant to the warzone we're in.

This is why matchmaking is the best option for this game. I just cant wrap my head around why people are against it.

Carter_Mathis
07.30.2013 , 02:15 PM | #5699
I'm iffy about implementation of a matchmaking system just because of possible adverse effects that it could have on low pvp pop servers. Ex. Jedi Covenant is a very high pop server, but no longer has many notable players online until peak time. If a numeric matchmaking system were to be implemented, I'd be afraid that I'd be sitting in queue for half an hour waiting for 16 of the 30 good players on the server who could achieve a decent rating to log in.

I may actually start underperforming on 1 of my toons just to get reliable pops

cycao
07.30.2013 , 02:28 PM | #5700
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I'm iffy about implementation of a matchmaking system just because of possible adverse effects that it could have on low pvp pop servers. Ex. Jedi Covenant is a very high pop server, but no longer has many notable players online until peak time. If a numeric matchmaking system were to be implemented, I'd be afraid that I'd be sitting in queue for half an hour waiting for 16 of the 30 good players on the server who could achieve a decent rating to log in.

If you have 8 players ranked with an A grade and 8 players ranked as a D grade it wouldn't put all A's against the D's it would split in up half and half. Now obviously the goal would be to have 8 A's face the same grading but you get the idea.

I may actually start underperforming on 1 of my toons just to get reliable pops
lets just say there are only 16 players online who are intending to queue. If the player ratings were all over the place they would still all be placed in the warzone. If the population doesn't support it at every moment queues would not fail to pop like you would have with solo only and group only queues.

But honestly most of the community queues after work/school and random times during weekends and that's when the system would be at its strongest.