Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

UncelSam
07.24.2013 , 12:07 PM | #5391
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Aren't healers, tanks, and assisting Dps other players?

So Premades are cowards because they expect other players to be doing their jobs (the other players jobs)?

So as a PuG you should;

if someone tries to heal you should you run away cause real PvP'ers don't use healers?

If someone else puts a guard on you, you should click it off cause real PvP'ers don't use tanks?

And if someone attacks the same target as you, you should switch targets cause real PvP'ers don't let others assist them in Dps?
Premades can go face other premades and let us "noobs" do our fights without you, premades. Or you too afraid of faceing your own kind? I have no probs with ppl helping out, but go ight your own kind if you Think its so fun

cycao
07.24.2013 , 12:08 PM | #5392
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Being boxed-in with 8 vs 8 players in a small room-sized arena is just bad for any pvp that wants to relay on tactics to compensate for unbalanced Power between the teams. I didnt know I had to explain this for such experianced pvpers as you guys.
So your complaint has more to do with the size of the 8v8 warzones? And that relying on tactics is compensation for an unbalance of power between the two teams?

Yep. Very stupid and not a troll.

I literally have no clue what you are complaining about at this point.

UncelSam
07.24.2013 , 12:11 PM | #5393
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
So your complaint has more to do with the size of the 8v8 warzones? And that relying on tactics is compensation for an unbalance of power between the two teams?

Yep. Very stupid and not a troll.

I literally have no clue what you are complaining about at this point.
Guess it Went over your lil head. Cant help you there.

cycao
07.24.2013 , 12:14 PM | #5394
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post

Someone said it earlier. Matchmaking is a pie in the sky.

Sure, it's a more comprehensive system. But it's costly, and complicated.

Let's not forget that this is a business, and there are a few things businesses take into account before changing how they do something:
  • Simplicity
  • Ease of Implementation
  • Cost Effectiveness

I can't argue that matchmaking isn't a more comprehensive system, but I can argue that from EA's perspective it is not the better choice. We know their record. We know what motivates them.

If they change it at all (don't hold your breath), they will split the queues. If I am wrong, I will gladly bow at your feet and send you a gift basket full of Cool Ranch Doritos and Taco Bell gift cards. For now, though, economics and business management take precedence over idealism.
I will admit I know nothing about coding and implementing such systems into a game but they already track wins/losses and rating for ranked as well as individual stats for after each warzone. It seems that they have tools in place they just need to put them to work.

I just cant get my head around the idea that splitting the queues will solve anything. You are still going to have an imbalance of teams in terms of composition and a wide skill gap between a solo only and group only queue.

Both ideas wont work 100% but I strongly feel that if everyone was placed into a warzone based on their own skill level that everyone would have a more enjoyable time.

Doomsdaycomes
07.24.2013 , 12:14 PM | #5395

• Simplicity
  • Ease of Implementation
  • Cost Effectiveness
I'm going to focus on part 2 and 3 there.

Ease of Implementation: There is already a ranking system in the game, whether poor or not. All that needs to happen is for it to apply to all matches, and be "invisible" for non-ranked.

As for how easy or difficult it is to tell the game to sort 16 people rather than toss them in first come, first serve... it's not rocket science, and it's been done in many, many games across many, many genres.

Cost Effectiveness: There is 1 example of the split queue's model, and it's numbers/effectiveness is not made public because Rift is not publicly traded. For all we know, implementing the "simple fix" could mean an immediate loss of every grouped player in the game, while even if matchmaking is ineffective the game will simple bleed PvP subs as it has at it's current rate.

I'm sorry Maverick, but the "Matchmaking is too hard/complex" argument doesn't hold water. It would also be simpler and easy to implement if Bioware just put out a statement: "Grouping is expected, deal with it." But I think we can all agree the cost of that is likely to be extremely high.
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

cycao
07.24.2013 , 12:15 PM | #5396
Guess it Went over your lil head. Cant help you there.
You could start by laying out your arguments into reasonable thoughts and using proper punctuation and grammar.

Doomsdaycomes
07.24.2013 , 12:16 PM | #5397
Premades can go face other premades and let us "noobs" do our fights without you, premades. Or you too afraid of faceing your own kind? I have no probs with ppl helping out, but go ight your own kind if you Think its so fun
You haven't listen to a word in this forum. Enjoy my ignore list.

Seriously, I just un-ignored Tridus for not trolling, an you turn around and start? Grow up.
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

cycao
07.24.2013 , 12:17 PM | #5398
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
You haven't listen to a word in this forum. Enjoy my ignore list.

Seriously, I just un-ignored Tridus for not trolling, an you turn around and start? Grow up.
Yeah tridus actually gave me what I would call an apology. Props to him on that.

UncelSam
07.24.2013 , 12:26 PM | #5399
Why not remove PUGs instead? Make all teams be Premade, so all teams has a perfect balance of healers, tanks and dps?

(I suppose premade players will oppese this aswell, since they want to keep thier PUG stomping)

cashogy_reborn
07.24.2013 , 12:29 PM | #5400

Sure, it's a more comprehensive system. But it's costly, and complicated.

Let's not forget that this is a business, and there are a few things businesses take into account before changing how they do something:
  • Simplicity
  • Ease of Implementation
  • Cost Effectiveness

I can't argue that matchmaking isn't a more comprehensive system, but I can argue that from EA's perspective it is not the better choice. We know their record. We know what motivates them.

If they change it at all (don't hold your breath), they will split the queues. If I am wrong, I will gladly bow at your feet and send you a gift basket full of Cool Ranch Doritos and Taco Bell gift cards. For now, though, economics and business management take precedence over idealism.
if im able to make an algortihm on my own in a few hours, what would stop an actual qualified developer from coming up with one, and then adding into the queue code?

granted i am not a programmer, but i have some limited experience with it. and i highly doubt that a matchmaking system would be either costly or time consuming to create.

take the RWZ system for example. it already has a rating system in place. the only needed change would require the queue to be changed from first-come-first-served to a system that seeks to match you with similarly ranked teams, slowly expands the search criteria until X time is reached and then it reverts to first-come-first served.

ffs, i spent a few hours with an excel spreadsheet and made an algorithm that would actually work. what makes you think that a qualified developer would require excessive time and funding to perform the same task?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads