Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
11.08.2012 , 05:32 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
no It has to do with adapting with what you get. Sorry to say it's hard to adapt in a couple of mins with a random group then it is when you play with the same people 5 hours a day everyday. take your avg PUG's put them in a group with a set up Just like eavery other premade and let them play together for hours and days and months and see what happens. PUG's do not want to be restricted to playing a game they "PAY" for because a smaller % of elitiest say so. It's my money I will play the game I am spending it on how I want to and it's a reasonable request for me to play with like minded individuals, just as it's reasonable to request that the elities who look down on us because it's harder to adapt in a couple of mins and then have to do it agaian and again go have fun and play with other premades. As I have pointed out over and over and posed this question andnever gotten a single response. Because in reality it comes down to..

WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF PLAYING AGAINST OTHER PREMADES?
It pretty much comes down to this. They will tell you to leave the game and then go on to say how queue's are slow. That's the type of person you are trying to debate, so logic or any reasonable response is forfeit.

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 05:40 PM | #532
[QUOTE=Doomsdaycomes;5383702]I only quote this one line because the rest of it is a bunch of babble mounting up to "Don't tell me how to play, but lemme win!" <.< Or should I call up the Dev's of Gears of War, because Nightmare mode in Campaign mode is a *****. Sure I could switch to easy mode, but how the hell am I suppose to get the Nightmare achievement? I pay for this *&#$#ing game, so GIMME MY NIGHTMARE ACHIEVEMENT!
QUOTE]

You just refuse to accept the fact that if you actually left your premade group for a couple of days and got smoked all the time you would understand it takes a higher caliber player to go in with nothing adapt to it and win.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.08.2012 , 05:44 PM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
Which has nothing to do with what is being said. I find the lack of reading comprehension disturbing in this community. What's being said is "you shouldn't be penalized for playing a game you pay for they way you want to play it." No one should be forced to have to make a premade to gear up and have fun. Last I checked PVP was 8 vs 8 that sounds like 2 groups to me....
Other players shouldn't be penalized with longer queue times because you don't make friends or join a guild.

The developers shouldn't be penalized into changing game design because you don't like it the way it's currently designed.

And you aren't forced to do anything, everything you have done has been by choice.

1. You chose to purchase this game
2. You chose to install this game
3. You chose to subscribe to it's monthly fees
4. You choose to play this game
5. You choose to not group up

If someone is forcing you to do any of these things... please give them my address. I would love to have a valid excuse to miss work because someone is holding a gun to my head and forcing me to play video games.

Zhaker's Avatar


Zhaker
11.08.2012 , 05:45 PM | #534
So all you premade whiners are wanting some chance to win. This is just an endless cycle of stupidity.

But yet you claim that BW needs to address this chance to win?

So the suggestions so far:

- Premade has to fight Premades only. Which will just drive it down and force premades to solo queue and click on the same time to act like a premade.

- Premade not allowed to queue for WZ, which will alone be the same **** again.

- Some hidden matchmaking for PuG WZ, which will work but gets complicated for Premades and non premades.

- More 50 tiers, yea that will drive up queue times wont it, funny how the 10-49 people are complaining about the twinks and **** from the 40's. And people want more tiers there too. When the server is not big enough to support multiple tiers at this time.

The queue for WZ is working correctly, I'm tired of BW needing to "fix" something that isn't broken, but instead of trying to make a group you want BW to force you to make a group that is somehow fair, when there are OTHER issues for PvP that need to be addressed. You want to force BW to add another useless feature which will drive people out of the game because of the random ****.

You people think that more ppl will do WZ cause its fair, I call BS because all this will do is force people to be able to premade by some abuse of the system. People whinge about losing and will quit, because they will just suck and not put effort into it. Stop trying to get BW to fix the PuG problem, this is a RPG MMO not a FPS COD game.

If you people want fun, play the game to the fullest or play something else, its annoying for BW to keep bending rules and fixing **** and making the game more unfun every new patch. It's up to the point that all you people will do is whinge about everything and anything. Nobody sits down to work out strats or anything, just blackmail BW about losing subscription numbers if they dont fix this irrelevant issue.

salaryman's Avatar


salaryman
11.08.2012 , 05:47 PM | #535
In the same way that being unemployed and having no life shouldn't be a requirement to play WZs competitively (grinding your way to full WH--just so you can be on a level playing field gear wise), having to be in a guild, let alone an active PvP guild with 3+ players on the same time as you shouldn't be a a requirement to play WZs.

The fact that WZs are completely broken in SWTOR is not up for debate, and hasn't been for a long time. The only ongoing debate at this point is how & when EA/BW plan to fix it.

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 05:48 PM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
It pretty much comes down to this. They will tell you to leave the game and then go on to say how queue's are slow. That's the type of person you are trying to debate, so logic or any reasonable response is forfeit.
Exactly they know there are nore PUG's out in the world then their are premades. I assume and this is only an assumption baised upon reading. The premades tend to all drift to either the Republic or the Empire depending on the server. But its the PUG's fault for this right? I have read countless posts about people rerolling to the other side because it's so one sided. As I said once..

It's a higher % to beat a PUG then it is to beat a premade, and the premades (made up of the elitiest, that want to stay in there own clique) find it easier to gear up their 8th char doing this rather then having to fight another premade group. Premades get an easy mode but claim a PUG vs PUG is an easy mode?

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #537
[QUOTE=Muramxx;5383738]
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I only quote this one line because the rest of it is a bunch of babble mounting up to "Don't tell me how to play, but lemme win!" <.< Or should I call up the Dev's of Gears of War, because Nightmare mode in Campaign mode is a *****. Sure I could switch to easy mode, but how the hell am I suppose to get the Nightmare achievement? I pay for this *&#$#ing game, so GIMME MY NIGHTMARE ACHIEVEMENT!
QUOTE]

You just refuse to accept the fact that if you actually left your premade group for a couple of days and got smoked all the time you would understand it takes a higher caliber player to go in with nothing adapt to it and win.
Please meet my BM sniper, Serriah and my Recruit Sin, Alexisia.

These poor toons have been rolled on the opposite side of my new main, and I simply do not have the time or will to find a proper home for them. Sierrah's guild is fun but small and her dailies are often done solo. Alexisia's guild is dead, and she must do her dailies alone.

But both of them are fairly happy, as they win some, lose some, and don't bother crying because they haven't taken the time to team up with any one. Sierrah's made it to just about full BM now, since her champion gear from pre 1.2 was sub par. Alexisia's lagging behind, but nothing says fun-loving like a pull onto a fire pit!

<.< Just face it, it takes a higher caliber player to admit where they are weak, and takes the steps to make themselves strong.

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The developers shouldn't be penalized into changing game design because you don't like it the way it's currently designed. .

It was designed with a "SOLO" que button last time I logged in it was still there....

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
11.08.2012 , 05:51 PM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
So all you premade whiners are wanting some chance to win. This is just an endless cycle of stupidity.

But yet you claim that BW needs to address this chance to win?

So the suggestions so far:

- Premade has to fight Premades only. Which will just drive it down and force premades to solo queue and click on the same time to act like a premade.

- Premade not allowed to queue for WZ, which will alone be the same **** again.

- Some hidden matchmaking for PuG WZ, which will work but gets complicated for Premades and non premades.

- More 50 tiers, yea that will drive up queue times wont it, funny how the 10-49 people are complaining about the twinks and **** from the 40's. And people want more tiers there too. When the server is not big enough to support multiple tiers at this time.

The queue for WZ is working correctly, I'm tired of BW needing to "fix" something that isn't broken, but instead of trying to make a group you want BW to force you to make a group that is somehow fair, when there are OTHER issues for PvP that need to be addressed. You want to force BW to add another useless feature which will drive people out of the game because of the random ****.

You people think that more ppl will do WZ cause its fair, I call BS because all this will do is force people to be able to premade by some abuse of the system. People whinge about losing and will quit, because they will just suck and not put effort into it. Stop trying to get BW to fix the PuG problem, this is a RPG MMO not a FPS COD game.

If you people want fun, play the game to the fullest or play something else, its annoying for BW to keep bending rules and fixing **** and making the game more unfun every new patch. It's up to the point that all you people will do is whinge about everything and anything. Nobody sits down to work out strats or anything, just blackmail BW about losing subscription numbers if they dont fix this irrelevant issue.
I bolded the two parts of what you said since you pretty much defeated everything you said with your own words. Good work on that.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.08.2012 , 05:53 PM | #540
Quote: Originally Posted by salaryman View Post
In the same way that being unemployed and having no life shouldn't be a requirement to play WZs competitively (grinding your way to full WH--just so you can be on a level playing field gear wise), having to be in a guild, let alone an active PvP guild with 3+ players on the same time as you shouldn't be a a requirement to play WZs.
.
It's not. I have a 40 hour a week job, 2 weekly commitments, an SO whom plays another game with me, and a 3 hour commute each day.

All you have mentioned is -not- a requirement to play i a wz, hence the solo queue.

If you choose not to get involved, then accept you will lose more than win, but no one is stopping you from playing.