Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

feuer
07.18.2013 , 01:04 PM | #5021
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
On a related note to the Blizzard discussion...

This: Blizzard Takes a Stand Against...

and the source: Dev Post

are dated December 5th and 4th, 2012 accordingly.

This: Blizzard lost 1.3 subscribers in the last 3 months

is dated May 5th, 2013 and references the report for the first quarter (which if I'm not mistaken is the quarter that starts around/shortly after New Year).

It reads that WoW has lost 4 mill subscribers over the past 2 years, and 1.3 mil in the last 3 months (that's 25% of their lost subs in a 3 month span).

Now I know this is making a little inference but... What "big" change was made 3-4 months prior to that sudden mass exodus?
youre right ! since there still isnt a queue only for pugs in wow, those pugs must have ragequit.
i▀iζζiζζiζζiζζii7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Jadescythe
07.18.2013 , 01:06 PM | #5022
Quote: Originally Posted by otherworlder View Post
I point out again that both of these arguments are highly flawed. Neither has a place in this argument because everyone is entitled to have fun PvPing the way they want to.
I agree with quite a bit of what you've said, but this statement is false and being proven by many people in this thread. No one is entitled to have fun PvPing the way they want to. By your own definition, those who enjoy solo queuing should have to face premades (their preferred way to play).

Ultimately, people have fun when they feel like they can win. We all agree that the randomness right now is not enjoyable, but the finger is pointed at those who choose to make the matches less random as the problem. It's a solution to the problem of people being less skilled than others that is presented in the current system. If I'm good and I keep getting put on teams with players far below my skill level, then I will do what I can to get better players on my team. If your preferred way to have fun is to not group, then you can't really complain that your random teammates aren't good enough to beat the other team.

I'd love to have a queue for every desire in the game, but the simple fact is that this is not WoW. If we lost 1.5 million subs in 5 months, SWTOR would have -1 million subs. Since solo queue is not an option that resolves the random aspect of warzones, you would still have good teams facing bad teams in both queues. It solves a very small part of the overall root issue. Which is why the majority of us are against using it to band-aid the issue.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

TridusSWTOR
07.18.2013 , 01:07 PM | #5023
Again disagree once more.

The group player is telling the PuG to group to win (or have fun, though fun is subjective.) The group player is quite happy and has already made the effort to do "something" beyond hitting the queue button to win.

The PuG is the unhappy one. He tells the group player "Go do more effort than you already have, to play somewhere else so I can have my win/fun."

Very different statements. A is telling B to work harder to have their (B's) own win/fun/whatever while the other is B telling A to work harder so they (B) can have their (B's) win/fun/whatever.

We do agree (and this is a place I've particularly grown myself) that neither really solves anything.
The amount of bias reeks so bad with this post. It's almost hilarious.

I do feel kinda sad though for how far he has to reach to try to justify wanted lopsided matches.

Doomsdaycomes
07.18.2013 , 01:16 PM | #5024
Come on; this is silly and you're reaching. The only thing that is immediately, obviously accurate in your post is that you're making an inference. And it's not a little one, it's a huge one.
Is it really?

I'll admit, it's one of those things we don't know without data we don't have (sounds familiar), but it certainly seems fishy!

Can you name any other big change that came out that recently? Something changed, if we were going by previous data 3 months should have only been a loss of 385k, ( 3months * ((4mil-1.3mil) / (24 months-3months)) ), not a whooping 1.3 mil!

So...

Something changed in the last 3-4 months, that change must have been bad as we saw nearly 4 times the population decay. I got it, it was Terrorists!

Point is, if you can point to Blizzard and say "They do smart stuff" I can point to it and say "Someone ****ed up."
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

Doomsdaycomes
07.18.2013 , 01:18 PM | #5025
Quote: Originally Posted by feuer View Post
youre right ! since there still isnt a queue only for pugs in wow, those pugs must have ragequit.
Or... <.< the projected change is already having an effect. Let's face it, Dev comes in bad-mouthing a percentage of their player base, tells people they've got this change planned (that is inferior to other options and fails to address the root problem), it hits the internetz.

doesn't take a genius to think somethings fishy.
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

Doomsdaycomes
07.18.2013 , 01:22 PM | #5026
A matchmaking system would only accomplish what you suggest if there were a population pool big enough to discriminate. On all but probably 2 servers, there is not. So again, what you are suggesting is a retention of the status quo; a solution that will change nothing and still favor the pugstompers.
Population stats (and population stats of PvP'ers) or the above is an unfounded statement. Matchmaking doesn't "divide" a population, it sorts it.

Split queue's divide the population (making it smaller).

If matchmaking doesn't work, neither does split queues. Really, really simple.

Jadescythe
07.18.2013 , 01:25 PM | #5027
Is it really?

I'll admit, it's one of those things we don't know without data we don't have (sounds familiar), but it certainly seems fishy!

Can you name any other big change that came out that recently? Something changed, if we were going by previous data 3 months should have only been a loss of 385k, ( 3months * ((4mil-1.3mil) / (24 months-3months)) ), not a whooping 1.3 mil!

So...

Something changed in the last 3-4 months, that change must have been bad as we saw nearly 4 times the population decay. I got it, it was Terrorists!

Point is, if you can point to Blizzard and say "They do smart stuff" I can point to it and say "Someone ****ed up."
Honestly, they had an expac come out. Now they're bored and leaving until the next one.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

DimeStax
07.18.2013 , 01:29 PM | #5028
A matchmaking system would only accomplish what you suggest if there were a population pool big enough to discriminate. On all but probably 2 servers, there is not. So again, what you are suggesting is a retention of the status quo; a solution that will change nothing and still favor the pugstompers.
If match-making won't fix it, solo-quing won't either because if a match-maker couldn't divide teams evenly, then there is no way a random solo-que can either. I'm guessing none of you guys played during SWTOR launch when on 90% of the servers the Imperials out-numbered Republic 3 or 4 to 1, and because of sheer volume they had more skilled players than Republic. If you played Republic you were lucky to win 1 or 2 WZ matches a day. When a game has 2 separate factions, solo-que does not mean that skill has a chance of being divided evenly between two teams. There will be periods of time when only bad players from Republic are queing and only good players from the Imps are queing, and those players will never be put ont he same team (because they are on different factions).
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Doomsdaycomes
07.18.2013 , 01:32 PM | #5029
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Honestly, they had an expac come out. Now they're bored and leaving until the next one.
The above may be true.

Just commenting on the suspiciously well placed timing of Blizzards "stand against evil Premades" and the spike in dropped subs.

But ya know, Pirates stop Global Warming and all.

feuer
07.18.2013 , 01:33 PM | #5030
Or... <.< the projected change is already having an effect. Let's face it, Dev comes in bad-mouthing a percentage of their player base, tells people they've got this change planned (that is inferior to other options and fails to address the root problem), it hits the internetz.

doesn't take a genius to think somethings fishy.
very biased indeed. you were hoping people would assume its due to that feature, being already implemented .-)
i▀iζζiζζiζζiζζii7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)