Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Zhaker's Avatar


Zhaker
11.07.2012 , 07:33 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Centures View Post
Wrong

Seriously?

So solo players should be ignored?

Thats why populations are dwindling

You selfish nerd chick less wonders don't care

You probably quit your job so you could feel part of a group
Wow ok, so we should conform the ENTIRE game to force everyone to be solo so that we can get somehow an even game which is hard to really make especially with all the skill level sets in the server. And even gear and **** and somehow match make the impossible?

Or you can improve and group with others and play WZ?

So which do you think sounds simpler to do?

People like you are the reasons why people get pissed off at WZ, your lack of effort is what pisses off people. Imagine you did that on an OPS or FPS and causes endless amount of wipes, you think that people like to have you back?

Why you at it why dont you ask Bioware to make you a sandwich too?

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.07.2012 , 07:48 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
Wow ok, so we should conform the ENTIRE game to force everyone to be solo so that we can get somehow an even game which is hard to really make especially with all the skill level sets in the server. And even gear and **** and somehow match make the impossible?

Or you can improve and group with others and play WZ?

So which do you think sounds simpler to do?

People like you are the reasons why people get pissed off at WZ, your lack of effort is what pisses off people. Imagine you did that on an OPS or FPS and causes endless amount of wipes, you think that people like to have you back?

Why you at it why dont you ask Bioware to make you a sandwich too?
You basicly just said what he said just the opposite.... You don;t want the game to conform to Solo people yet you think it should conform to groupers only??? Why not to some place in between?

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.07.2012 , 07:51 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
I've kept the relevant text: I may have misunderstood, but can I check this?

Your complaint is with premades in sub50 warzones?

Whether or not they're a real problem in 50pvp, I don't think that premades in sub50 are really a general source of concern. In my experience, there aren't enough of them to be problem. I can't remember seeing any, though most of my PvP *is* at 50.
You did a pretty good job of picking what you wanted to hear out of the post and ignoring the rest of it wtg.... your point is irrelevant.

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.07.2012 , 10:00 PM | #494
@Wainamoinen

I assure you its flurishing in the sub 50 as well. If you read through the forums you can find a lot of random posts with people mentioning they use PVP just to level (does the story line and same quests on your 8th char keep the general player interested) so to say they rarely group with their 3rd or 4th to 8th alt would be expected I assume. Which would be some complaints from the new to newish people you come to a new mmo you should exect a learning curve, but the pvp curve is out of control. Imagine you are level 15 F2P you click on solo and go into a pvp match and get railed over and over and over and then you find out it's because you have been fighting premades who then tell you make friends. Just saying in reality what are the odds a guy just starting the game is 1) going to stay to help the population out if he hates getting pwned regularly and 2) gets told to make friends as a F2P or paying member that has been playing for 3 weeks. everything I have read say that half the people that do premades on the game wont even look at you unles you "fit" what they need skill, gear, levels. The odds of them staying around with a rude elitist community and getting beat down so much that you don't have a chance or get too frustarted to even stay on long are pretty slim.

Sorry to say but if you want the game to last you need people and chasing them away by crushing them every chance you get because your scared of their being a true "solo" que affecting how long you have to wait for another premade group just compounds the issue already at hand.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.07.2012 , 10:35 PM | #495
Explain:

Why a split solo and group queue is better than a proper matchmaking system?

In essense, isn't a split queue designed to lower the effort a PuG must put in to win?

As a PuG-only queue is an easier, lower form of pvp, are equal rewards really fair?

Why is it hard to make friends?

Zhaker's Avatar


Zhaker
11.07.2012 , 11:05 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
You basicly just said what he said just the opposite.... You don;t want the game to conform to Solo people yet you think it should conform to groupers only??? Why not to some place in between?
*facepalm*

I love how you people take context all the way. Did I say Solo's must die? Did I say you cant solo.

I'm going to say this simply in English because it might be hard for both you and me (2nd Language sorta maybe):

You can solo, but dont cry about losing to a premade. Instead if you want to fight a premade group, play harder, smarter, and better.

Dont put 0 effort against a premade, dont qq over some guy that can snap you. Learn to deal with it. Go FOTM if you must, do something that you enjoy, but dont ruin the enjoyment of others of sloppy, lazy play. I hate it how all you people are asking suggestions to Bioware to do something about it when clearly players CAN do something about it.

Its like me asking Ferrari to give me a F40 because I cant afford it but I want one anyway cause I am making a thread about it.

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
11.07.2012 , 11:32 PM | #497
Seriously people, FTP is coming out. There will be many new 50s and MOST of them will be casuals. I know you can do just fine in pvp with entry gear (I have done it on a bunch of chars) but if you take the average person then they will have a horrible experience.

I am not asking for solo only. Lets just have a system that tries to match premade vs. premade for a few minutes and if it can't then they fight a pug. Also, I want mixed faction when necessary (could still have training or huttball excuse for it) and this way premades will be more likely to face premades.

THIS WOULD NOT INCREASE Q TIMES MUCH AT ALL. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY OR RESPOND TO ME WITH A QUESTION IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME. In fact this would greatly decrease q times over the long run since there wouldn't be as many super pugstomping matches as there are now.

Also, btw the main reasons I want this are ...

1. Keep money coming in for development.

2. I love premading and fighting other premades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hate pugstomping.

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 12:16 AM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
*facepalm*

I love how you people take context all the way. Did I say Solo's must die? Did I say you cant solo.

I'm going to say this simply in English because it might be hard for both you and me (2nd Language sorta maybe):

You can solo, but dont cry about losing to a premade. Instead if you want to fight a premade group, play harder, smarter, and better.

Dont put 0 effort against a premade, dont qq over some guy that can snap you. Learn to deal with it. Go FOTM if you must, do something that you enjoy, but dont ruin the enjoyment of others of sloppy, lazy play. I hate it how all you people are asking suggestions to Bioware to do something about it when clearly players CAN do something about it.

Its like me asking Ferrari to give me a F40 because I cant afford it but I want one anyway cause I am making a thread about it.
Yet again your basically saying people that play solo shouldn't play other that are solo and shouldn't be mad and cry when it takes them 4 times as long to accomplish what it takes a premade group based on the fact they get rolled over 90% which is saying play the way I play or suffer for it.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.08.2012 , 01:14 AM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
Yet again your basically saying people that play solo shouldn't play other that are solo and shouldn't be mad and cry when it takes them 4 times as long to accomplish what it takes a premade group based on the fact they get rolled over 90% which is saying play the way I play or suffer for it.
No, people are saying you can play as you like, but you -have- to understand choosing solo queue is putting less effort into PvP then forming a team and coordinating. If someone beats you, it's because their better. Simple concept.

Now if you want a solo only bracket so you're facing weaker competition (and thus less effort) then your rewards need to be lesser.

OR, as DarthRakia has said (and I agree) you should focus on asking for a better match making system within the current, fully inclusive queue system.

Varinm's Avatar


Varinm
11.08.2012 , 01:54 AM | #500
My two cents:

Game needs a premade-finder. A grouping tool for people that want to PVP as a team. A place for people who don't have tons of guildies available, don't want to spam invites on the fleet, and don't want to get PUG-stomped by bigger guilds.

This way, you can

1) Meet new people without nagging or being nagged.
2) Learn to play as a team and be a little more competitive.
3) Avoid being dropped into losing WZs because somebody quit.
4) Avoid finding yourself in a PUG with that one player that just won't shut up...

This would also facilitate a sense of community, IMO.

Cheers --