Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

foxmob
11.07.2012 , 10:04 AM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
Why que ranked when you can steamroll n00bs and get what you need faster? just need to make 2 buttons one for true solo and 1 for groups unranked.
the ppl saying L2P and go grp yourself seem pretty pompous to me, so there's no love lost there. however, I cannot agree blindly with you here. there's no way that grinding reg comms at, on average, ~90 per WZ is as effective as sucking *** in a rated match and coming away with ~40 rated comms. The only variable that makes rated a slower grind is that ppl don't queue rated, so it doesn't pop nearly as frequently. this is also a major factor for why you find 4 elite players in a reg wz partial premade.

edit: the real joke of the ppl saying "get better" and "go get your own grp" is that the 'good' and/or 'elite' players already team with each other - and won't queue with a lesser player. one doesn't learn much of anything by getting spawn camped and demoralized - except not to queue rated...and then at all.

I'm not saying it should be 'illegal' to grp up. but please drop the elitist attitude about it. you're better. you stack the odds in your favor with more players who are better. don't pretend it's something other than this.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

RyanReagan
11.07.2012 , 10:16 AM | #472
Why que ranked when you can steamroll n00bs and get what you need faster? just need to make 2 buttons one for true solo and 1 for groups unranked.
ranked has ranked comms. if you have multiple teams queueing, you can get gear VERY quickly.

and the thing is. if people only solo queue'd, you would just be complaining about the gear gap anyway.

what you really could use is less excuses and more getting good. somewhere on this board there is a thread about how people do dumb things in warzones and cause you to lose.

you are that guy. all the forum posts, solo queueus and recruit buffs will not save you.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Muramxx
11.07.2012 , 10:21 AM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
the ppl saying L2P and go grp yourself seem pretty pompous to me, so there's no love lost there. however, I cannot agree blindly with you here. there's no way that grinding reg comms at, on average, ~90 per WZ is as effective as sucking *** in a rated match and coming away with ~40 rated comms. The only variable that makes rated a slower grind is that ppl don't queue rated, so it doesn't pop nearly as frequently. this is also a major factor for why you find 4 elite players in a reg wz partial premade.

edit: the real joke of the ppl saying "get better" and "go get your own grp" is that the 'good' and/or 'elite' players already team with each other - and won't queue with a lesser player. one doesn't learn much of anything by getting spawn camped and demoralized - except not to queue rated...and then at all.

I'm not saying it should be 'illegal' to grp up. but please drop the elitist attitude about it. you're better. you stack the odds in your favor with more players who are better. don't pretend it's something other than this.
PVP as a whole needs work but there are smaller steps that can occur in order to move it that direction and like all things it takes time to refine. However doing nothing doesn't help the saying "if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem" applies to this.

Muramxx
11.07.2012 , 10:37 AM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
ranked has ranked comms. if you have multiple teams queueing, you can get gear VERY quickly.

and the thing is. if people only solo queue'd, you would just be complaining about the gear gap anyway.

what you really could use is less excuses and more getting good. somewhere on this board there is a thread about how people do dumb things in warzones and cause you to lose.

you are that guy. all the forum posts, solo queueus and recruit buffs will not save you.
I have yet to once say "skill plays no part at all" or any variation of that. In fact it does play a part. How big of a part is a debatable topic. I am the guy that simple asks where is the gray area that makes most players happy rather then cater to one side or the other. I do premades to a small extent I also do pure PUGs. "How does one get better when they are starting off at a game when they just start haven't really met anyone join a PUG and as soon as they step out of the safe zone they are ***** over and over by a premade group. People don't just "get good" it takes time to be proficient and learn your class. Unlike most I see both sides of the table and realize something needs to be fixed and that fix is not forcing people to play something they are paying for to play in a way they don't want to.

filipesantana
11.07.2012 , 10:46 AM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
How about: Not interested in waiting for others to show up. Solo queue is available right here and now.
that..again, is NOT a good xcuse to WANT to solo queue...its jsut another awkward social freak trying to justify is lack of social skills.....it takes 5-15 mins to get in one rpemade or make your own...if you dont want to wait to amke one then GET STEAMROLLED,its on you....your supose to play in teams..make friends..interact...if you dont then you are on the wrong side and the game wont adapt you..

filipesantana
11.07.2012 , 10:50 AM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
So in order to lower the queue times for PVP and bring back life into the PVP community....you want people to leave the game? Lol
no, i want these socially chalenged freaks to leave, they are not missed and apperently they complain about nonsense stuff.

to be honest those kind of people give me the creeps in real life...they usualy end up liek a psico killer or something...

i do wish they do stay at home for the rest of their lifes...they allready waste to much oxygen by jsut "living" and not interacting with people...look for professional help!

my point: you are supose to interadct with poeple and make freinds and play in group..there are no good xcuses to not want to do it unless you just a freak....if you are , then to bad for you the game is designed for normal people.takes 5 to 10 mins to make a premade or get in one..INVITING 3 FRIENDS TAKES around 30 secs if you have a normal friendlist..

Muramxx
11.07.2012 , 11:00 AM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
that..again, is NOT a good xcuse to WANT to solo queue...its jsut another awkward social freak trying to justify is lack of social skills.....it takes 5-15 mins to get in one rpemade or make your own...if you dont want to wait to amke one then GET STEAMROLLED,its on you....your supose to play in teams..make friends..interact...if you dont then you are on the wrong side and the game wont adapt you..
Actually that's a pretty good excuse I do both group and solo I guess I must be a socially awkward human being right because I have a life outside of a game? Because my family takes precedence over people on a game? Because I have a job to take care of said family and when I come home I want to jump into some action instead of waiting for some friends to get on so I can play 1 or 2 rounds of PVP before I get off of a game and enjoy real life. Or maybe its because i enjoy doing solo games and meeting different people rather then staying with the same clique every day. Yep that makes me a socially awkward freak huh....

HuaRya
11.07.2012 , 11:03 AM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post

Nah, because people we would have a better chance to earn medals and get more comms. The gap in gear would be closed simply by playing more often.

The constant losing to premades prevents the ability to get comms which buy gear. A daily and a weekly simply aren't enough..

But it sounds like you are one of those 'locked at the top tier' so I understand how you want to keep the status quo the way it is.

filipesantana
11.07.2012 , 11:17 AM | #479
Actually that's a pretty good excuse I do both group and solo I guess I must be a socially awkward human being right because I have a life outside of a game? Because my family takes precedence over people on a game? Because I have a job to take care of said family and when I come home I want to jump into some action instead of waiting for some friends to get on so I can play 1 or 2 rounds of PVP before I get off of a game and enjoy real life. Or maybe its because i enjoy doing solo games and meeting different people rather then staying with the same clique every day. Yep that makes me a socially awkward freak huh....
no one said anythign about having a real life...btu then again...if yours doesnt allow you to play for longer then 30 mins then ttoo bad buddy you cant fully take advantage of mmos and you should live with that.

the game cant adapt to people that lack time...mmos are supose to BE about time....(and interacting with others in this case)

in your case it just sucks, but asking for a diferent queue because you dont have time to wait to get 3 people isnt viable..

RyanReagan
11.07.2012 , 11:28 AM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Nah, because people we would have a better chance to earn medals and get more comms. The gap in gear would be closed simply by playing more often.

The constant losing to premades prevents the ability to get comms which buy gear. A daily and a weekly simply aren't enough..

But it sounds like you are one of those 'locked at the top tier' so I understand how you want to keep the status quo the way it is.
you know you still get comms if you lose, right? the difference really is 2 games. You have to do 2 games to get your daily if you are a winner, you have to do 4 games to get your daily if you aren't a winner.

No one is keeping you from gearing up except yourself.

For the record, I solo queue all the time because I tend to fit my gaming into weird time slots that don't always gel with my guild. And, you know what? Some days 4 matches to get my daily.

You know who's fault that is? YOURS.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>