Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Doomsdaycomes
07.11.2013 , 02:25 AM | #4501
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
You premade runners have tried every argument so far. And failed and so does this logistics argument aswell. Back int time you tried to the "I wanna run with my friends"-arguemnt, Now when that failed you try the Logistics argument.

You know what? the logistics work today. We have not to worry about that u say. If we remove all premades from the solo queus they would easily fill up in blocks of 2, 4 ,6 or 8 on the premades queues.

The solo players queues would fill up in single numbers.

Seems your out of arguments. I rest my case, your honor.
He said I failed, must be true.

Tell me brain boy:

How does a group of 3 get to play in a warzone? Having to wait for another group of 3 and a 2-man in queue?

How does a group game get to fill the 1 d/c?

You can't argue math. Keeping the 1's in the 1-4 queue keeps the system inclusive and running smoothly.

So let me put this question to you:

Why are you afraid to let the system match players based on win/loss and/or skill-based ratings? Why do you demand a solo-only option?

Afraid you won't get to feel like a PvP hero or something?
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

Sharee
07.11.2013 , 02:27 AM | #4502
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post

Come back when you can be as reasonable as you usually are.
The example is perfectly reasonable. You just don't want to accept the fact.

How can you compare PuG's who want to play in the regular queue but don't want to play against Groups to kids wanting to do two fundamentally different activities.
I can compare because fundamentally different or not, both cases come down to someone being expected to do something he does not enjoy, in his free time, just so that others can have their fun. That's just wrong, beach or warzone.

Atramar
07.11.2013 , 02:31 AM | #4503
I changed my mind. they should ban premades of more then 2.
Last night I joined a WZ AH with a double 3 man premade, (2dps+tank)*2.
I was only healer, other pug was dps.
you think any of those 2 tanks were guarding? na-a... 1 round 3 man run to pylon, capped it, stayed there for a minute (no enemies), then ALL of them joined middle leaving node unguarded.
I pointed it out that node was unguarded, can someone get it please. no responce...
2 and 3rd round I was forced to go and cap n guard it.... since no one moved their butt from mid... - ofcourse with no healer they got pounded hard...
4rth round it was mercenary dps guarding pylon on the top of it... but since we were losing, it didn't matter anymore.

didn't get guard once....
other team was pugs only...
please introduce win/lose ratio...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Doomsdaycomes
07.11.2013 , 02:31 AM | #4504
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
The example is perfectly reasonable. You just don't want to accept the fact.

I can compare because fundamentally different or not, both cases come down to someone being expected to do something he does not enjoy, in his free time, just so that others can have their fun. That's just wrong, beach or warzone.
I do not enjoy leveling, but I do like playing multiple different classes.

Why should I have to level several toons to play them all at max level? It's my free time, and I pay a Sub. Why should Bioware ask this of me?
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

Sharee
07.11.2013 , 02:38 AM | #4505
I do not enjoy leveling, but I do like playing multiple different classes.

Why should I have to level several toons to play them all at max level? It's my free time, and I pay a Sub. Why should Bioware ask this of me?
Fundamental difference:. In the above, you are not expected to do something you don't enjoy just so that others can have their fun.

Doomsdaycomes
07.11.2013 , 02:42 AM | #4506
Fundamental difference:. In the above, you are not expected to do something you don't enjoy just so that others can have their fun.
Answer the question though. Why does Bioware ask me to level at all, when leveling, grinding, and gearing (to then throw it away next level) is not something I find fun?

Sharee
07.11.2013 , 02:47 AM | #4507
Answer the question though. Why does Bioware ask me to level at all, when leveling, grinding, and gearing (to then throw it away next level) is not something I find fun?
Why should i answer it? Its a completely different topic: one of MMO character-progression mechanic. It's not relevant to the discussion we are having(one players fun being sacrificed for another players fun)

Doomsdaycomes
07.11.2013 , 02:49 AM | #4508
Why should i answer it? Its a completely different topic: one of MMO character-progression mechanic. It's not relevant to the discussion we are having(one players fun being sacrificed for another players fun)
Humor me.

We could get into a discussion about how someone's fun is always going to be ruined in PvP no matter how the system is designed but...

Humor me, answer the question please.

akabane_k
07.11.2013 , 02:51 AM | #4509
I find fighting healers to be unfun, can we have a non-healer queue. I don't want to be subjected to games where no one dies, just so that healers can have their fun. How about a non-smash spec queue, that spec is no fun to fight, i shouldn't be forced to go against it.

Sharee
07.11.2013 , 02:58 AM | #4510
Humor me.

We could get into a discussion about how someone's fun is always going to be ruined in PvP no matter how the system is designed but...

Humor me, answer the question please.
I'm sorry but no. If i wanted to discuss the issue of mmo progression i would have joined a thread on that.
Feel free to start one if leveling truly bothers you that much.