Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

SammuelSK
11.05.2012 , 07:36 PM | #381
I came into this post thinking to answer it one way, continuing to debate you point for point, counter your counters and so on and so forth. But I realised the futility of it, through obstinance or don't know.. some wierd *** form of MMO greed? Neither one will be swayed from your opinions.. so instead I'll say this...

The barrier of entry you are requiring for even the lowest form of PVP is too high. Your rules are the ones that apply to arena based games, and tournement ladders, something that not everyone who plays SWTOR wishes to take part in.

Continue down this path and the game continues to die. I'm a huge fan of SWTOR.. but I can see the writing on the wall as well as anyone else, the game is in BAD shape. Players do not put up with bullsh-- anymore, those years are a decade behind us. They now just leave and Bioware consolidates the servers again and again until furthure development is scraped. Not doom and gloom, just the way EA does business. These guys are notorious for letting unprofitable games die.

The game, as it should be welcomes everyone, and allow those with higher standards to suceed in ranked PVP. The game as is welcomes nobody, chases off existing players and gives what? Cheap laughs to a few?

Either way, get over yourselves dudes. Your fun should not be at the expensive of eight other players.

Scub, lol.. h'ok. Smegheads.
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

Doomsdaycomes
11.05.2012 , 07:55 PM | #382
@Samuel.

<.< so... it's easier to give up on your views (however wrong or right they may be) than to answer one simple question?

Why is it so hard to find 3 players?

((And if you actually read "Playing to Win" by Sirlin, you'd realize I wasn't insulting you with the mention of the word scrub. I was a scrub, I still am in many ways. It is a difficult mentality to break out of. I still feel like calling people "cheats" for popping a warzone medpak right before I would have killed them. But the simple fact remains that there is no code of honor in games, there is no "honorable" or "moral" way to conduct them. If the rules allow, then the player is allowed.)

Rylorn
11.05.2012 , 08:09 PM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
There are not enough players to split up and still have decent queue times. You can tell this by the fact that players are forced to queue for all warzones at once, servers were merged, and all warzones were converted to allow for same faction versus same faction.

Also, the skill gap between various premades is massive. Forcing, simply all groups, no matter how casual, to only fight other groups creates the same problem. Making it random is the fairest way without an ELO system for unranked games that matchmaking could use.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] The Bastion

DarthSabreth
11.05.2012 , 08:53 PM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
I will agree that there should be pug only WZ's but, i think that atleast 2 people should que togather so you can pvp with a friend. i also think that there should be cross server pvp ques.

The problem is the devs do not know how to do either of these things. they need to hire some folks that know how to alow for both of the above.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

SammuelSK
11.05.2012 , 09:12 PM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
@Samuel.

<.< so... it's easier to give up on your views (however wrong or right they may be) than to answer one simple question?

Why is it so hard to find 3 players?
Why is it so hard to find one or two more, or however many you are missing? You repeat your question which I've answer again and again...and then you ignore mine. Round and round and round we go... lol.

Why is it so hard to fill a premade group?

Oh wait.. its not. Love the new tactic by the way! Baiting.. classic!

Edit: And the only thing I gave up on is trying to have an intelligent conversation with you.
We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

MidichIorian
11.05.2012 , 09:17 PM | #386
No, the lack of class balance is ruining nwz'es. The premades are only adding to the problem by stacking certain classes.

Doomsdaycomes
11.05.2012 , 09:24 PM | #387
Quote: Originally Posted by SammuelSK View Post
Why is it so hard to find one or two more, or however many you are missing? You repeat your question which I've answer again and again...and then you ignore mine. Round and round and round we go... lol.

Why is it so hard to fill a premade group?

Oh wait.. its not. Love the new tactic by the way! Baiting.. classic!

Edit: And the only thing I gave up on is trying to have an intelligent conversation with you.
Answer. my. question. please.

Edit: If I've missed the answer, re-answer it please.

SammuelSK
11.05.2012 , 09:24 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
No, the lack of class balance is ruining nwz'es. The premades are only adding to the problem by stacking certain classes.
Its been mentioned already, premades allow groups to stack the "perfect setup", a perfectly random system would actually fix some of the balance issues by mixing the teams up. Yes balance is an issue, a fairly large one. Stuns are another. A premade team stacking so called OP classes, and running a perfect stun situation turns a fairly bad situation into something catastrophic.

SammuelSK
11.05.2012 , 09:25 PM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Answer. my. question. please.
I. have. Answer. Mine. Now.

Why is so hard in your mind for you to fill a RANKED, when you also think pugs should organize themselves?

Doomsdaycomes
11.05.2012 , 09:36 PM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by SammuelSK View Post
I. have. Answer. Mine. Now.
Fine, I'll answer. Then please reanswer mine, as I -apparently- missed it.

Why is it so hard to find 4 more after the orginal 4?

It's a matter of numbers. It's easier to find 1 than 2, it's easier to find 3 than 4, 5 than 6, etc...

Operations groups with any chance of success plan a week or so in advance. They have a raid night, usually on a scheduled day. (Mine's is usually tuesday or saturday).

Between raid nights there are a few PuG ops with mixed success, but little more than 1 or 2 in a week.

In between raids, even top raiders drop into 4-man content, also know as flashpoints.

Now, other issues with ranked aside (no pop, no enemy, etc.) 8 people take the same level of planning. There's usually a ranked night for the guild (Mine's thursday). Between that there's some general attempts at PuG ranked, (once again, with mixed success, usually no more than 1-2 a week)

In between ranked nights, it is perfectly reasonable for teams to run 4-man content. Aka. Non-ranked.

Now, let's take that a step further, Assume there is no second ranked team (which an 8 man ops never has to worry about.) Now in order to have ranked content, the 8 man must form a 16 man. 16 > 8 > 4. 16 and 8 are harder to find then 4.

So, why, in order to play end game pvp (Which is both ranked and non-ranked) do you find it fair to ask players who have put in the time and effort to excell to carry the burden of going from 4 to 8 or 16, when you are unwilling to go from 1 to 4?