Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cashogy_reborn
06.20.2013 , 09:03 AM | #3621
Quote: Originally Posted by mydogclimbstree View Post
Does everyone realize that queing solo, especially on a smaller server, does not mean that the voice chat and organization will stop?

I end up in warzones with other regular allies, friends and guild mates often, and its easy to pick a vent/TS/mumble to jump into for just that match. With solo ranked ques, the most likely solution is a server wide TS where teams can jump channels for each match.
this person has a brain
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Comfterbilly
06.20.2013 , 10:10 AM | #3622
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
The OPS chat is bad enough sometimes to the point that it actually turns me away from PvPing because of the crap that gets said in it. Give some of these players a VOIP to the PuG team mates would be even worse and if you think new PvPers have a bad experience now, just imagine what it would be like having 3, 4, or 7 other people cussing you out because you didn't know that there was a "throw" icon for Huttball.
Sounds like your issue is vulgarity, not voip. So dont wear headphones?
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

Jadescythe
06.20.2013 , 10:16 AM | #3623
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
Sounds like your issue is vulgarity, not voip. So dont wear headphones?
I think he is saying that the magnitude of rage at a new/inexperienced teammate will be exponentially higher in VOIP as opposed to being typed in chat. Whether their language is or isn't appropriate.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Feeblezak
06.20.2013 , 10:22 AM | #3624
Just have any "queue as group" put into a seperate matchmaking system. That way they will either never get games or only be matched with other pre-mades. Everyone wins.
SWTOR Collectors Edition Pre-Order
Roleplayer

☭ ★

Jadescythe
06.20.2013 , 10:26 AM | #3625
Quote: Originally Posted by Feeblezak View Post
Just have any "queue as group" put into a seperate matchmaking system. That way they will either never get games or only be matched with other pre-mades. Everyone wins.
Your definition of "everyone" is different than what the dictionary has apparently...
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Comfterbilly
06.20.2013 , 10:42 AM | #3626
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I think he is saying that the magnitude of rage at a new/inexperienced teammate will be exponentially higher in VOIP as opposed to being typed in chat. Whether their language is or isn't appropriate.
I'm obviously not on VOIP with them, but all the ****-talking I see in Warzones is from these lowlife premades who think it is funny to broadcast their ops chat over the general chat channel, as well as make nasty remarks all game long while they are breaking the queue.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

sanchito
06.20.2013 , 10:44 AM | #3627
Quote: Originally Posted by HobbesTay View Post
Fair arguments but on some points I have to disagree :

firstly though I am not against match making even though in my original post it sounded like I am, what I should have said is that I personally don't believe that match making "On its own" would solve the issue, my preference would be for a solo queue and better match making for groups.

having played with a group of friends (not a premade as these friends were totally random in class/gear/ and even skill) I know that even in this case there is a considerable advantage to be had over the same number of people who randomly queue and are chucked together.

my preference would be for a number of "toggle buttons" which players can use to choose there level of play, so for example you could have Solo/2 man/4 man/8 man buttons but if you are grouped the only option would be to "tick" boxes that are equal to or greater than the number in your group, so effectively a two man group could only choose to go against other 2 man group or groups of more than 2 man.

The solo player could choose to tick any of the boxes they wanted and so could end up as a filler aginst an 8 man pre-made if they wanted, but the difference is they have this as a choice and could just as easily have chosen to just play in the solo only queue.

I for one have no issue playing against premades, my issue is being stuck playing against premades all night and not having another option apart from logging off and trying again on a different night.

its having the choice that is the important part for me
I wish the discussion in this thread would be more like this, and less finger pointing and raging at each other, thank you :-)

I think just hard separating the queues would be really bad for this game, but I can absolutely see a toggle "no premade games" working. Only thing i'd be a bit afraid is that those who don't toggle this still get in full pug games most of the times, just because the current "matchmaking" starts the match as soon as there are 2x8 in the queue. But that's not a huge problem, more a bit of an inconvenience.

What i'm looking for most is that i get grouped with people around my skill level and matched against a group of somewhat similar skill, and then often an awesome game happens. I'm just not sure if anything without a matchmaker will help us get more of those games, and in my experience pug or premade has no real impact on this. ( I agree that beeing in a premade has a huge impact on your winrate, just not on the amount of fun games you get, unless you enjoy roflstomping)

I'd be willing to wait an extra 5 minutes for the matchmaker, 10 minutes would be too much for me, and i'd rather take whatever game i can get at this point. It would be up to bioware to figure out what the general consensus is ofc, i can only speak for myself, but i would be shocked if the majority would rather have a roflstomp game than wait a few extra minutes on a better one.

Quote: Originally Posted by cymonguk View Post
What you are saying is that you want to queue with your friends, who are good players, and you are happy to stomp over people who aren't teamed up.
No this is the opposite of what i'm saying, i absolutely hate roflstomp games when i'm in a premade, i think it's extremly boring and a complete waste of everyones time. Thing is, i am convinced that during primetime on tofn, if our best guild premade + 4 randoms got matched against the 8 best puggers we would win less than 60% of the games, and most of them would be cool games to play for both sides.

ranscow
06.20.2013 , 10:50 AM | #3628
Well said, Jadescythe.

Doomsdaycomes
06.20.2013 , 11:05 AM | #3629
For me better matchmaking so the team compositions are good, and open comms to all is the answer..
In agreement on the matchmaking so... no comment there. Open comms... I'll let someone else argue that one, I see it going either way.

However the matchmaking system is not going to happen on the current servers, and it seems they dont want to add in live voip? So then it becomes how do we resolve it..
I think matchmaking is more viable than people here think. From what I've heard, Queue pops are fast and fine on the PvP servers, it's the PvE and Rp servers that have the longer queues. On/Off-peak hours of course take effect, but I think you'll find matchmaking with a built in queue wait limiter (no "best" match in X minutes, just get the players playing!) will reduce the number of off balance matches with a small effect on queue times.

All those pugstompers on here who are happy with the current situation need to stop burying their head in the sand.
You may want to cool your jets before you just get on people's bad sides. Though I can only speak for myself and what I've observed from others, very few of the people Posting here seem to be happy with the current situation and are in favor of some kind of matchmaking. The term "PuGstomper" can easily get anything of merit you have to say ignored, because then you just sound like another one of the Solo-Only PuG-bracket supporters (which if you favor matchmaking you're not) that is butt hurt for being beaten by a group.
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

cycao
06.20.2013 , 11:18 AM | #3630
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
I'm obviously not on VOIP with them, but all the ****-talking I see in Warzones is from these lowlife premades who think it is funny to broadcast their ops chat over the general chat channel, as well as make nasty remarks all game long while they are breaking the queue.
This is something I rarely see in warzones...at least from premades. Every once and a while sure but its usually that one person who does nothing and bags on his team for being bads. They made a Real PvPer thing on that guy.