Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Zohkar
06.18.2013 , 12:24 PM | #3511
Question does anyone ever take into consideration that a persons computer might be their enemy in pvp as well which leads them to be bad as well. Me Personally I use a Phenom 9500 with 8gb of RAM, GeForce 550 TI on Vista operating system. This will lead me to have 27ms latency access all the time but fps can go as low as 3 fps in matchs or as high as 10fps. Certain players always remain invisible even while attacking and some visually glitch under-ground when following them.

So people have skill, gear, and computer equipment to contend with in matchs and try there best. Some on the other hand see a particular team that constantly steamrolls everyone and give up. On my server, its the same people day in and day out swapping between toons facing each other so cross server would definately be welcomes.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

L-RANDLE
06.18.2013 , 12:26 PM | #3512
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
Question does anyone ever take into consideration that a persons computer might be their enemy in pvp as well which leads them to be bad as well. Me Personally I use a Phenom 9500 with 8gb of RAM, GeForce 550 TI on Vista operating system. This will lead me to have 27ms latency access all the time but fps can go as low as 3 fps in matchs or as high as 10fps. Certain players always remain invisible even while attacking and some visually glitch under-ground when following them.

So people have skill, gear, and computer equipment to contend with in matchs and try there best. Some on the other hand see a particular team that constantly steamrolls everyone and give up. On my server, its the same people day in and day out swapping between toons facing each other so cross server would definately be welcomes.
So premades should add some GFX cards and some internet connection gift cards to the collection plate?

Got it....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Jadescythe
06.18.2013 , 12:30 PM | #3513
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post

Nah, before I just got my new computer, I couldn't run anything other than very low graphics and have warzones be playable. My performance has only improved in very specific situations that are fairly infrequent. Not to mention, there are plenty of players on different continents that have no problems playing through 150-200 latency and do better than 99% of the population.
I have opinions and stuff

cashogy_reborn
06.18.2013 , 12:36 PM | #3514
the only hardware related to your ping is your network card. gpu, cpu, ram has no impact on ping.

and this game scales with hardware terribly, and even dual GPU has minimal impact. ive actually turned off SLI when i play now b/c there is no difference in FPS, but it gets rid of the little bouts of micro-stutter.

and yeah, hardware is a limiting factor in pc gaming. but it always has been, and always will be. thats not exclusive to this game, and wont be going away in the future. if you want to play games where everyone is on the same hardware level, try consoles.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

L-RANDLE
06.18.2013 , 12:40 PM | #3515
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
the only hardware related to your ping is your network card. gpu, cpu, ram has no impact on ping.

and this game scales with hardware terribly, and even dual GPU has minimal impact. ive actually turned off SLI when i play now b/c there is no difference in FPS, but it gets rid of the little bouts of micro-stutter.

and yeah, hardware is a limiting factor in pc gaming. but it always has been, and always will be. thats not exclusive to this game, and wont be going away in the future. if you want to play games where everyone is on the same hardware level, try consoles.
Screw that, let's just blame Canada while we are at it.....

Jadescythe
06.18.2013 , 01:17 PM | #3516
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Screw that, let's just blame Canada while we are at it.....
Wut?
I have opinions and stuff

Kovaos
06.18.2013 , 02:02 PM | #3517
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Well when u post something as stupid as that it makes u look like one of the infamous monitor lickers, or arguing just to do it. I am more than willing to assume the latter, but...

So let's review, we got one psycho likening this to rape, two people arguing just for the sake of arguing, and plenty of PuG butthurt..

Just when I thought it wouldn't be possible, I think the advocates have reached a new low....
Reading your posts is tantamount to watching a court jester try on the crown.

You've evolved on these forums from whining and crying all the time to belittling and insulting others.

Oh well... that's life of a jester.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

L-RANDLE
06.18.2013 , 02:26 PM | #3518
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
Reading your posts is tantamount to watching a court jester try on the crown.

You've evolved on these forums from whining and crying all the time to belittling and insulting others.

Oh well... that's life of a jester.
When exactly was I crying, asking for a design change, at the risk of killing PVP entirely?
Also don't put an obvious Target on your back... It's like shooting monitor lickers in a barrel. U do serve a valid purpose though. I am more than sure that you were trolling in a half assed attempt at taking my crown... Good try though....

L-RANDLE
06.18.2013 , 02:30 PM | #3519
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Exactly... That is where all the evil premades live you know...

Nessaia
06.18.2013 , 03:00 PM | #3520
Tridus... the only person you are 'debunking' here is yourself. Please stop before you hurt yourself . No matter how many sarcastic comments you hurl at the people trying to argue sensibly with you, it won't help your cause.

As for Comfterbilly, any sympathy I might have had for your 'premade-problem' dissolved into thin air with your mentions of premading being akin to rape. Could you have stooped any lower? I think not.
That, and your obvious problem with girls is disconcerting, to say the least. O.o
I cannot take you seriously.

Thumbs up to Doomsdaycomes, Cycao, Cashogy, Jadescythe, and all you others for showing the amount of patience you have shown here. I can safely say I can agree to most (if not all) points you have tributed to this discussion. Sad thing is, no matter how often you state the obvious, some people will never even try to listen.
Saesha / Caedryn TRE