Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cashogy_reborn
06.17.2013 , 11:00 AM | #3321
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
Why. What, solo players should be forced to play the same queue as ranked slummers who are just out out to ruin it for everybody?
because that accurately describes every single player that wishes to for a group for reg WZs
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

sanchito
06.17.2013 , 11:03 AM | #3322
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post

Actually I have been on pre-made teams that roflstomp pug teams and I refuse to participate in the massacre for free kills. I head back to the node and get my objective points at that time instead of waiting for the enemy to drop down from their start points. I know I mentioned that before, but I don't know what thread it was in....
I wish more premades would do this. But instead way too many do all they can do destroy and demoralize the other team as hard as they can.

If bioware ends up implementing split queues this will kill pvp in this game and you will have noone but yourself to blame, for swinging your epeen around like 12 year old children with yourl2p crap. Newsflash and mmo needs an influx of new players to thrive and they will naturally not be good at first. You should be interested in making the entry as easy as possible, not roflstomping them in the ground any chance you get

cycao
06.17.2013 , 11:05 AM | #3323
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
because that accurately describes every single player that wishes to for a group for reg WZs
The generalization is strong with that one.

Comfterbilly
06.17.2013 , 11:07 AM | #3324
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
It accurately describes the ones who are creating enough of a problem that creates the need for solo-only que as a toggle and get it through your thick skull solos would still be able to toggle into your group queue when they too are looking for coattails to ride on.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

Kovaos
06.17.2013 , 11:19 AM | #3325
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
The generalization is strong with that one.
I've been using the word assumption, but he thinks I'm reading his mind.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Doomsdaycomes
06.17.2013 , 11:20 AM | #3326
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
Why. What, solo players should be forced to play the same queue as ranked slummers who are just out out to ruin it for everybody?
First thing first.

No one is required to play ranked. Regular and Ranked are two separate queues with two separate rewards. Even if a guild has 8 people on and in PvP, there is no law, mandate, or ethical code that requires 8 players of the same guild to only play ranked when able.

Second.

If someone else is ruining your game experience in Player vs Player... it may be hard to grasp but the problem is You. No one is required to go easy, or leave you alone if you willingly step onto the battlefield.

Third.

The reason -I- am against solo-only queue is not only because it causes logistical issues in the regular warzone queue and divides/detracts from the pool of available players, but also because players have the responsibility to up their game if they want the rewards of PvP, not the competition to step down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if Solo-queue were possible, I assume being the decent and fair hearted player that you are, you would agree that the rewards need to be less than regular too. I'm thinking maybe 40 comms (including from medals) for a loss and 80 comms for a win?
Player Responsibility: Players have the responsibility to strive for improvement before asking for changes.
Player Accountability: Insufficient credits, lack of gear, poor reputation, and inability to compete is the price of laziness, incompetence, and/or unwillingness.

DariusCalera
06.17.2013 , 11:20 AM | #3327
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
If bioware ends up implementing split queues this will kill pvp in this game and you will have noone but yourself to blame, for swinging your epeen around like 12 year old children with yourl2p crap. Newsflash and mmo needs an influx of new players to thrive and they will naturally not be good at first. You should be interested in making the entry as easy as possible, not roflstomping them in the ground any chance you get
The mechanics are already in place to make the transition into 55 PvP fairly easy and painless. But it falls on the players to actually use them.

Players can start PvPing at level 11. If they did that and, at the very least just did the lowbie PvP daily, by the time they reached 55 they would have a firm grasp on how their toon plays in PvP, what the WZ objectives are, other classes abilities, and they would have a fair amount of normal and ranked WZ comms saved up to buy gear.

It doesn't matter if there was a solo only queue or not, a player that doesn't do the above before they jump into a 55 WZ is going to get stomped.

Comfterbilly
06.17.2013 , 11:29 AM | #3328
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
It doesn't matter if there was a solo only queue or not, a player that doesn't do the above before they jump into a 55 WZ is going to get stomped.
Yeah it does matter. There are good players who outscore the premades in their ops and top the medals, who still get roflstomped when they're the only geared player on their team against 4+ geared players on their team.

Premades come with a host of advantages; those players use those advantages; pugs don't have those advantages.

So without those advantages against a geared premade the solo player is just wasting the time it took to queue and looking at two sets of loading screens, possibly for an hour or so like this.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

Kovaos
06.17.2013 , 11:35 AM | #3329
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
but also because players have the responsibility to up their game if they want the rewards of PvP, not the competition to step down.
"buzzer sound" WRONG. The person who can right click that thingy at the bottom right of the minimap and click Queue the most will earn the most rewards for PvP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
So if Solo-queue were possible, I assume being the decent and fair hearted player that you are, you would agree that the rewards need to be less than regular too. I'm thinking maybe 40 comms (including from medals) for a loss and 80 comms for a win?
No, but...thanks? Why does someone who is in a group deserve more comms? RWZs are already in place to get better gear AND provide a higher level of competition.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Skyhigh
06.17.2013 , 11:37 AM | #3330
Heroes that have no clue how to group pvp ruin wz's. Plain and simple.