Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Doomsdaycomes
06.15.2013 , 12:54 PM | #3221
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
there's nothing inherently wrong with wanting to play matches on a relatively even playing field. rated should have done this, but I guess there weren't enough teams in Q at same time? or maybe it took too long to establish a rating and ppl got tired of matching up against vastly superior teams?

ppl in the top tier very rarely grp with ppl in the middle, much less bottom tier. this exacerbates the problem already inherent in skill disparity. as much as an "easy" mode player might like to be a "hard" mode king, that is unlikely to ever happen. I really don't see why that means they cannot play in their own sandbox.

*snip*
If I remember correctly Foxy, me and you have gone round about these things before. My post was in response to Tridus, who's messages are often 2-3 lines and are clearly little more than prodding/trolling for emotional reactions. Unfortunately he/she tends to think they succeed.

I agree there isn't anything horribly wrong in wanting an even playing field and of course I still think they need to keep (1) increasing our pool of people and (2) refining the matchmaking system. It's not something I'm disputing.

The place where there is a divide (for many) is what does even playing field refer to? Where is the deciding line between "sandboxes?" That line is -not- at the solo queue vs. group queue level though, which is where this monster thread has been centered for months it seems.

To that effect, the post you quoted was in reference to that, which is people will get annoyed or angry when someone repetitively tries to tell them that they are bad, evil, terrible people for simply using tools that are available to -everyone.- It's not their job to "go easy" or "Play somewhere else" because other people are too lazy, stupid, or stubborn to do some very basic things to "up" their game.

HuaRya
06.15.2013 , 02:47 PM | #3222
Another thing premades don't have to deal with are the backills. When solo queueing half the matches you go into are a premade stomping the pug team as the pugs are quitting. I suppose the twelve year old mentality of "learn to play" would factor into entering a hopeless situation like a 4-0 huttball match and single handedly win it.

Yes, this is bait for the guy who says he wins "thousands" of matches against premades. I want to hear him say "I always turn the team around to victory when I backfill".

SajPl
06.15.2013 , 03:30 PM | #3223
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Another thing premades don't have to deal with are the backills. When solo queueing half the matches you go into are a premade stomping the pug team as the pugs are quitting. I suppose the twelve year old mentality of "learn to play" would factor into entering a hopeless situation like a 4-0 huttball match and single handedly win it.

Yes, this is bait for the guy who says he wins "thousands" of matches against premades. I want to hear him say "I always turn the team around to victory when I backfill".

Well then all you pugs have to stop doing is quitting, problem solved.

HuaRya
06.15.2013 , 04:02 PM | #3224
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
Well then all you pugs have to stop doing is quitting, problem solved.
derpy dee derpdy doo.

Amazing how trollish premade pugstompers are on this thread. Offering nothing constructive or valuable to say. I really hope your parents stop paying for your subscription it's annoying the rest of us grownups.
Pazaak is long overdue
Pazaak in Cantinas, Pazaak Mini Quest, Pazaak Reputation Vendor
http://www.pazaak.org/

TridusSWTOR
06.15.2013 , 04:29 PM | #3225
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I see Tridus is still stalking around this issue trying to needle people with pathetic barbs. =P

It's pretty simple why people are getting annoyed. Since people -loooooooove- to try and get people to empathize with the -poor- plight of the solo-pugger (whom has 3 jobs, 2 families, 16 children, goes to school for 2 degrees, and takes care of 3 sick grandparents) let's see if you can do a little role reversal.

You're a player in an mmo, and right off the bat you get to learning your class. You meet new people, test new builds, maybe even take 5 minutes to browse your class-forum. You eventually, being as you are playing an MMO, get a reputation amongst your fellow players and get some friends who like to group. You might even manage to land in a guild.

Now you continue to do your best in the time you have, adding more friends, leveling, crafting, building your gear. You got a job, you might even have a spouse or a kid. Maybe you got it better than some, then again maybe you've got it worse than some time wise. In your time though, you use it wisely and keep building those friendships, keep learning new strategies, and even practice them with said friends.

You've done nothing other than play the game, the way it's meant to be. Yet here comes some one on the internetz who may or may not have as much time as you, but has spent their time poorly. They don't wanna group up, they don't wanna learn other classes, they don't wanna learn their own class, (or some combination there of). And they have The fracking nerve to tell you that -You- are a terrible person because they are worse players than you are, but you still want to play on the same playground with everyone else.

As they say; Frak That!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm probably wasting my breath here and I'm expecting some clever 2-3 line quip in reply, but simply put:

People who do the things to excell at this game have done nothing wrong. If any player wants to do less than them, fine, but it isn't the Good players fault Bad players don't wanna get better. Don't expect the competition to drop down to your level.
It took me a while, but aren't you the person that wanted to destroy the game if they didn't get there way. Now you left and came back to what...troll me?

I kinda feel special.

Read a few pages back if you want a decent discussion. Since only jadesycthe(sp?) is the only one really offering a decent argument.

Last I checked, I wasn't asking for the same playground. Hence the word "seperate" queue's, it would be two different playgrounds. One for those learner types, as you put it and one for those "fraking newbs".

TridusSWTOR
06.15.2013 , 04:35 PM | #3226
To that effect, the post you quoted was in reference to that, which is people will get annoyed or angry when someone repetitively tries to tell them that they are bad, evil, terrible people for simply using tools that are available to -everyone.- It's not their job to "go easy" or "Play somewhere else" because other people are too lazy, stupid, or stubborn to do some very basic things to "up" their game.
I love how you quickly turn to play the victim role in this scenario. Even if you only read a few pages back you can see the insults are more often thrown by pro-pugstompers.

Who ever asked for people to go "easy" on them? Play somewhere else? The groups would remain in the same queue bracket they always have been. It would be the solo queuer's that move to another area.

This is what happens when you jump into things unprepared. You get..."stomped"

foxmob
06.15.2013 , 04:43 PM | #3227
If I remember correctly Foxy, .
aaaand...you bait me with the name thing. get fuct.

catherder
06.15.2013 , 04:43 PM | #3228
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
+1

Unsubbed - As long at BioEA keeps smoking crack and allowing premades to play against pug's in WZ's they won't get another dime from me. Its just plain lazy on BioEA's behalf and frankly they don't deserve any more of my cash for this. Yes that's the sound of the door behind me.

Comfterbilly
06.15.2013 , 04:50 PM | #3229
Quote: Originally Posted by catherder View Post
+1

Unsubbed - As long at BioEA keeps smoking crack and allowing premades to play against pug's in WZ's they won't get another dime from me. Its just plain lazy on BioEA's behalf and frankly they don't deserve any more of my cash for this. Yes that's the sound of the door behind me.
Well, I don't know if you saw earlier in the thread, but the rumor is that BW is releasing solo ranked queue in update 4.4 which, as long as its not backfilling premade queues, I could call that a reasonable step towards solo play. Doesn't give the noob solos a queue to learn the game but maybe by 4.4 they will have thought it through and just add solo-only along with solo-ranked.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

catherder
06.15.2013 , 05:12 PM | #3230
I think you hit the heart of the issue.

-.- bad players always blame someone else first. I'd love to see one take a moment after the match and ask "What did I do wrong?" instead of "What the hell those guys be cheap!"

I'll give the anti-premade peeps in here a hint. Even a premade-player should reflect on their mistakes every match... the only difference is most of them do.
This is not a 'bad player' issue... When one side has a PvP population advantage their own pugs are vs. their own faction... Imps on my server have a minor league established... if you can't get out of the minors in the imp vs. imp pug's to get the chance to play on a premade then you almost never get to PvP against the Pub side. A Pub side which by the way is floudering badly... That is what makes PUG vs. Premade BROKEN. Its not the players. Premades vs. PUGS should be considered an exploit and the Devs need to repair it pronto...