Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

TonyDragonflame
06.15.2013 , 07:36 AM | #3211
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I think you hit the heart of the issue.

-.- bad players always blame someone else first.
You mean thats all about excusises dont play ranked, right?

Doomsdaycomes
06.15.2013 , 07:47 AM | #3212
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
You mean thats all about excusises dont play ranked, right?
<.< that's not even... a sentence that makes any sense. Come back when you can write at least semi-properly mmkay?

I'm going to assume you mean to say: "You mean that about all the excuse why premades don't play ranked, right?"

If that what you attempted to say, then all I can say is: *Rolls eyes.* Please continue living in lala land with no concept of mathematics, entry barrier, and/or personal choice.

Edit: If that's not what you meant to say, then please elaborate.

TridusSWTOR
06.15.2013 , 09:25 AM | #3213
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
god you are a fraking blowhard, window licking moron.

premades are fine. this is an MMO. if you cant handle folks grouping, try Skyrim or go back to fraking KOTOR, or maybe try not playing games for a while.

you want to know why PUGs lose constantly? CUZ THEY ARE FRAKING BAD

did i just blow your mind?

also, and this might blow your mind too, BUT PREMADES DONT HAVE MAGICAL POWERS. queuing as a group of 4 does not suddenly make you a pro gamer. bad players with vent/TS are still bad players. this is just a bunch of whining about losing to good players.

if a solo ranked queue is implemented like you, and the other bads in this thread, want it will kill RWZ PvP. RWZs will become just like regs, and you will see fraking babies crying about 'premade v pug' in RWZ too.

for fraks sake, i am getting so fraking tired of reading you window lickers telling me, and those like me, that i do WZs in a premade b/c i like to PUG stomp. no; nobody worth their salt in PvP likes steamrolling people. its boring as frak. the number of people that form premades for the sole purpose of 'pug stomping' is so infinitesimally small that it doesnt even matter.

tl;dr since your ADHD riddled mind probably couldnt get past the first bolded text: learn to fraking play you fraking scrubs.

ps: bring on the infraction points bads
oh, and inb4 some comment about how i am covering up my pug stomping desires or other bullsh*t your diluted mind would like to conjure up
I love the complete and total meltdown this poster had.

I also love how he loathes people calling him and his "people" pugstompers and then swings the paintbrush the other way and labels everyone NOT him "bads".

Oh lord

Let the backpedaling begin.

TridusSWTOR
06.15.2013 , 09:40 AM | #3214
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
I still love this thread more then any other. I mean this even is more fun then all the nerf threads combined. There is nothing wrong with premades being in regular warzones. Hell I don't even care if the premade is a super queue. Bioware gave you a get out of bad warzone free card (Leave warzone). Try using it if you don't like premades. Premades range in ability just like solo puggers. Some premades are terribad. Some are great. But you can solo queue and be successful. Just stop making excuses for your failings.
I solo queued my Sage all the way to Elite Warlord and won way more times then I lost. I solo queued my Commando to Warlord and won way more then I lost. Some matches my team had a premade in it some didn't.
The Solo only queue would be absolutely unplayable if you banned premades. I mean inc would never be called. Top damage would be 125k in a 15 minute voidstar. No one would ever pick up the ball in huttball. No pylon would ever be guarded, person who capped would just abandon it and rush mid.
So no thank you on the banning of premades. I would prefer they just abolish the ability to solo queue.

Rellik
So at what point did anyone suggest to ban premades? Oh lord...

It's okay to ban an entirely different option though(solo queue)...

Yet for someone who claims they solo queue so much, why would you want to remove it? I'm detecting flat out lies coming from you're post.

The disguise isn't working.

cashogy_reborn
06.15.2013 , 09:50 AM | #3215
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
I love the complete and total meltdown this poster had.

I also love how he loathes people calling him and his "people" pugstompers and then swings the paintbrush the other way and labels everyone NOT him "bads".

Oh lord

Let the backpedaling begin.
rofl

do you have another "mmo addiction" post for me to read to help me with my problems?

Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Doomsdaycomes
06.15.2013 , 10:09 AM | #3216
I see Tridus is still stalking around this issue trying to needle people with pathetic barbs. =P

It's pretty simple why people are getting annoyed. Since people -loooooooove- to try and get people to empathize with the -poor- plight of the solo-pugger (whom has 3 jobs, 2 families, 16 children, goes to school for 2 degrees, and takes care of 3 sick grandparents) let's see if you can do a little role reversal.

You're a player in an mmo, and right off the bat you get to learning your class. You meet new people, test new builds, maybe even take 5 minutes to browse your class-forum. You eventually, being as you are playing an MMO, get a reputation amongst your fellow players and get some friends who like to group. You might even manage to land in a guild.

Now you continue to do your best in the time you have, adding more friends, leveling, crafting, building your gear. You got a job, you might even have a spouse or a kid. Maybe you got it better than some, then again maybe you've got it worse than some time wise. In your time though, you use it wisely and keep building those friendships, keep learning new strategies, and even practice them with said friends.

You've done nothing other than play the game, the way it's meant to be. Yet here comes some one on the internetz who may or may not have as much time as you, but has spent their time poorly. They don't wanna group up, they don't wanna learn other classes, they don't wanna learn their own class, (or some combination there of). And they have The fracking nerve to tell you that -You- are a terrible person because they are worse players than you are, but you still want to play on the same playground with everyone else.

As they say; Frak That!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm probably wasting my breath here and I'm expecting some clever 2-3 line quip in reply, but simply put:

People who do the things to excell at this game have done nothing wrong. If any player wants to do less than them, fine, but it isn't the Good players fault Bad players don't wanna get better. Don't expect the competition to drop down to your level.

Comfterbilly
06.15.2013 , 10:15 AM | #3217
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
This ^ . Plus he was very hostile but I'm glad no one complained because he looks like a big, screaming clown in that post.

All because I said, "Pug farming or bust, eh?" when they don't like solo rated queue and threaten to take their ball and go home.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

Jayshames
06.15.2013 , 10:19 AM | #3218
Oh how I enjoy posting some small statistics like every day about this thread. Nearly 200 posts clear of the second highest posted thread in this section and still 0 dev input.

Comfterbilly
06.15.2013 , 10:23 AM | #3219
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Oh how I enjoy posting some small statistics like every day about this thread. Nearly 200 posts clear of the second highest posted thread in this section and still 0 dev input.
Me too. Question for the board, does the leak now about solo ranked queue count as dev 'input', or is it more like now they won't even come and clarify that?
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

foxmob
06.15.2013 , 12:22 PM | #3220
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I'm probably wasting my breath here and I'm expecting some clever 2-3 line quip in reply, but simply put:

People who do the things to excell at this game have done nothing wrong. If any player wants to do less than them, fine, but it isn't the Good players fault Bad players don't wanna get better. Don't expect the competition to drop down to your level.
there's nothing inherently wrong with wanting to play matches on a relatively even playing field. rated should have done this, but I guess there weren't enough teams in Q at same time? or maybe it took too long to establish a rating and ppl got tired of matching up against vastly superior teams?

in any case, most games in virtually every video game genre across every platform ever created utilize some form of tiered system, the most basic of which is "easy," "medium," "hard." this allows ppl to play at their own level. there is no such thing in this game. so you get ppl who belong in the "easy" and "medium" levels of competition up against those who are "hard" mode kings.

ppl in the top tier very rarely grp with ppl in the middle, much less bottom tier. this exacerbates the problem already inherent in skill disparity. as much as an "easy" mode player might like to be a "hard" mode king, that is unlikely to ever happen. I really don't see why that means they cannot play in their own sandbox, and the same for the experts on the other end of the spectrum. aside from the ppl who like to troll and humiliate others (there are a lot of them, but I'd still place them in the minority), I think everyone prefers close matches of relatively even skill. well...no. that's not true. when good players have bad players on their team, even though the two teams are balanced overall, the good players rage because they feel weighed down by incompetents -- I've been on both sides of this, and it was not fun, not even when the games were close. iunno. it sounds like separating the skill levels would make the majority happy on both sides. /shrug

as of right now, the matchmaking IS horrible. the game seems to make no attempt to balance teams by skill or approximations (no matter how accurate) thereof. separating Qs is one way to do it. trying to place 4m's on opposing sides is a less invasive, similar strategy. average valor is another. expertise in the pre 2.0 system would have been something of the same thing. assigning individual ratings based on wins/losses would be another. they all have their inherent flaws. however, something is, in my estimation, a whole lot better than nothing, which is what we have now. as far as i can tell, the current system grabs the first set of ppl it can fit into an 8m team and matches them against another set with the only consideration being time in Q.