Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

rlamela
06.15.2013 , 12:29 AM | #3201
I still love this thread more then any other. I mean this even is more fun then all the nerf threads combined. There is nothing wrong with premades being in regular warzones. Hell I don't even care if the premade is a super queue. Bioware gave you a get out of bad warzone free card (Leave warzone). Try using it if you don't like premades. Premades range in ability just like solo puggers. Some premades are terribad. Some are great. But you can solo queue and be successful. Just stop making excuses for your failings.
I solo queued my Sage all the way to Elite Warlord and won way more times then I lost. I solo queued my Commando to Warlord and won way more then I lost. Some matches my team had a premade in it some didn't.
The Solo only queue would be absolutely unplayable if you banned premades. I mean inc would never be called. Top damage would be 125k in a 15 minute voidstar. No one would ever pick up the ball in huttball. No pylon would ever be guarded, person who capped would just abandon it and rush mid.
So no thank you on the banning of premades. I would prefer they just abolish the ability to solo queue.

Rellik

cashogy_reborn
06.15.2013 , 12:46 AM | #3202
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
First of all, I have no opinion on this issue, I can see both sides of it. However, the notion that people who are casual and want to have a fair playing field are somehow antisocial is absolutely absurd. Most people do not have the time required to do what you are asking them to do. In fact I suggest you take a look at this website because I seriously think you may need help. And if your reaction to this post is anger rather than self reflection then I would doubly encourage you to read the website below. There is a balance to be had between hardcore players and casuals, and its not wise to judge a whole group of people. There are a ton of people in between.

http://www.killerguides.com/blog/mmo...orpg-addiction
i am a casual player. i maybe get 5-8 hours a week of playtime in, and less if i have to travel. im one of the "in between" people.

shockingly, i still have in-game friends. even more shockingly, i have the opportunity to group up with them for wzs/rwzs

and does playing casual mean i have to play poorly? no.

the playing field is fair. everyone has the same exact opportunity to group up for warzones. why people dont choose to do so is their own business, but its not something bioware has control over.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

HuaRya
06.15.2013 , 12:58 AM | #3203
The trend is this for a solo pugger, you either ride on the better premade or you are on the losing team.

If that is the mechanics the devs were aiming at then they certainly have achieved it.

rlamela
06.15.2013 , 01:13 AM | #3204
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
The trend is this for a solo pugger, you either ride on the better premade or you are on the losing team.

If that is the mechanics the devs were aiming at then they certainly have achieved it.
no this is the trend for bad solo puggers. I have won 1000's of warzones without a premade on my team. And many many of those were against a team with a premade.

Rellik

Comfterbilly
06.15.2013 , 01:28 AM | #3205
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
no this is the trend for bad solo puggers. I have won 1000's of warzones without a premade on my team. And many many of those were against a team with a premade.

Rellik
The funny part is where we are all supposed to take each other at our word that we can vouch for exactly who was or was not on both sides of the team.

No way.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

rlamela
06.15.2013 , 01:43 AM | #3206
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
The funny part is where we are all supposed to take each other at our word that we can vouch for exactly who was or was not on both sides of the team.

No way.
I could care less if you believe me. Every single bad will constantly blame something other then themself for why they lose. It's why there are nothing but posts aboot Nerf this, or hack this, or premades aren't fair or its not fair he has better gear. When in all honesty 70% of warzones are lost because of stupid players doing stupid things. The other 30% are lost because the other team was better.
People need to stop making excuses and accept the fact that they are a below average pvp'er (nothing wrong with this) And weather or not premades are allowed in regular warzones these same people will be back on the forums crying aboot something else.

Rellik

Jorojus
06.15.2013 , 01:51 AM | #3207
Quote:
for regs, if folks that solo queue often have a problem not having healers and/or tanks in their warzones, they can do 2 things: a) get some friends and queue with them, or b) respec if they can. investing in field respec is a great thing imo.

just so tired of people complaining, but making no effort to solve w/e problems they have on their own.
:
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
Yeah, I'll just stop gearing the toon I want to play so i can spend all night healing, how great will that be. Or I'll just respec the toon I prefer as DPS to carry on the charade that composition doesn't matter. I'll just play a whole different kind of WZ with a whole different kind of toon. Problem solved!

Not complaining, demanding, solo queue. It solves the problem because people can't game the queue with composition. Your position is full of it anyway.

News Flash:

1. Heals Matter
2. VOIP Matters
3. Focus matters
4. Target Calling matters and you should be embarrassed to suggest it doesn't when there are pugs being hammered away from subscribing right now this second.
I see you keep demanding that solo que in every post you make, wich I agree with you is something that is needed if Bioware will make a decent matchmaking system based on that, otherwise you'll still have one team bashing another team.
There will be always a looser and a winner no matter how tight this matchmaking will be and people will still complain then because nobody likes to loose and its always someone else who made you loose.

But I don't like how you adress the above quote, someone just gave you the solution to deal with the problem in the best way possible, group up with people so at least you will have some team coordination going instead of pugs running around in a warzone like chickens with no heads. You don't have to respec in most cases if you group up with people. You still have the option tough.

Yes there will be still bad pre-mades, but everyone starts off as a newb/bad player, by grouping up with people you learn to work together and you will only see better warzones.

Why not make a new thread where is exactly stated what you/ the community wants in terms of matchmaking ?
I can imagine alot of good ideas are beeing said already in this thread, they just get lost in the mass.

I do ask myself if Bioware reads any of this ....
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech

Vladnar
06.15.2013 , 02:10 AM | #3208
How much longer till this obviously poor issue can finally be resolved.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Jorojus
06.15.2013 , 05:50 AM | #3209
I just found something called a suggestion box.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...55#post6435755
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech

Doomsdaycomes
06.15.2013 , 07:07 AM | #3210
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Before you start crying about the advantages that the other team has, get your own sh*t in order.
I think you hit the heart of the issue.

-.- bad players always blame someone else first. I'd love to see one take a moment after the match and ask "What did I do wrong?" instead of "What the hell those guys be cheap!"

I'll give the anti-premade peeps in here a hint. Even a premade-player should reflect on their mistakes every match... the only difference is most of them do.