Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

AlrikFassbauer
06.08.2013 , 09:53 AM | #2971
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I'm satisfied with how good I am, and so is my guild. Not that I don't have anywhere to grow.

Pitting new players against advanced players doesn't let them learn.

I get where you're coming from, I really do - and that's why I don't agree with you. The elitist mentality that players like you adopt is what poisons the PvP community. This kind of mentality is never constructive and its main focus is not making PvP environment enjoyable, but bashing those who are worse-off than you, imposing your views on others with no actual weight behind your arguments - only the weight of your ego. You've got nothing behind your arguments aside the "Internet Tough Guy" act.

Yes, you've done well to learn from your mistakes, optimize your character and get into a good, organized guild. So have I, and so have many others. Stop acting like it's such a big deal. You've got no "balls". You just had the determination to push through discouragement. Better people than you do this every day in real life. This is a game. If it's the only thing that you can validate yourself in, "I don't feel sorry for you".
To me, this is one of the most serious and best replies I've been reading within the last 20 or so pages of this thread.

I know of another problem :

Psychology calls them the "Orchid Kids".

Read here for more : https://ed.stanford.edu/in-the-media...bloom-strength

The problem is, that with strong support, these "Orchid Children" can literally outgrow their counterpart, the - as I call them - "Grass Children".

"Grass Children" can grow anywhere, any time. Because they just can do it. And they can become strong, too.
"Orchid Children", however, can't do this. They depend on special environments. They grow where grass can't grow - and they really shine there.

My suspicion is, that most QQers are Orchid Children, too.

If they'd get the proper support from other players, they'd be extraordinary genius players.
But instead, they get roflstomped, because they can't grow everywhere. They are slow at learning their classes, and perhaps even slow at analysing everything - and putting that into a strategy. Plus, they'll never get a full-blown ego, because they do realize that they are fragile.

But - with proper support - which they don't get - they *can* become unbelievably strong. THEY are the ones developing ADVANCED tactics.

But instead ... all they experience is being roflstomped, being laughed at in these forums - and quit PvP.

This leaves most PvP groups being filled with - at best - average players. Because those "Orchid people" were beaten away far too soon.

Only 0,9 percent of these "Orchid people" get the proper support they deserve - and THEN they can become some of the highest top players.

But no-one wants them to be there, that's why everybody excuses them of "QQing" because of their traumatic experiences.

And this is why some groups just die out.

The issue is that Internet Tough Guys want newbies to suffer the hazing initiation, just like they have in their time. Smoother, new player-friendly entry curve? That's for sissies. Play hard or go home. Hormonal maximalism, etc, etc.

[...]

Separate the wolves from the sheep.
Or separate the Orchids from the Grass.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

cycao
06.08.2013 , 10:00 AM | #2972
Ha! You're a Sin - and I pulled that off multiple times on a Commando and a Guardian!
Odd thing was I just walked up to the door. I was in vent and said "I bet I can pull this off".

AlrikFassbauer
06.08.2013 , 10:04 AM | #2973
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
I still find it funny how the grouped players insist on playing with the solo players that don't want to play against them.
Makes me wonder, too.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

AlrikFassbauer
06.08.2013 , 10:06 AM | #2974
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
this argument is like windows versus linux. there's no real winner.
We are moving around in circles.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Jayshames
06.09.2013 , 11:35 AM | #2975
99 posts off highest posted thread in this section and no dev response.

Comfterbilly
06.09.2013 , 11:37 AM | #2976
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Very close to the top posted thread in this section and still no dev response. Oh Bioware how you never cease to amuse me every time I log in.
Yeah I really wonder what their problem is. My main guess is they're deeply embroiled in the dawning realization of just how screwed up this game engine really is, and just how big of an overhaul they have in store for their future, and how many PO'd customers they're going to have in the mean time waiting for a future game patch that even they don't know how soon it will be, to stabilize the game itself, much less PVP. They're probably thinking, all the customers are going to be so pissed about having to subscribe through that drama, that cross server and solo queue are the least of their problems.

Not so for this customer. I can put up with almost anything but I need to know they have a plan for solo-queue. I thought the new class customizations in 2.0 were some of the best in the game (Helloo phase walk), but have only increased the disparity between coordinated and uncoordinated teams. Reading the last twenty pages over again, I think it's clear the premades have lost the argument.

It's time for the devs to notice.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

HuaRya
06.09.2013 , 08:58 PM | #2977
Hard to imagine a PVP game in 2013 doesn't have a solo option. Instead they have a ranked warzone which the ranked teams do not want to play in. The ranked warzone is at it's best a place where the top 3 guilds on a server compete with each other then go back to stomping pugs in their half premades.

cashogy_reborn
06.09.2013 , 09:04 PM | #2978
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Hard to imagine a PVP game in 2013 doesn't have a solo option. Instead they have a ranked warzone which the ranked teams do not want to play in. The ranked warzone is at it's best a place where the top 3 guilds on a server compete with each other then go back to stomping pugs in their half premades.
the reason ranked warzones are this way is because a) terrible implementation, b) the entire rwz scene has become rather stagnate (and boring), and c) players get butthurt too quickly to improve enough to compete.

you dont get 8 people together and immediately start competing with the top guilds on the server.

this is why we need real matchmaking. if the RWZ scene becomes more welcoming to new groups, you will see more people participate in it. also, we could do with some kind of 4v4 thing; getting a good comp of 8 is not always easy.

however, that has absolutely nothing to do with this issues. the bad PUGs will continue to be bad, and the premades actually scared of going into ranked will keep staying out of it. even a solo queue isnt going to solve this, because people will game the queue to get "groups" in through the solo queue.

the only real way to address this issue is with skill based matchmaking throughout all levels of PvP. bads will face bads, goods will face goods. and the world will be happy..... until folks find something else to complain about
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

turboooo
06.09.2013 , 09:22 PM | #2979
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
the reason ranked warzones are this way is because a) terrible implementation, b) the entire rwz scene has become rather stagnate (and boring), and c) players get butthurt too quickly to improve enough to compete.

you dont get 8 people together and immediately start competing with the top guilds on the server.

this is why we need real matchmaking. if the RWZ scene becomes more welcoming to new groups, you will see more people participate in it. also, we could do with some kind of 4v4 thing; getting a good comp of 8 is not always easy.

however, that has absolutely nothing to do with this issues. the bad PUGs will continue to be bad, and the premades actually scared of going into ranked will keep staying out of it. even a solo queue isnt going to solve this, because people will game the queue to get "groups" in through the solo queue.

the only real way to address this issue is with skill based matchmaking throughout all levels of PvP. bads will face bads, goods will face goods. and the world will be happy..... until folks find something else to complain about

Na a solo Que will fix it. With groups will just be split into different wz. Then just have ranked groups. If you want to combine 4 mans to make more ranks cool. But keep groups out of solo Que.

Jorojus
06.09.2013 , 10:12 PM | #2980
I don't mind solo quees. Might give more ranked on some servers.

"Even in solo quees, it will be the same kind of players that'll have to carry the team."
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech