Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Kontraz
06.04.2013 , 01:17 PM | #2821
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
Proof in writing ^ that plent of premades are looking for pugfarms over the "challenge" they supposedly want. They're not fooling anybody, they want pugs in their queue because they gladly accept a hollow victory that means nothing, even at the expense of the total PVP population.
Allow me to introduce you to my friend. His name is sarcasm. He tends to hang out in posts like the one you are quoting.

foxmob
06.04.2013 , 01:25 PM | #2822
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
I accept that I am allowing the possibility that bads could be on my team when I solo. Most of the time, I could care less about the outcome... Even if we are getting stomped, entertainment should be based on playing the game itself. Conversely, if you want competitive matches you should want the bads to get better, not eliminate the competition...
yeah. that's not going to happen if the bads are on the outside looking in. it's not going to happen if the bads are stuck grping with other bads. it's definitely not going to happen in a roflstomp/spawn camp match. and frankly, some ppl's ceiling is just lower than others.

I don't pretend there's an easy solution, and I try not to poke my head in this thread very much, but the whole "you can grp too" and "l2p" stuff does get on my nerves.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

sirullrich
06.04.2013 , 01:26 PM | #2823
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
You do realize there is no longer any recruit gear right? hasnt been any since the Xpack, sooooo..... are you for real or are you just trying to enrage the posters here by supporting premades stomping on pugs for smiles and grins?

Been alot of people (MEANING) Paying customers that wants cross server ques and solo ques. there is no reason to support steam rolling pugs.

so here is my question....

if there was a cross server que system, AND your rated ques were very short (MEANING) 3 min or less time for a rated que, would you still scoff at seperating the pugs from the premades? if so then why? if the que was short why wouldnt you want to go up against a premade group if the time was realy short?

Why wouldnt you support new players / casual pvpers to go up against moslty not all but moslty other ungeared players with the purpose of getting geared? dont they deserve to get their gear in a timely manor, instead of being held back by being steam rolled and discouraged to the point they quit?

but that is the real point isnt it? customers ARE being discouraged by a bad experiance in WZ's and its due to a few issues and one of them is premades, and a game with out customers is no game at all. So all of the ranting and raving against seperating the two is destructive to the game. We need a fix to this and if it does not come soon who knows. My que times on Ebon Hawk are through the roof now and all this waiting because BW doesnt want cross server ques is only harming themselves. I'll draw the line at 15 min per pop and play this game as a single player game till the server shuts down / forced xfer.
Ebon hawk is an RP server so I can understand the whole being discouraged, but on a PVP server we joined it to PVP.

Astarica
06.04.2013 , 01:27 PM | #2824
In terms of having fun, I'd say premades tend to win just because the guys who premade tend to have a lower threshold of what's defined as 'fun'. If you've the ability to convince yourself that it's never you fault that you lost the game, it's far easier to have fun than someone who cannot do this. Premades tend to attract people who think like that.

L-RANDLE
06.04.2013 , 01:32 PM | #2825
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
You do realize there is no longer any recruit gear right? hasnt been any since the Xpack, sooooo..... are you for real or are you just trying to enrage the posters here by supporting premades stomping on pugs for smiles and grins?

Been alot of people (MEANING) Paying customers that wants cross server ques and solo ques. there is no reason to support steam rolling pugs.

so here is my question....

if there was a cross server que system, AND your rated ques were very short (MEANING) 3 min or less time for a rated que, would you still scoff at seperating the pugs from the premades? if so then why? if the que was short why wouldnt you want to go up against a premade group if the time was realy short?

Why wouldnt you support new players / casual pvpers to go up against moslty not all but moslty other ungeared players with the purpose of getting geared? dont they deserve to get their gear in a timely manor, instead of being held back by being steam rolled and discouraged to the point they quit?

but that is the real point isnt it? customers ARE being discouraged by a bad experiance in WZ's and its due to a fe issues and one of them is premades, and a game with out customers is no game at all. So all of the ranting and raving against seperating the two is destructive to the game. We need a fix to this and if it does not come soon who knows. My que times on Ebon Hawk are through the roof now and all this waiting because BW doesnt want cross server ques is only harming themselves. I'll draw the line at 15 min per pop and play this game as a single player game till the server shuts down / forced xfer.
I would have no problem cross server, but the devs already said it highly unlikely.... So understand, we are pretty much stuck with what we have....

Also if they eliminated group requirements to ranked, then you got a deal.

I give no quarter to new/casual players getting "discouraged" and quitting... You know what I did when I was getting stomped? I read my azz off about my class and spec. I talked to guildies about what they were doing. I read the guides and builds on the forums. I accumulated money and gear so I could BE on equal footing with my counterparts. I never got discouraged, because I had a desire to be better at this game... So if they give up and quit so be it.. I rather have dedicated people on my team who actually cares about performance...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

sirullrich
06.04.2013 , 01:38 PM | #2826
I would have no problem cross server, but the devs already said it highly unlikely.... So understand, we are pretty much stuck with what we have....

Also if they eliminated group requirements to ranked, then you got a deal.

I give no quarter to new/casual players getting "discouraged" and quitting... You know what I did when I was getting stomped? I read my azz off about my class and spec. I talked to guildies about what they were doing. I read the guides and builds on the forums. I accumulated money and gear so I could BE on equal footing with my counterparts. I never got discouraged, because I had a desire to be better at this game... So if they give up and quit so be it.. I rather have dedicated people on my team who actually cares about performance...
^^^^^this

Alkazarr
06.04.2013 , 01:48 PM | #2827
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
Allow me to introduce you to my friend. His name is sarcasm. He tends to hang out in posts like the one you are quoting.
Rofl epic

L-RANDLE
06.04.2013 , 01:52 PM | #2828
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I don't pretend there's an easy solution, and I try not to poke my head in this thread very much, but the whole "you can grp too" and "l2p" stuff does get on my nerves.
Much like the "premade is unfair" gets on my nerves. The PVP imbalance has little to nothing to do with premades.. its class balance and/or mechanics. Who I group with is almost irrelevant if there is an issue with either of those...

Comfterbilly
06.04.2013 , 02:05 PM | #2829
Much like the "premade is unfair" gets on my nerves. The PVP imbalance has little to nothing to do with premades.. its class balance and/or mechanics. Who I group with is almost irrelevant if there is an issue with either of those...
Solos do not want to play with you. From that point, whatever your issue is is your problem to take up with the devs.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

L-RANDLE
06.04.2013 , 02:14 PM | #2830
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
Solos do not want to play with you. From that point, whatever your issue is is your problem to take up with the devs.
And I don't want to Que with bads, but you don't hear me here complaining for a design change to fix it now do you?