Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

criminalheretic
03.31.2013 , 02:18 PM | #2301
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
The majority of people queuing for WZs are "single players". Being an MMO doesn't have anything to do with people queuing up to play in a WZ. You and the rest of the people like you can stop using that BS excuse to stomp on unorganized pugs.
If the majority of people queuing up for Warzones are single players, than you shouldn't run into premades very often.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

criminalheretic
03.31.2013 , 02:21 PM | #2302
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
I would have said present instead of ubiquitous if they were synonyms...they are not.
^^^ This. Ubiquitous is the degree to which something is present. Specifically something that is constantly present.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

-IceHawk-
03.31.2013 , 02:29 PM | #2303
I play on The Shadowlands; I honestly cannot remember the last time that I was not facing at least a paired group of opponents. Half the time I am facing a Wook 3 or 4-man...and they lose.

The absolute best Voidstar this weekend was a game in which myself and one Guildie joined to find the rest of the team filled out with players (on lowbie Alts) we knew from Level-50 PVP guilds (we were the only pair from the same guild).

With little more than a quick nod, Ops Chat statement of Left Versus Right, and absolutely no Voice Chat or further remarks we proceeded to smash through the opposing Pug, Cap the Computer in 3-minutes flat, and hold off the first door cap until 20 seconds left on defense.

No voice chat and only the occasional call-out; it was a blow-out because we had a group of good players who play for objectives and did not need direction.

Good players will win in the end, Premade or no.

PowerReaper
03.31.2013 , 02:36 PM | #2304
As long as pugs will continue to be bad and not follow objectives, players like myself who want to succeed and do good in the wz will continue to queue with a friend i can count on.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

TridusSWTOR
03.31.2013 , 04:39 PM | #2305
Ranked pvp is still a graveyard, due to the lack of competitive pvp teams in this game.

/thread.

HaLeX
03.31.2013 , 05:01 PM | #2306
I think many of you are missing a huge point. Premades, especially the casual ones will go grom a70% win ratio to about a 20% win ratio if they were forced to play other premades. This will cause premades to bring their A TEAM which takes more time and will make ques much much longer. Without solo quers to stomp the bad premades will stop queing and instead go to the much faster and more evenly matched solo ques. Thus group ques will be more like ranked. Im not saying this is good or bad, its just the obvious consequence. If you remove the incentive to group, people will, solo more. And also my decision on whether I pug or group has nothing to do with being social, its usually a funtion of how much time I have, if I anticipate playing for more than an hr I group, if time is limited, ill see if anyone is available, if noone is ready ill just solo.
Stannis of House Baratheon, First of His Name, The One True King!!!
Lord of Dragonstone - Warrior of Light - Master of Ships (formerly)
King of The Andals and The First(claimant) Protector of the Realm (claimant)
GatorNation GatorCountry POT5

Siphorus
03.31.2013 , 05:09 PM | #2307
OP is clearly bad
Deft - The bastion

cashogy_reborn
03.31.2013 , 08:37 PM | #2308
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
I think many of you are missing a huge point. Premades, especially the casual ones will go grom a70% win ratio to about a 20% win ratio if they were forced to play other premades. This will cause premades to bring their A TEAM which takes more time and will make ques much much longer. Without solo quers to stomp the bad premades will stop queing and instead go to the much faster and more evenly matched solo ques. Thus group ques will be more like ranked. Im not saying this is good or bad, its just the obvious consequence. If you remove the incentive to group, people will, solo more. And also my decision on whether I pug or group has nothing to do with being social, its usually a funtion of how much time I have, if I anticipate playing for more than an hr I group, if time is limited, ill see if anyone is available, if noone is ready ill just solo.
this.

and the only real "incentive" to making a 4-man premade in regs it that you guarantee that at least half of your team is not scrubs
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

PowerReaper
03.31.2013 , 08:42 PM | #2309
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
this.

and the only real "incentive" to making a 4-man premade in regs it that you guarantee that at least half of your team is not scrubs
Not only that but you gurantee half your team
- You know you'll get along with
- Can communicate with better
- Understand their playstyle, what they normally do, etc.

Premades are for people who don't want to be stuck with pitiful pugs, the solution to less premades is for pugs to become above bacteria.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Arkerus
04.01.2013 , 07:17 AM | #2310
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
Not only that but you gurantee half your team
- You know you'll get along with
- Can communicate with better
- Understand their playstyle, what they normally do, etc.

Premades are for people who don't want to be stuck with pitiful pugs, the solution to less premades is for pugs to become above bacteria.
No one is asking for LESS premades. They are asking teams of premades be paced into a queue with other premades. They don't mind the challenge....right? Oh...wait....
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY