Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Draekos's Avatar


Draekos
10.24.2012 , 04:35 AM | #221
The problem with 1200 is folks, myself included start swapping in more power/main stat at that point and replace expertise.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
10.24.2012 , 05:52 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
Or in other words I'm a noob. And peak times on my server it takes max a couple of mins for a pop. After midnight maybe max 15mins. Hmmmm.

MercurySeven's Avatar


MercurySeven
10.31.2012 , 10:44 AM | #223
Cross-server matches with separate solo/premade queues (for Regular and Ranked) would restore my faith in this game. On a side note, breaking up the pre-50 PVP into different tiers would be nice. TY.
M7

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
10.31.2012 , 10:59 AM | #224
Solo queuing is ruining non-ranked war zones.

Definition: MMO

A Massive Multi-player Online game.

/thread.

Siorac's Avatar


Siorac
10.31.2012 , 11:02 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Solo queuing is ruining non-ranked war zones.

Definition: MMO

A Massive Multi-player Online game.

/thread.
That's a real stupid and trolltastic argument. And I'm sure you know that.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
10.31.2012 , 11:03 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
That's a real stupid and trolltastic argument. And I'm sure you know that.
No, complaining about teams in an online, multi-player, team based game is really stupid. I would hope you know that.

Siorac's Avatar


Siorac
10.31.2012 , 11:16 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
No, complaining about teams in an online, multi-player, team based game is really stupid. I would hope you know that.
Hey, you're moving the goalposts here (you Yanks know that expression, right? :P)! You implied solo queueing was a bad thing and somehow against the nature of MMOs. Which is as stupid as complaining about teams.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
10.31.2012 , 11:25 AM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Hey, you're moving the goalposts here (you Yanks know that expression, right? :P)! You implied solo queueing was a bad thing and somehow against the nature of MMOs. Which is as stupid as complaining about teams.
Alright.... I guess I'll have to go into detail.

Solo queuing players who expect to have an easy mode created just for them, instead of grouping up and forming alliances are ruining the game. My comment was tongue in cheek to imply the ridiculousness of complaining about teams in an MMO. The statement itself is completely absurd. It's like going to a concert and complaining about the loud music.

Solo queuing HAS a place in MMO's and it should. But people who solo queue have no place to complain about teams when they have every option available to create one of their own and CHOOSE not to take advantage of it.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
10.31.2012 , 11:31 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Alright.... I guess I'll have to go into detail.

Solo queuing players who expect to have an easy mode created just for them, instead of grouping up and forming alliances are ruining the game. My comment was tongue in cheek to imply the ridiculousness of complaining about teams in an MMO. The statement itself is completely absurd. It's like going to a concert and complaining about the loud music.

Solo queuing HAS a place in MMO's and it should. But people who solo queue have no place to complain about teams when they have every option available to create one of their own and CHOOSE not to take advantage of it.
Agreed. This game encourages grouping yet people, who for their own reasons, who absolutely must do everything solo demand things be done about people who choose to partake in groups.

UncleOst's Avatar


UncleOst
10.31.2012 , 11:41 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Agreed. This game encourages grouping yet people, who for their own reasons, who absolutely must do everything solo demand things be done about people who choose to partake in groups.
Yep. Sounds silly.
Also important to note is that when faced against an organized team that is beating you, if You still perform well despite the greater odds, often enough you'll earn recongnition.
Holding yer own and putting up a good fight is one way to earn some respect for yerself.