Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

MidichIorian
03.27.2013 , 09:44 PM | #2261
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
.....ignoring the advantages/disadvantages certain classes innately have, 50 PvP is "balanced".....
That's one hell of a contradiction.

Personally I'd say that there's less difference between a lvl 21 sorc and a lvl 49 mara, in terms of output (burst), than there will ever be between said AC'es at 50. Same applies to commando contra every other class in the game. The only AC that can be somewhat OP in lowbie is sniper, with their 6K hits. I've never been smashed for more than 4,7 K in lowbie in gear where I'm able to probably put out somewhere in the 4K on my sage. Compare that to taking 7K hits in 1396 expertise but not being able to deal more than 3,5 on an equally geared opponent. Hence, i will always maintain that lowbie between lvl 45 and lvl 49, and preferably 49, would be more balanced. Add stricter diminishing returns on power at 50 and it will be the same thing, better PvP.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm talking about a dream scenario where everyone in the game has give or take the same level and decent gear but apply the same dream scenario to lvl 50, everyone in min/maxed ewh, and you'd have much greater differences between classes.

cashogy_reborn
03.27.2013 , 10:28 PM | #2262
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
That's one hell of a contradiction.

Personally I'd say that there's less difference between a lvl 21 sorc and a lvl 49 mara, in terms of output (burst), than there will ever be between said AC'es at 50. Same applies to commando contra every other class in the game. The only AC that can be somewhat OP in lowbie is sniper, with their 6K hits. I've never been smashed for more than 4,7 K in lowbie in gear where I'm able to probably put out somewhere in the 4K on my sage. Compare that to taking 7K hits in 1396 expertise but not being able to deal more than 3,5 on an equally geared opponent. Hence, i will always maintain that lowbie between lvl 45 and lvl 49, and preferably 49, would be more balanced. Add stricter diminishing returns on power at 50 and it will be the same thing, better PvP.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm talking about a dream scenario where everyone in the game has give or take the same level and decent gear but apply the same dream scenario to lvl 50, everyone in min/maxed ewh, and you'd have much greater differences between classes.
that is what im talking about with "innate imbalances" between classes. nothing can be done to improve that no matter what level you are. at 50 tho you have all the tools the devs intend for you to have. until that point, you really dont (arguably at 48 or 49 you do, but that speaks to the greater imbalance in lowbie PvP than anything else)

as far as "stricter diminishing returns on power", there are none at the moment. but that is something i agree with you on, bonus damage needs to have a DR curve just like crit, surge, and all the other stats. TTK will never increase until that happens.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Coldin
03.28.2013 , 12:34 AM | #2263
This is still a pretty big problem.

Beyond just Premades vs PUGs, there's the issue of matching recruit vs Elite War Hero. I'm not really sure if this will be fixed much with the launch of 2.0 and Bolster, since that still might leave well geared PVPers well ahead of anyone coming in with stock 55 blue gear.

iHernyx
03.28.2013 , 02:34 AM | #2264
It's getting dull now. I picked up my weekly on monday, played about 30 wz's since then and was only able to finish it on the the 29th. Out of these 30 wz's at LEAST 20 times (I did count them) I went against a premade of either imps or pubs. How many times did I get a premade on my side? only three times and I still got roflstomped by guess what? another premade on the opposite side. So now not only do we have more premades on both sides but also some of them are AWFUL and sometimes WORSE than a common PUG.

I know some people will be like 'get a guild, make friends and queue group stop qqing already' and I think this is easier said than done, especially if you are part of a guild that runs premades almost throughout the entire day/afternoon/evening. Because let's be honest... Those who like to queue as a group are people who want easy wins/easy pvp because you KNOW that you will most unlikely get to fight a decent team but you are not to be blamed, the whole thing starts with allowing groups to match up against people who solo que (like me and lots of people). But once again, people make groups because they want easy wins/comms/farm people or whatever so it kinda seems like the system is being abused. And if you fight a good premade it's like fighting 4 people at the same time when you attack one of their group.

Apologies in advance for the wall of text.

Locksley
03.28.2013 , 03:30 AM | #2265
Its a mmo so your meant to be able to group with friends. I dont think premades are the problem more noobs rocking up in greens and 200 expertise. Then those same noobs scream in ops chat that its unfair that they cant hurt the opposition...
You will learn your place young one

Delerium (sage), Sophi'e (sorc).Deucalion (guardian), D'ale (Jug).

Atramar
03.28.2013 , 03:32 AM | #2266
premade is just 4 people. imho rotflolstomp starts when you have 2x4 premade (so ranked team to qued for regular warzone and got into one on same side) or 2 good premades that got into one warzone together by accident.

How about, making a que the way that if a premade ques in, they will be put against other premade, and if there is already premade in team, only solo que and 2 mans would be allowed in same team?

problem with 2x4 is not because it's hard and comptetitive.
It's 8 good players, vs statisticly (totally made up numbers - just my observations) 4 good gear good game players, 1 good game semi gear player, 1 muppet valor 10 who didnt learn how to pass the ball yet (it's just an expression, he won't get it any way, since won't know how to position, but it's a figure of speech), 1 rage quitter and 1 of random lot.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

AlrikFassbauer
03.28.2013 , 06:39 AM | #2267
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
you are matching players with different amounts of character progression, incomplete skill trees, and incomplete ability complements.
In my opinion : This additionally to the lack of good gear.

iHernyx
03.28.2013 , 04:28 PM | #2268
Now everyone is talking about undergeared people but how do you expect people to get better gear if you lose all the time??

CommanderKeeva
03.28.2013 , 04:44 PM | #2269
I had two matches against teams of 8 from the same guild today. Why on Earth would you let in 8 people in the same non-ranked warzone?

Or why not put them on opposite sides? 2x4 premade vs. 8x1 PuG is about as bad as matchmaking can get. Wouldn't it be better to have 4 people from the 8man team on both sides and fill the rest with pugs?

I can live with 4man premades in regulars. But come on 8 mans? How big an advantage do you want over pugs?
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Arlanon
03.28.2013 , 04:44 PM | #2270
Quote: Originally Posted by iHernyx
Those who like to queue as a group are people who want easy wins/easy pvp because you KNOW that you will most unlikely get to fight a decent team but you are not to be blamed, the whole thing starts with allowing groups to match up against people who solo que (like me and lots of people). But once again, people make groups because they want easy wins/comms/farm people or whatever so it kinda seems like the system is being abused. And if you fight a good premade it's like fighting 4 people at the same time when you attack one of their group.

Apologies in advance for the wall of text.
No. People who queue together do so because they are friends who enjoy playing together in a MULTIPLAYER game.

If it's so easy win mode in a group, why such opposition to doing it?

1 Make friends
2 Group up
3 Communicate

Anyone who whines about premades ruining warzones has trouble with one or more of those things. (They probably have trouble with those in real life too). It is not a game issue. It is a personal issue. Bioware cannot fix your life. There is no solution except L2P.

I can't believe this thread is still going on.